N64 - CD64 copier BIOS replacement

Discussion in 'Nintendo Game Development' started by med, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Sektor

Sektor Rapidly Rising Member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    sa1 and BimboBoop like this.
  2. BimboBoop

BimboBoop Rapidly Rising Member

Thanks a lot for the Super Fast Replying dude!! It was fasr has a SektorĀ“s teleport! I hope this project continue cause it will be awesome some HDD bios with avery other stuff included on the oriiginal CD 64 Plus bios nad why not ? maybe even more... like the ability to play 64DD games? Best Vibes!

3. Wvisions

Wvisions Rapidly Rising Member

Has anyone ever attempted increasing the ram on any of these N64 copiers?

4. BimboBoop

Hi, just yesterday I founded this document at http://n64.icequake.net/files/, it explains an idea to try to surpass the 256mb limit. I dont know if someone ever answered this dude or goes deep at the plot, or if even someone tried it. I always readed that the 256mb limit is impossible to surpass, but I am not the correct person to answer if thats is possible.

Attached Files:

5. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

Read through the whole thing.

6. BimboBoop

Well. there is still the hope of a complete HDD bios to became true .

7. Seedso

Seedso Newly Registered

Hey guys I just come across this specific post and I was wondering if its possible to just modify the current cd64 bios for a cf drive with an easy alphabetical organization of roms? Like have # A-Z at the top, select a letter and it'll show that selection. I love the idea of this mod and I think I prefer the cd64 over any current back up devices, one of the biggest drawback is the damn failing cd drive. I like he current cd64 bios and all its options like xterminator, is it really necessary to do a whole new bios or easier to just modify the current one? thanks!

8. BimboBoop

HI Med , I am wondering if maybe now at 2019 you were able to continue your project. I am sorry I didnt was able to help here cause I dont know anything about programming and stuff, but let me tell you I was following you project dude, cause for me this is more fun than using a regular flashcart. But now it seems the forum is really close to shutdown (1 month) , so I was wondering if by any chance you are close to were able to improve this project.

9. med

med Member

Hi,

It's been many years now since i last had time(or opportunity) to toy with this project. Fun that there is some people that still show interest in this project. I guess work etc. has taken up all my time. My CD64/N64 is currently in another country(and has been for years :( ), however this is indeed a fun project that I would like to work a bit more on in the future to implement the missing features. Don't know when it will happen, but I will update the github page for sure when that happens. :)

ruiner9 likes this.
  10. BimboBoop

Man thanks for answering me, that sounds awesome. You know, I been saving a really old couple of 1GB and 3GB IDE HDD I founded, just to tried them with your project at future. I hope you are able to do it. BTW one question. Now DD64 roms are available, do you think there is any chance this could work with them too, as some SD cartridges can handle?