My List of CPUs and GPUs

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by la-li-lu-le-lo, Jan 5, 2017.

1. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Sometimes, when I get bored, I make lists of stuff. Also due to boredom, I made a list of the chips in all of my devices. For this list, I’m including all of the devices I own, including computers, phones, consoles, arcade systems, handhelds, etc. I’ve omitted some things because they’re difficult to classify. This will focus only on CPUs and GPUs.

CPUs

x86 32/64-bit
    ARM 32/64-bit
    PowerPC 32/64-bit
    Cell 64-bit
    MIPS 32/64-bit
    SuperH 32-bit
    68000 16-bit*
    65C816 16-bit*
    65C02 8-bit
    6502 8-bit
    Z80 8-bit

GPUs

NVIDIA
    ATI
    PowerVR
    3dfx
    SGI
    Real3D
    DMP
    Sony
    Intel

Notes:

For CPUs, I’ve listed the name of the architecture used in my devices. I’m not including manufacturers or names of specific chips.

For GPUs, I’ve listed the names of the companies that design/create their respective 3D graphics processors. In the case of PowerVR, it’s the subsidiary that designs the chips.

Feel free to post your own list of chips in your devices. I can explain stuff about the various chips if anyone has a specific question.

Edit: I've updated the list. I added the bits for each processor. Just as with everything else, I've listed only the ones I own. I put a * to indicate that what I put isn't technically correct due to how the architecture works. I also added Sony to the list of GPUs.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    GoodTofuFriday likes this.
  2. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

[​IMG]

3. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

So that's what we're doing now? Alrighty then.
    [​IMG]

4. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Really? Well, you can't do that with the 65C816. Or can you?

5. rso

Meet the Powerspin centrifuge, model C816:
    [​IMG]
    (yeah, it's not all that funny, but I challenge you to come up with a better one.)
    I was also thinking about doing MIPS, but that bunny was in fact named after the architecture. (also I'm no zoophile.)

6. Topsnek

Topsnek Snack Eater

lol. I can remember the pc I5-4460 and the radeon 7770 and sli gtx 960s for pc i have. Couldn't tell you what was in the consoles i have without looking it up.

7. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

Nice! On the CPU side I have all of those except for SuperH, 68000 and 65C816. As for GPU I have all but PowerVR, SGI Real3D and DMP.

8. rso

No love for Matrox? o_O I'm not sure wether I still own one now, but back in the Quake 2 days +- a few years, they were sweet, sweet pieces of hardware to have.

Oh, and I have some ESP8266s in my parts bin, which I'm going to count/list because why not; they're Xtensa processors. There's also a bunch of AVR/MSP430/STM32 MCUs but those have ARMs (as well as legs) so nothing new there.

Since we differentiate between x86 and x86_64 (which technically is just an extension to x86 - in fact, all of the x86 line is just derivates of the 8086 from 1978 with bits added here and there), do we do so for 32- and 64-bit MIPS as well? If so, there's this 64-bit "Dragonchip" on my shelf.

9. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Nope, I don't have any Matrox cards. The only older PC card I have is a Voodoo 3 3000, and I also have ATI cards in my older Macs. I might get a PowerVR card and/or the Intel740 eventually.

I listed x86_64 separately because it's sometimes referred to as a different architecture. I also have 64-bit ARM, PowerPC, and MIPS processors. I wanted the list to be somewhat simple, so I didn't want to list 32/64-bits for all of those. It's not perfect. :cool: I could actually try to list all of the specific processors/GPUs I have if people want me to.

10. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I've updated the list. Read the original post to see what I added.

11. MikeDavis007

MikeDavis007 Rising Member

A few years old but still running great.

CPU: i7-3930k
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 780

12. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Guys, I appreciate the effort, but this wasn't intended to be a thread where you just list your PC specs. If you're going to list your PC hardware, try to list the CPUs/GPUs of at least one or two other (non-PC) systems that you own. The hardware specs of game systems, phones, computers, etc. are easy to find on the internet. If nobody else wants to add to the thread, that's fine, but if you do want to add something, please do what I just suggested.

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  13. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Saw this on reddit and thought of your thread.

14. rso

Excellent nerd-wallpaper collection you got there :)