Multiple controllers for a single player (Windows 7)?

Discussion in 'Computer Gaming Forum' started by Duttroid, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Duttroid

Duttroid Member

Hi, I'm surprised I haven't found much in regards to similar requests (or maybe I'm searching incorrectly):

Does anyone know of an easy solution to use multiple controllers for a single player (both can be Xinput) in Windows? I'd be willing to pay (within reason) for such a utility.

I ask because I have an arcade cabinet that uses an X-Arcade Tankstick and a PC in the corner of the room. What I want to be able to do is break out the video/audio to my TV/stereo and use it as my "game console" as well, and a quick easy way to switch between the arcade stick and an Xinput controller for couch playing (Hyperspin and Steam) would be great.

In case it's helpful info: I use the PS3 adapter with the X-Arcade and have SCP Server installed so that Windows sees the X-Arcade as a 360 controller.

Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you!

2. Domspun

Domspun Spirited Member

A few years ago (probably a decade...) I used a KVM switch. At the press of a button, I could switch between my "couch" setup to my "PC gaming" setup and vice-versa. But later I just had multiple keyboards, mice and controllers plugged in at the same time plus the computer can handle 4 screens.

3. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

You can probably set both controllers to emulate a the same keyboard keypresses? This way both would be completely equivalent. A tool to mess with input devices I used years on windows ago was "glovepie".

4. Duttroid

Duttroid Member

Thanks, I'll check out glovepie! I haven't yet purchased Xpadder but am curious if that would also do the trick.

Thanks also for the KVM switch idea! I may go digging and see if I still have one.

5. Domspun

Domspun Spirited Member

I just remembered that what I had, is more likely to be called is a KVM SPLITTER. It's like a reverse KVM switch. It was for multiple monitor/keyboard/mouse on one PC. Usually KVM stches are for multiple PC to be controlled with one monitor/keyboard/mouse combo.

6. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

They are actually called reverse kvm's

7. Duttroid

Duttroid Member

Thanks for the clarification. I remembered paying a ridiculous amount of money for a KVM switch to switch betwixt my 360 and PC in 2005 and was a bit confused about how that would work with this application.

I am going to try a USB hub with on/off switches for each port first. I'll report back when I get that set up.