My first time using FMCB for PS2.

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by Stevie Goodwin, May 22, 2019.

1. Stevie Goodwin

Stevie Goodwin Spirited Member

Hi everyone. I plan on using FMCB to use homebrew on the PS2 such as Lenschanger and HD Loader and OPL. My console i'm using is a SCPH-30001 PS2 console which is a GH-005 V2 020 NO GAP BIOS with 10 screws and a KHS-400B laser. I found a good deal for a Free McBoot Memory Card on eBay for $9.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/FMCB-Offic...815427?hash=item33ac67cb03:g:Ni8AAOSwUuFW1P4t and it has software preloaded such as:
    -Free MCBoot 1.953
    -uLaunchELF v4.43a
    -ESR beta r9b
    -Simple Media System 2.9 rev4
    -OPL 0.9.3.

Is that FMCB version latest? Also is that a good deal? If so, would i install Lenschanger app easily? How do i install the Lenschanger app? Could i do it through USB by copying the .elf file from uLaunchELF?
    I have a SanDisk USB stick? Would the PS2 work with it?
    I plan on using FMCB because i want to be a PS2 pro like you guys. Also, would a KHS-400C laser fit in place of a 400B laser without the need of lenschanger? Also i'm replacing the laser in my 30001 because the laser it on its last legs and only reads DVD based discs. I bended the laser connector on the 400C very gently so the 400c laser would fit in the GH-005 unit no problem when the laser reads at the outer edge without bending and breaking the DVD Ribbon cable to the drive. Also how hard is it to install apps for a noob? I plan on installing like emulators, and etc.

oldengineer likes this.
  2. s8n

s8n Enthusiastic Member

hi Steve , i'm jumping in as this thread has had no replies for a couple of days. I can't answer all of your questions as i'm not a pro on some of the things you've queried. Yes i think the FMCB memory card on ebay is a good and fair price , some of the software on it is a bit out of date and there are new versions out. But once you get the card you can update if you wish , i don't know much about Lenschanger unfortunately i haven't used a disc in my PS2 for over 10 years i use OPL SMB Network streaming of ISOS.

i also use Sandisk USB Sticks with no problem..........

oldengineer likes this.
  3. Stevie Goodwin

How hard is it to copy new apps to a ulf launch file once i get the card?

4. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Fiery Member

Copying files to it is easy. Just use a file manager and a USB drive and move the files over. You can even run the files straight from a USB drive rather than copying them to the memory card IIRC (it's been a while).

$9.99 for a memory card isn't bad at all for one with FMCB. A regular card anyways would be about that price and you don't have to go through the hassle of installing it yourself and fudging up your system with swap tricks and such.

5. s8n

s8n Enthusiastic Member

i put my apps on the USB Stick , i simply insert the Stick to my PC and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the apps. I would recommend getting or if you have a spare PS2 Memory Card putting FMCB on that to practice with updating the app FMCB to a newer version. Also i boot straight into OPL first so i don't have to waste time using ulaunchelf to navigate to the USB Stick and launch OPL. This is done on the PS2 and it's quite easy once taught

6. Stevie Goodwin

So could I copy the FMCB file from the other memory card to the spare one or it won’t work that way? I do have a PS2 game which is exploitable called 007 Agent Under Fire in black label. Would that work?

7. s8n

s8n Enthusiastic Member

not sure about 007 hope someone else knows. FMCB has a installer once it is running it will have a menu to Install FMCB to Memory Card , you can select to install to the Card in Port 1 or 2 it takes about 30 seconds. I then run the FMCB Configurator from the PS2 dash and set it to launch OPL as soon as the console is powered on.

8. s8n

s8n Enthusiastic Member

check this video below and skip to 4:14 , it is ulaunchelf running the FMCB Installer.

arnoldlayne and oldengineer like this.
  9. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Fiery Member

If you obtain a memory card with FMCB pre-installed, then there is no need to use an exploitable game such as Agent Under Fire.