[N64] Possible founded Conker64 and Dinosaur Planet Catridge

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Gaudy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Keiji Dragon

Keiji Dragon Enthusiastic Member

2. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

I wonder if someone brought it or if the seller removed the listing ?

3. Kat

Kat Newly Registered

Don't worry - I had the available funds and made the purchase (I do not need donations). I live only one state over from the seller, so shipment should be fast. I have multiple scanners available to make high-quality scans if it does indeed turn out to exist (and have done releases in the past for other communities). As of yet, it has not shipped. My guess is that it will sit in a pending shipment status until the seller realizes their mistake and issues a refund; but hey, here's hoping.

4. darkmech

darkmech Newly Registered

Thats great someone here bought it, my guess it will be a conkers bad fur day guide, the description and stock photo were most likely just stored in amazon from back before it was canceled, the seller must of just got the listing mixed up somehow, the question is if they didn't know what they had why charge $80?

5. Kat

Kat Newly Registered

Asking price is usually a combination of factors. The availability of historical sales data for one - which may not be easily tracked for something like strategy guides. If the seller is unable, or unwilling, to research the item they are selling, price could be way off in either direction. In these cases, they'll just throw a price out there - If someone buys it, great, they got the amount they wanted. If not, then maybe they'll reconsider the price down the line. There's plenty of overpriced common stuff out there - we just know better than to buy it.

In this specific case, I agree it is more than likely a Bad Fur Day guide in combination with lazy product listing practices. But I think it's worth taking the chance on the purchase at this point. If it's not the real deal, the ISBN numbers won't match and it's an easy refund under "item not as described".

6. blixa

blixa Spirited Member

nice.
    but at the same time; what a dick move.
    luckily refunds are easy and quick.

7. Prometheus

Prometheus Site supporter 2016

Not really.

Anybody could have bought it within that time span. If someone on here who was interested in it had the funds to buy it before some random collector did, then I don't see what's wrong with them purchasing it. Not to mention the person claims to live very close to the seller, so the chances of the package being lost or damaged is vastly decreased.

8. blixa

blixa Spirited Member

1. no one would have bought it because no one fucking looks on amazon for an unreleased guide for an unreleased game 15 years ago.
    2. that means, statistically, most likely someone who saw it here in the first place would buy it, and since he would see we were in the middle of aquiring it, and still went forward, it is a dick move, period. it's obviously all for personal gains.

that said, i don't really care.
    i just think he should have jumped in earlier/from the beginning, or not at all.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  9. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Stop jumping to conclusions. In all likelyhood, the item was mislisted anyway. And I commend him for not taking donations for this one, its a small purchase, and it might as well be kept in the states. They already said they would scan it if it is anything of value.

10. blixa

blixa Spirited Member

who give's a fuck about it being kept in the states? does it matter?
    hint: no.

listen, i'm glad someone from here who's willing to share it got it, even though it's 99.9% fake.
    i just hate that he had to interfere after several days planning, when the purchase would have been made sooner than you think.
    rendering my work pointless.

11. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Well should've consulted first. I can understand wanting to reduce the shipping risk, but...

12. blixa

blixa Spirited Member

there's no shipping risks involved, i planned with the seller to ship with EMS. it's a very accurate shipping method*.
    but in come's this guy, basically going 'fuck this member's work and fuck to all who has donated so far, i'm going to buy this for myself'.

*there won't be any shipping because the product doesn't exist.
    however, i still think it's a douche move.

13. Prometheus

Well, considering the chance of it being lost or damaged is higher despite whatever you may claim, yes, it does matter. Especially for the people who donated, or were planning to.

"ANYBODY INTERESTED IN CHIPPING IN AN AMOUNT FOR THE BOOK, PM ME FOR PAYPAL INFO.
    WHEN THE DESIRED AMOUNT AT 90 (FOR ADDITIONAL SHIPPING COSTS + TRACKING) USD HAS BEEN REACHED, THE BOOK WILL BE PURCHASED THEN SCANNED AND SHARED WITHIN THE COMMUNITY IF BEING THE CORRECT PRODUCT, OTHERWISE IT WILL BE RETURNED AND THE MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.
    IF THE BOOK GETS LOST IN THE MAIL FROM THE SELLERS END, NO SCAN CAN BE DONE AND THEREFORE THERE IS THE POSSIBILLITY OF NO REFUND BEING AVAILABLE. THIS ALL DEPENDS ON THE SELLER.

