[N64] Possible founded Conker64 and Dinosaur Planet Catridge

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Gaudy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Kat

Kat Newly Registered

Oh, wow. I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes here. I was unable to post ahead of time because my account had to get verified by a mod, which took around 24 hours (apparently I cannot remember the email address from my old account here, or it got deactivated due to disuse). Before purchasing, I weighed the pros and cons of the situation. My decision to purchase was based on the following :

- This is a public forum, crawled by Google. The item was for sale on a popular, public site (not a private sale). When the search term "Conker's Quest" is entered on Google, the Amazon guide listing is (currently) the 7th hit that comes up for me (first page). This item is something that popped up whenever someone searched for the game. Therefore, even if it only took a few days to get the money together, it was not guaranteed that someone else would not swipe it up - either from seeing it posted here, or by just simply searching the game on Google.
    - I had the funds, in full, immediately available. It made more sense for me to purchase it right away than to send money to a 3rd party in another country through a service that takes a cut. Why add another party to the mix?
    - I live close to the seller. There is an inherently higher risk with international shipment. I have been shipping/receiving items internationally for 14 years now - international shipments are subjected to higher scrutiny than a domestic package (customs, etc.), and it always seems like the items you want most are the ones that go lost.
    - If the item did turn out to be fake/non-existent (which is almost certainly the case), then the donations would have been refunded anyway. With me being the sole purchaser, the amount of refunds needed (and the financial impact to those that are temporarily out the money) are now minimized.

So that's how I came to the decision that I did. I apologize that it bothered you the way it did - I did not intend for it to come across that way. If I did indeed feel as you implied ("fuck this member's work and fuck to all who has donated so far, i'm going to buy this for myself"), then I would have purchased it with the intent of keeping it to myself. I also did not purchase it "for personal gain". While indeed I do want to see the contents just like everyone else (yourself included), my reasoning for purchasing it myself was purely as stated above - it was logical. If owning the physical book does mean that much to you (if it does exist), I would be happy to ship it to you once the scans have been completed. You need only pay shipping. :)

Anyway, so far it is still in a "Shipping Soon" status. I have not received any communication from the seller. I will, of course, keep you all updated.

EDIT : Well, it looks like it was a mis-list. I received an order cancellation email from Amazon - no contact from the seller and no explanation. As proof, here's the email I received :

[​IMG]

So there you have it, folks :) The search continues!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    Kao likes this.
  2. Prometheus

Prometheus Site supporter 2016

Disappointing, but this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. If anything, the fact that someone is still using Internet Explorer is the real shocker. Or is Internet Explorer actually halfway decent now?

I guess we'll have to wait until the next time something interesting pops up.

3. Kat

Kat Newly Registered

Haha, I knew someone would call me out on it :) I'm at work, and I have my work email (also gmail) open in Firefox, but have to use IE for work-related tasks that are incompatible with other browsers, so that was where my personal email was opened. Don't worry, IE's still shit.

4. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Most expected result. Thanks for getting this solved for us, Kat :)

I hope some sort of leak happens with this game eventually. Just not so long from now that I'm a grandpa :p

5. ToñoGK

ToñoGK Member

Any news guys?

6. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Gutsy Member

Im sorry if Im mixing things up, but wiki says about "Conker Bad Fur Day":
    Development of the game was announced at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in June 1997.[SUP][15][/SUP] The game was originally going to be titled Conker's Quest, and later Twelve Tales: Conker 64

So "Bad Fur Day" should be "Twelve Tales"...but "Twelve Tales" would be the prototype you are asking for ?

There is this video by RareMinion about Twelve Tales from 2012 on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ceNFV2yz4

And 1 hour of gameplay regarding Dinosaur Planet :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOVBRJToVDY

Some interesting finds in the GameCube Version of StarFox Adventures lead to Dinosaur Planet :
    (there seems to be alot(!) of "Dinosaur Planet" remains in Starfox Adventures)

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=...ur=151&page=1&start=0&ndsp=47&ved=0CFgQrQMwAA

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  7. Mysticmaus

Mysticmaus Active Member

Can't wait to play Dinosaur Planet for myself 1 day , i hope somebody dumps it real soon now , it already may 2014 o_O ...

8. CoinCollector

CoinCollector Spirited Member

I know, 14 years!!! A bit frightening, honestly... I sure hope Krystal, Sabre, & Tricky are safe somewhere out there.

9. JAntonioGK

JAntonioGK Member

If you are an owner of the DP prototype and are reading this, please dump it!!