MY RELEASE OF THE CRASH BANDICOOT BETA PSX

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by djemotion, Oct 12, 2011.

1. mooseblaster

mooseblaster Bleep. Site Supporter 2012, 2014

An interesting aside: according to the screengrabs both DRX and djemotion have supplied, djemotion's version appears to have a loading screen which says 'LOADING' and DRX's version says 'OADING'. Not sure that's due to djemotion's version being corrected by a bootlegger or drx's version being shonky.

Easiest way of clearing this up is to see what the disc that contains it looks like. If it's circa 1990s branded CD-R or company-labelled media, then it's more likely to be legit than a more recent style of CD-R, a more than 74min disc or an unbranded disc with marker scrawl. It might well be that you BOTH have original copies that look the same, and it's just a random occurrence that they've both ended up in collector's hands. Also, if other people are uncertain whether theirs is legit, they can use it as identification for further copies (such as is the cast with the suspicious Dreamcast betas that were just a certain ex-member copying onto genuine media).

In the end though, it doesn't matter. You both put a beta up, and you both should be proud and not let the situation ruin what's awesome for (nearly) everyone.

2. djemotion

djemotion Spirited Member

im very very proud of this as my first release dispise all the madness that whent on but in the end of the day it was all worth it :) crash is an amazing cult game with alot of public interest so theres something to be proud of on its own :),i origanaly saw a post were a member was asking about this game it then dawned on me i may just have this on an old cdr yes cdr i never said i own the origanel well i pressume its not i dunno i had the game in a bundle my mate gave me anyways doesnt matter ,so i continued to persue the topic and try my best to get this one out :) now its public and thats all i ever wanted to see another great release so im actually gunna thank drx aswell for this release even thogh i have a funny feeling his release was outta spite or something similar ,we both have got this out in our own way ;)

3. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

Game is unfinished 1 level crashes 2 levels don't load :)

Completed the final level, goes back to map and it's all black with some icons LoL

awesome game :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edit: Double Aku Aku in final level P:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  4. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

5. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

How long I dreamed about it! Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  6. djemotion

haha awsum find :)

7. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

djemotion, where did you find it?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  8. djemotion

its been stored away for years in a loada games my mate gave me as a teenager lol

9. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Care to post an image of the disc? I'm always curious to see the actual media it's stored on.

10. Mystical

Mystical Resolute Member

yeah im also interested to see the disc if thats possible dude

11. djemotion

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  12. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

13. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I feel his pain, this is a real loss of value even if it was technically never theirs.

I would say the following:

1. was is stated as the sole copy?
    2. who is the source, as this seems unethical somehow.

14. segaloco

segaloco Enthusiastic Member

What I have to ask is this really something worth getting angry over. Money money blah blah blah. Money is what jobs are for, it's released and getting mad at people isn't going to change anything. I am interested to see the *original* though, not some random TDK CD-R.

15. djemotion

that true i wanna see the origenal (drx) maybe you could post an image or is yours like mine ?

16. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Technically there is no original. Andy told me, he burned several each week. However, they all just went into giant bins in the end.

Also, thanks for the upload.

I was playing it, and there are so many glitches. lol. I was able to walk under the map in one of them. Tricky to do, but possible.

Press: L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 for invincibility.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  17. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Betas arent always on pressed media. CDR can be the "original"

18. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

Press: L1 + R1 for invincibility.

SILENT_Pavel likes this.
  19. Mystical

Mystical Resolute Member

i used to work as a games tester mate and i can assure you that most of the discs i used to test were cd-r discs and random makes too, 1 day could be testing on kodak discs and then another day Verbatim, another day TDK etc etc. even though it was the same game, they used whatever CD-R's they happened to have at the time (usually whichever was cheapest)

the only times i ever really saw pressed discs were if the game used some form of protection and we were testing the PC version, we would have a pressed disc which was a KEY disc we could use to boot the game to test it out, they were not able to burn the protection onto CD-R/DVD-R discs (which makes perfect sense really ;) as thats what they were trying to avoid)

20. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Oh, sorry. Didn't know it was only 2 buttons...