IF THE BOOK GETS LOST IN TRANSIT FROM MY END FOR BEING THE WRONG PRODUCT, NO REFUND CAN BE DONE UNLESS THE SELLER STATE OTHERWISE
    , HOWEVER I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN MY WAY TO SEND IT WITH THE BEST SHIPPING OPTION AVAILABLE, WITH TRACKING INCLUDED.

THERE IS VERY LITTLE RISK IN IT BEING LOST IN TRANSIT, BUT I WANTED TO STATE THAT THERE IS ALWAYS SUCH A POSSIBILTY. NEVER HAVE HAD IT HAPPEN IN ANY OF MY 100+ PURCHASES ONLINE AS MY COUNTRY IS VERY RELIABLE WITH THESE THINGS.
    "

If it got lost (and there is always a chance of that, especially when shipping internationally) then no refund could be given to the people who donated, thus rendering the entire thing pointless and a waste of money.

Not unlike what you've been doing? Asking people for donations so YOU could acquire something seems like personal gain to me. Assuming it was real, I'm sure you would have scanned it and dumped it like you said you would. But then afterwards, that leaves you with an extremely rare and valuable book likely worth double than what you would have paid for it. Not to mention you don't say anything about paying people back once everything is finished.

You want to know what I think? (of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this) I think you're less pissed at the fact that you have to undo everything done thus far, and more pissed at the fact that the book is not in YOUR possession. God forbid someone else with the cash in hand actually help us acquire it and keep us updated. But since it's not you, that guy must be a selfish dick, right?

Again, how is that any different than what you were doing? Wait I know, that person wasn't asking others for donations. S/he plans to buy it themselves and scan it without asking people for money. That bastard!

14. blixa

blixa Spirited Member

i put up that disclaimer as to not have people bitching about it, even though such a thing is near impossible. it could get lost, but i wouldn't worry at all, you know?
    same as it could disappear within the states, in fact, that happens alot.
    it's not all exclusive.

and as i have stated;
    i) i'm not angry.
    ii) if i would be, it would be because of the work done and having to organize the paybacks (and losing some bucks because paypal sucks, but i dont care about those bucks either)
    iii)yes, i would have the book in my possession after that (which i dont believe is real for one second anyway), but what would you expect, really? how is that avoidable? i don't give a fig about the original when the content is available, i dont need that kinda money.
    iiii)i think the good with him buying it outweighs the bad. i just think he could have contacted me first, at least, and i would have stopped everything from my side earlier.
    are you going to argue that would still make me 'pissed'?
    i wouldn't stop him purchasing it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  15. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

You shouldnt lose anything for hitting the refund button on Paypal.

16. blixa

blixa Spirited Member

well i do, and it's not the first time.
    same as you can't send payments as gift in germany, for example.
    it doesnt all work the same.

besides, i don't know how donators seint theirs, so maybe they also went out of their way to pay the additional 4% fee?
    that's not my problem now, right?
    should have put up another disclaimer..

anyway, i'm not pissed/upset/whatever.
    keep us updated, buyer.

17. Prometheus

Fair enough. It just seemed to me like you were criticizing the person who bought it for doing the exact same thing you were planning to do, minus asking for donations. I've just been getting sick of all the recent e-beggings going on online, and this seemed to be a textbook example of it at a much smaller scale (Pay me so I can get what I want without risk or work on my part!).

Plus, accusing the person who bought the book of being a dick probably isn't the best way to get info from him/her. I know when someone has what I want, I generally don't call them names and insult them.

This is all probably irrelevant anyway. There is a very good chance that the book is incorrectly labeled or fake. But at least we'll know for sure hopefully soon.

18. blixa

blixa Spirited Member

i understand where you're coming from, and i also understand the buyer.
    i would take the risk with the thing myself, but since i'm unemployed at the moment, i can't gamble that amount. therefore, i went with the fundraiser, as people said they were interested in adding to one, and since these things need someone leading it, i took the response, even though i didn't really like it, but it was what could be done for the moment.

19. Prometheus

I didn't want to comment on it before since some people seemed to interested in the idea (and who am I to get in the way), but I really didn't think this was something that should've warranted a fundraiser. This isn't a rare $2000 prototype video game, this is some $85 book that is most likely either fake, or the wrong book entirely.

20. blixa

blixa Spirited Member

what would we call it then?
    think of it as a mini-fundraiser, or more like, a pile of potential collective funds at one specific place.
    i don't think the amount needed should matter.
    only that; yes, it's easier for someone to buy this directly by theirself.
    but it does sound like something big, i agree.
    other factors should also be considered in this case, why it went that route..
    the seller was very lazy to check things, thus it was just generally perceived as better to chip in a small amount each would we get tricked of any sort.