Mods you've done whilst in the abyss

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by LeHaM, Jun 16, 2017.

1. billcosbymon

billcosbymon Guru Meditation Error

Installed an Xblast Modchip in my 1.6 xbox. The LPC rebuild wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

2. OrionTech

OrionTech Newly Registered

Been building these.

3. wilykat

wilykat Site Supporter 2013

AV modded my Atari 7800
    power bypass and new connector on my Atari 5200, gathering parts to make masterplay clone to use SMS or Genesis controller and AV eventually
    Saturn region mod

Not much, just mostly played games.

4. Flappyraccoon

Flappyraccoon Spirited Member

How would I go about acquiring one of those picopsu mounts? It looks so clean and that connector that goes onto the Dreamcast motherboard is so snazzy compared to most mods out there. Do you sell them or do we have to find a printing service?

5. Collingall

Collingall Robust Member

Thanks for the compliment, I spent hours going through connector datasheets to find that connector.

I'm willing to produce them for people that want to buy them. Let me put another one together tonight so I can get an idea of price, it's been a while since I put mine together.

Flappyraccoon likes this.
  6. Flappyraccoon

Flappyraccoon Spirited Member

Yes, please do! :)

7. rama

rama Gutsy Member

Took PsNee and did a full conversion to make it stealth. Now it monitors the read head position and only sends the unlock symbols when a real / correct region disk would.
    The monitoring works by sampling an SPI - like signal that's present on the CD controller.

In future, people will only need this chip code and a supported MCU. It will work on all consoles, all regions, 100% reliable :)
    http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1262&start=60
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Bearking, Rocky5, LeHaM and 5 others like this.
  8. kamillebidan

kamillebidan Member

Completed one of my side project which I named d-usb (word pun of d-sub :) )
    It makes two d-sub (9 pin) controllers appear as a keyboard.
    Features:
    -4 inches x 1 inches: fits in a floppy slot. I will finally have an i7 pc with front plugs for retro joysticks ;)
    - tested with Windows, macOS, Linux
    - compatible with megadrive(genesis) 3 and 6 buttons, sg-1000, mark III, master system, atari joysticks, etc
    - n key rollover
    - on the fly (no need to replug) reconfiguration of the keyboard key assigned to each of the joystick buttons
    - possibility to store a configuration on the device and overlay it with a temporary configuration
    - possibility to enable autofire on each key
    - four GPIO pins, reconfigurable for input/output
    - two additional on-board buttons (e.g. for coins/start)
    - analog inputs, seen by the pc as joystick axes (I plan to connect a physical plunger with a potentiometer for visual pinball)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bond.san, Rocky5, Sp33dFr34k and 2 others like this.
  9. Taijigamer2

Taijigamer2 Gutsy Member

Currently building a Sega Neptune mod (Sega mega drive + 32x combo).

Bios swap on Dreamcast. Next job - HDD, VGA, 270mhz overclock.

Flashed 12f629 with x750 firmware developed by Apexseal. Will allow playing psx backups on my FMCBoot Ps2.

Developed own version of CK3 lite for running Liteon 16D2S in PC.

Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 being shipped, plan to install in PC as pseudo Creative Labs Blaster.

Work continues on 'Multi Box' (360, PS3, Wii, Dreamcast in PC tower).

Will post pics of all work when complete :D

Turbanator and rama like this.
  10. mettleramiel

mettleramiel Robust Member

Wow! This is not getting enough love! Do you have any tutorials and/or schematics? How about a build log? Can't wait to see it in the pc case.

11. Zer0-2k11

Zer0-2k11 Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Great work rama!. Thank you for all the hard work you put into this. Can't wait to give it a whirl on my PU-8 SCPH-1001. I just need to find the time to get it out of storage. If there's any testing that still needs to be done (I know the SCPH-1001 is a bit of a hassle) when I get up and running, I'll be more than happy to help out if needed :) .

Sorry to bother you about this if I missed something, just to confirm, I read through a bit of the thread on PSXDev and couldn't find info if the chip was capable of full stealth on the SCPH-1001. Is full stealth working (NTSC-U Spyro 3 fully playable without patching) with the SCPH-1001 (NTSC-U) PU-7 and all PU-8 boards?. I know you said all consoles working, but just want to be sure because I heard they were bit of an issue to get full stealth working and work differently than the later models.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  12. rama

rama Gutsy Member

NTSC-U Spyro 3 is anti-mod protected. This is no problem for my mod, so unless the game does anything more (Libcrypt, for example), it will work.
    PU-7, PU-8 are well supported. I wanted those first models to finally have a good modchip! :)
    The picture I posted is a LATE PU-8 install.

Zer0-2k11 likes this.
  13. kamillebidan

kamillebidan Member

Thank you for your kind words. If there's interest, I can release schematic and firmware as open source. I can also sell some boards, either PCB-only or already soldered and programmed boards ( I have 10 copies of the pcb, but I won't probably need more than 3 of them for myself).

rama likes this.
  14. AndehX

AndehX You got boost power!

Finally got round to RGB modding my NES that I've had on the back burner for a couple of months now. Almost finished painting it too.
    19875962_10154571615357477_312652475_o.jpg 19911780_10154573208932477_1867812755_o.jpg 20107931_10154573210232477_287990668_o.jpg 19911710_10154571725172477_407826807_o.jpg 19876107_10154573225972477_543550345_o.jpg

rama and Taijigamer2 like this.
  15. cashonly

cashonly Active Member

I have made a personal procedure in flashing the TSOP of Xbox consoles. I've moded about 20 Xbox clasic consoles.
    The procedure is:
    -Install solderless modchip
    -Boot AID disc for it's FTP server capabilities
    -FTP from PC to XBOX hdd the C and E partitions (already prepared with softmod files)
    -Remove mochip and boot from softmod
    -Flash TSOP and format HDD with AID disc and put the latest XBMC4Xbox dashboard.
    This way i salvaged alot of modchips from consoles already moded.

Other things that i have done troughout the years:
    -Remove region lock pin from NES
    -Softmoded a couple of Wii's
    -Softmoded one PS3
    -USB cable to Xbox clasic controller (to use it on PC's)
    -USB male cable with Xbox controller port attachament so i can use an Xbox remote receiver on my Raspberry Pi
    -I have soldered an Xbox 360 component cable to an Xbox clasic AV connector
    -SATA HDD in an Xbox clasic, with adapter board
    -Fixed RROD of a couple of 360's with a hot air gun
    -Custom paint job on an Xbox clasic: white with drops of red paint (like blod).

And i have restored (cleaned inside and outside) alot of consoles:
    Dreamcast, SNES, Gamecube, NES, Xbox, Xbox 360, Gameboy clasic, Gameboy Color, PS3, PS2