My Miracle 360, Component only 2006 model that still works

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Apr 11, 2019.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I had no plans at all to ever plug my XBOX 360 in again, but my reasoning not is different than it was in 2012 when I started to get fed up with Microsoft as I saw game after game either get a release on PS3, or get physical release on PS3 and not on 360. The reason this time is, I think I might have the ONLY component only XBOX 360 that still works. Oh it's Red Ringed mind you, 3 times it's RROD'd and has been sent out for repair 3 times. But after repair #3 it worked like a Japan and after hooking it up Tuesday night to test my Component to D-terminal adapter it still worked. So yesterday I decided, I might as well add it to my line up and keep using it until it finally RROD's for the last time, or the last remaining games I have that aren't BC on XBOX One are made to........yeah there are quite a few games that are never making BC... After Burner Climax was waiting for me, Outrun Arcade, Poker Smash, Scott Pilgrim, Trouble Witches Neo (that game is BRUTAL) were all waiting for me on my 360.

It is very clunky and hangs up when I go into the menus but I think the 360 always did that. But regardless, what might be the only XBOX 360 made before the Elite models that still works is back in service and I'll be getting a round of Akai Katana in before Splatfest this weekend.

2. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

You don't have the only working component 360.

I have 2, my friend has one thats jtagged with the original resistor only method and I'm sure there are plenty more out there.

3. GodofHardcore

To be fair I did say I think I did. Isn't it like the only Console will a near 100% failure rate?

Or is that the PSX?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  4. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    the fact this system cant even be powered on without shortening its life span is a good reason why many are dead

5. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

It’s possible to use VGA with the original 360 too.

6. Xzx123

Xzx123 Robust Member

I got a 360 probably within in a few weeks of the US launch, and it never RRoD'd. To be fair, I've never really played it a ton, but I assume it still works.

7. GodofHardcore

Halo in church

I had a friend and he used to hook his 360 up via VGA and play Halo in a church after hours.

We did something similar at an Audatorium at Brown University with Soul Calibur II and 3rd Strike.

8. pstrick1

pstrick1 Site Supporter

You went to Brown?

9. GodofHardcore

No, I was involved with the Anime club until somebody who didn't like me took over and kicked me out in the most dick move way possible.

10. Pikkon

Pikkon "Moving in Stereo"

I have two launch models that still work,both are jtagged with a fan on the gpu to keep it cooled.

11. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

When I got my first 360 I initially had it connected to a 20” Dell (Sony) CRT computer monitor with the VGA cable. Around the time I started college I got this 19” Samsung LCD TV/monitor. It was kind of cool because it had basically every kind of input, even SCART and VGA. It supported NTSC and PAL, and I think maybe even SECAM. It was also ideal for living in a dorm, because it could be used as both a computer monitor and a TV. The built-in scaler kind of sucked, though. I used the 360 with that for a few years until I got a 32” LG LCD TV (which also had VGA), and I sold the Samsung to this guy who’s an asshole (that’s another story entirely).

What is the point of this long ramble? I’m not sure, but maybe it’s that I was using VGA with the 360 with every TV/monitor I had for about 4 years, until my 360 RROD’d for the second time, and I decided to replace it with a Jasper Arcade system. That system has HDMI, and I’ve been using it ever since — almost exactly 9 years now. It still works fine.

I still have the VGA cable, though I think some of the pins on the VGA connector are bent, so I’m not sure if it’s usable; the pins could probably be bent back into shape, though. I still have my original 360 complete with the original box, though the 360 doesn’t work.

12. notataco64

notataco64 Spirited Member

I got a Xenon for Christmas 2006. It worked great until March 2007 when I turned it on to play some THP8 and got sound but no video. At the time, Microsoft only accepted RRoD consoles for repair. They wanted to charge me upwards of $200 to send it back to them.

There was some fix that involved wrapping pennies in electric tape and using the cooling duct to lightly compress them onto that one chip that caused the trouble. It worked. I didn't have any RRoD troubles until well into 2008.

There was some point in the summer of 08 where I was taking apart Xenons frequently. Other peoples Xenons as well. I'd get mine working for awhile and then it would die again. The final solution was the towel trick, which, while even more harmful to the health of the console, usually allowed it to run for hours without a problem afterwards.

Long live the Blades dash

Shadha likes this.
  13. spoonrage

spoonrage Rising Member

My oven baked 360 has old blades dash.. 6.something, oven baked back in 2009 i believe.. other xenon that was baked has 7.something.. probably loads of old xenon models still working.. about as much as a miracle as my left arse cheek hahaa :)

14. GodofHardcore

I'm going to Start buying games for it again, so many of it's best games aren't BC on Xbox one.

Of all the Xbox systems the 360 has the most variety

I too miss the blades