N-Gage Taito Memories Dev Carts

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by ShaunMurray, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ShaunMurray

ShaunMurray Active Member

Hi Guys,

I have been lurking on here for years and have leeched many of the unreleased games that have been dumped and posted on here and want to give something back.

I have 3 N-Gage Development MMC cards with different builds of Taito Memories on them. I also have 3 cards with builds of Sega Rally. These are not like the normal alpha/beta carts that I see pop up. Normally they have the name of the game typed out on them and are somewhat legitimate. The ones I have are Nokia memory cards with labels over them (Picture is attached).

Unfortunately these carts aren't fully working right now. They are meant for a development N-Gage console and look for a license file when the game starts. The games will launch and run for ~10 seconds and then come up and say memory card corrupted and the whole phone reboots. The cards are definitely not corrupted. If I am fast enough I can actually navigate through the menus and start playing before it kicks me.

I would like to get these games up and running so I can release them on here for anyone interested. Does anyone on here have the ability to assist me in getting these running first?

So far I have attempted to dump a retail copy of MLB slam and did a hex comparison with a cracked copy to see exactly what was done to get the game running. I did the same edits to the Taito Memories app and it did not work. I'm thinking there is something in there that a dev game has that needs to be patched as well.

IMG_2894.jpg IMG_2896.jpg IMG_2897.jpg IMG_2898.jpg

0rgon3, Kao, ItsMeMario and 5 others like this.
  2. DirkDagger

DirkDagger Robust Member

Finally U are here again. Last time we lost contact. PM'ed. :)

3. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Gutsy Member

Ngage dev cards...never would have thought of such things. Cool :D

Too bad there arent any Ngage emulators...or are they ?

4. ShaunMurray

ShaunMurray Active Member

No emulators currently. There is one but it can only play java games for the Nokia platform and not actual N-Gage titles. Once the game is patched you can put it on an MMC card and play it on an actual unit though. Looks like we are going to be able to get this patched and out soon.

SILENT_Pavel and skyway1985 like this.
  5. infinity2k11

infinity2k11 Newly Registered

Hi i've messaged you on the topic, maybe we can discuss it somewhere in more detail.

6. infinity2k11

infinity2k11 Newly Registered

There was many N-Gage prototype leaks at the time, the games certainly aren't corrupted that was just the default error message from the protection scheme. I've sent you a message :) It's quite an interesting little handheld because of the cancelled games and how hard it is to obtain some of the dev copies.. some only turned up in specific locations like Australia.

I did speak to someone else with beta copies and to be honest i was too pre-occupied to re-learn the cracking method i think they ended up doing it themselves, but we can talk and i can give it a go for you. MLB Slam to my memory was cracked by Blizzard who used a different method entirely and packed their games in their own loader which used .blz files.

And yeah sometimes the errors were inside the game not immediately, the main .app is not the only file which needs cracking, and it was overlooked sometimes that one of the library files also causes the errors.

ItsMeMario likes this.