My humble beginning as a Sega Saturn Collector :)

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by Aydan, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Just figured I'd share my collection with you folks since so many others do :)

I did it in video format as I do have some great stories with some of the games and the system.

Part 2 will be up shortly and has even better games and stories with them.

Oh and sorry on the quality, I'm not a big famous super youtuber, just a hobbyist which shows with my brand new channel.

Thanks guys!

.PS. For those not in the know, I'm welsh and we're usually referred to as a taff/taffy. Thus Game Taff haha :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  2. alphagamer

alphagamer What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch!

Gotta start somewhere :)

Do you plan on going for the full set?

3. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Not quite :) I've become quite the collector in regards to games anyway but I'm a player first and the rule I always operate with is that I only plan to buy what I actually want to play. There are many titles on the Saturn which lets face it, are very over priced and aren't worth the money they seem to go for these days. However I do plan on buying all the ones which are only available on the console for example, so games such as Shining Force 3 and Deep Fear etc would be great to own and are both titles I'd love to play through!

4. alphagamer

Good rule!

I've owned both over the years, but have since sold them, because I needed the money. Had an "ouch" moment when I rencently had a look on eBay wanting to reacquire them...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  5. Pikmin

Pikmin Resolute Member

Thanks for sharing, always nice to hear stories like that.

6. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Thank YOU guys more like for taking the time to listen to me ramble and share some stories from my childhood whilst showing off some of my collection.

I'll have part 2 up in a day or so and it contains a whole lot more stories though I do keep it short, don't wanna be taking up too much of peoples time!

7. tknjin

tknjin Spirited Member

Good luck on your Sega Saturn Journey. It is most definitely a very fun path, but sometimes has its downs because a lot of the things have gone high. If you do have good luck though on some of those harder to find ones. Do not even hesitate to take it because that way you can go home and play it like a madman :)

8. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Well, that's a different way of doing this! Nice!

I'd like to say that the games that are expensive on the Saturn were all worth it - it certainly used to be the case. There are some games that are fast increasing in value but aren't very good, though! Panzer Dragoon Saga is great, but I have never been inclined to pay the going rate for it. Fortunately, I got it with my Saturn from a friend when he was upgrading to Dreamcast, so the price was right! In fact, my collection has a few gaps - some games that I never picked up and some that I know I have but can't for the life of me find - and I'm loathed to pay £20+ for a game that was easily available for £5 a few years ago.

9. alphagamer

That is the general direction retro gaming is heading, with its increased popularity, I'm afraid.

10. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

have fun mate! ^ ^
    getting there is I'd say 90% fun by itself...

I'm kind of trimming down and holding off few selective my fav gems after spending over two decades on Sega Saturn...
    why knows my kids may find it interesting and pick up from where I left... :p

11. alphagamer

Your collection pics kinda got me into Saturn collecting in the first place :D

12. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

I still have fond memories chasing couple of items all the way to Tokyo/Osaka/Kobe and even Seoul... :)
    how I wondered the Shibuya visiting several shops near mid night :)
    how I wondered around the electronic complex district in Seoul for days to find and negotiate withe the help :)

bit ironic after all the chase and hunting thou now other more important things take over and I don't have the energy I once had for the hobby... still I keep telling to myself when kids are grown up and gone maybe... :p

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  13. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I have a long way to go yet it seems, though again i only buy what i want to play so the shining games, deep fear, and panzer saga are all in there.. *gulp*

aaaaanyways..

Part 2 is here and it has a few more fun stories (I hope anyway) as well as some more 'RARE!!!! L@@K' games and so on. Let me know whatcha think and if you enjoyed the stories though, i'm kinda trying to inject a little more nostalgia in what i do and it's why we love it right?

No ads, no nonsense, just a more fun way to share my collection and stories/memories/nostalgia with you fine folks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  14. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

It's nice to see some Sega once in a while, because it's mostly Nintendo that's getting all the attention these days.

15. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Where I'm from it's ALL about Sega :)

Growing up as a kid everyone I knew had a Master System and Megadrive so I grew up surrounded by it and it holds a such a special place in my heart as a gamer. I did play my fair share of snes (mario kart, zelda, mario world and all stars mainly) so I do have some love for it, but nothing like I do for Sega's games.