My CIB Gaming Collection

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by thedarkpersian, Nov 11, 2014.

1. thedarkpersian

thedarkpersian RetroGemCollector

Hi guys and gals. I've been collecting on and off for 25 years but have been to it SERIOUSLY since April 15th 2014 and now I'm at a level that I can display my young collection. Keep in mind that I'm not a "completionist" type collector. So I solely go for games and console that I like. That is the reason why the game part of that collection (now being at roughly 150 games across all platforms) will never exceed 1600 and the systems part has been set at 85 (half way there). I have a predetermined checklist that I update regularly that helps me to achieve that goal. I post this thread mainly as a reference for myself so I could see my progression. Also it's meant to be there so I can gather information/suggestion from all you experienced collectors. So, please enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My ever-growing collection can be seen HERE.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Getta Robo likes this.
  2. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, most of the photos (and your gaming setup one, too) appear to have been deleted - or the link is just incorrect. Could you edit the links so they work? Some nice stuff in the last picture, though! What's the PAX Power Glove? Mine is Mattel.

By the way, your posts were caught by the auto moderation system - probably because you're a new user posting links. It's a little overzealous like that, but it stops the spam! ;) If you notice any posts not showing up immediately, just sit tight and a moderator will eventually approve it. It should stop after a few posts ;)

3. thedarkpersian

Thanks for the reply. Every thing should be alright. The pax is the Japanese version of the Matel. Exact same thing in my opinion as I own both. Just that my matel is not boxed that why it is not there. But according some websites the pax is a little more precise as the sensors are better. I personally call B.S.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  4. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

Very clean gaming setup, I would love to have something similiar.
    Collecting CIB games is so much cooler, isn't it ?

5. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Nice stuff :) and welcome to the forums

6. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

I saw your collection on NintendoAge the other day.
    It's a very nice collection.
    It's always good to see more Panzer Dragoon Saga along with Earthbound in someone's collection.
    Congrats!

7. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

Lovely setup, and quite an amazing collection, very impressive for only being 6 months since you started collecting, way to go!!

8. thedarkpersian

Cheers guys, tnx for the nice comments.

9. thedarkpersian

Two new addition:

[​IMG]

Love64BitProcessors likes this.
  10. pas7680

pas7680 <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

you bought all that in six months???? must have dropped 10k on that lot.

11. thedarkpersian

;o) Let's say it wasn't cheap...

12. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I see you have a Wondermega RG-M1. I have the same model. It is a very beautiful system. I'm not sure if I prefer the Victor or the Sega model, though I do like the fact that the Victor model has the Mega Drive/Mega CD sticker, which the Sega model doesn't have. I imagine that could get messed up pretty easily if you didn't take very good care of the system (which I do). Mine is sitting on my shelf, but it's not connected right now, because I've had some issues with the power adapter. I want to either fix the original power adapter or get another one. I found out that there's a Canon camera power adapter that has the same voltage and amperage as the Wondermega adapter, so I may eventually get one of those.

I see you have a 64DD, too. I'd really like to own one of those. The Panasonic Q is really cool, too.

13. thedarkpersian

I personally prefer the Victor because they came with that original design, and Sega just copied it. Not that I don't find the glossy lid appealing but had Sega changed a little more than just the cosmetic side of the house I'd probably would have gotten that one. I just love the look of that Q, but my favourite GC is that Customized Gundam Char's one. I don't know there is just something unique about it...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  14. thedarkpersian

Some other stuffs I got today from another local collector:

[​IMG]

I've been looking for that Dracula for a while now. It was sealed…not anymore, haha.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  15. kneehighspy

kneehighspy <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

lovely setup and collection dude, very well done!

16. Pulsar

Pulsar Spirited Member

I like that Gundam Cube. Its too bad that thats the only console that came with a black faceplate... I have been tempted to paint one black

17. thedarkpersian

Thank you very much. I love when things are organized. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm finalizing my design of a new entertainment unit. I'm very excited to start working on it. The only thing missing is TIME. I really don't have any to spear these days. Soon hopefully.

It's funny you mentioned that, cause I was planning on doing it sometime before these holidays. I'll post pictures of final result.

18. thedarkpersian

November Purchase:

[​IMG]

Two more awesome items are on route, I'll post pictures upon receive.

19. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

Nice choice with the Lunar games ! But you are one year too late with that 3DS, this year it's the Super Smash bros. version.

20. thedarkpersian

Lol you are right, I'm a year late, but as I stated in the beginning of this thread, I'm a very selective collector and I rarely buy NEW stuffs. Also I'm absolutely NOT interested in all those ''LAZY'' Limited Edition where they took a black console and added a newly painted shell. The only other 3DS XL I might consider buying are the NES Retro and the Picatchu versions although I hate Pokemon so I'll probably never get that one.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014