Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by LeHaM, Jun 16, 2017.
So what have you guys been up too??
Using some old phones as weather stations.
TSOP flashed my Xbox 1.4 and put an HDD in my PS2. I got an SNES XBAND Modem to try out when the revival project comes along enough.
i put this together , it's made by a Australian company Arcadeworx.
Been hacking Vigilante 8 games non-stop. Been keeping me really busy. Now I want to learn reverse engineering, but no idea where to start.
Not 100% sure if my personal list is complete.
- N64 general RGB: new PCB design, new firmware -> everything together in a new Github repository
- N64 advanced RGB/RGsB/YPbPr mod -> at the moment in prototype stage
- building an OSSC v1.6 as DIY project
Installed the GCVideo Wii mod. Looks better than playing Wii games on Wii U, as you don't get the weird scaling and chroma shift abberations, and I can output in full range RGB as opposed to limited.
Designed a mount for GCVideo for the GameCube
Also did a picopsu mount for Dreamcast
hacked oblivion psp like crazy, found a unused character editor, options menu etc.
while I was never a member of this forum I had used it occasionally for resources.
However. I am a current member of Obscuregamers.com and have done 2 Famicom Modifications, both of which can be viewed by going to the following links.
Famicom-NES Controller Mod:
Famicom A/V Connector Installation Mod:
- Burned and installed MM3 chips in two consoles I have
- Currently trying to get PsNee going, but having some issues compiling
- Learned how to go from 0 to FreeMCBoot + games on HDD without needing a modded system or opening mine up. I made a video about this as well for Fat PS2s! Every single video I've seen required a disc swap, modded console, Swap Magic, or another card with FreeMCBoot on it already.
- Learned how to go from 0 to FreeMCBoot on a PS2 Slim as well. Trickier, requires ISO patching and swapping.
- Installed a ModBo 4.0 in a PS2 Slim - first ever PS2 chip install! It worked on the first try!!!!
- Modded two consoles with RGH 1.2 - This is so damn finicky with the wire placement but the boot times are amazing.
- Messed around with Aurora dashboard - Quite impressed with it! Definitely use this over Freestyle for the sake of support.
- Updated all my Arm9LoaderHax systems to boot9streap
- Obtained a NES Classic! Yes, this alone get its own mention and is an achievement by itself.
- Modded with HakChi, tweaked settings, added new games.
Probably some more stuff I'm missing, we've been down for a while.
3DS - Learned Arm9Loader hack, then moved up to boot9strap mod on a few machines (not banned yet - maybe.)
PSX - Learned to flash modchips and build DIP8 boards & SMD eeproms, including full stealth mod on SCPH-1001.
SNES - Reproduction cart creation [Terranigma, Shin Megami Tensei, Seiken Densetsu 3, etc], including maskrom rewires, SMD level soldering, and eeprom flashing. (Custom label creation is next.)
NES - Reproduction cart creation.
Sega Saturn - PseudoKai on Gameshark / Action Replay.
Xbox (Original) - TSOP BIOS Mod / Refined SATA drive creation and streamlined FTP process. Still refining XBMC / Emulators.
I think I may have forgotten something in there...
What are you planning to do to finish it? Paint? Artwork?
PS2: FMCB, POPS, and OPL, and bought an internal HDD without realizing I didn't have a network adapter to use it =/
Wii: USBLoaderGX set to launch with PriiLoader, Nintendont, and a bunch of patched cIOS's to get USBLoader to work properly
Just a few softmods, but it's the first thing I've done with modding consoles =P
Excellent! Can you point me in the direction of the mod you used? I can assemble the board myself.
Sure thing, all the documentation is here: https://github.com/ikorb/gcvideo/blob/master/HDL/gcvideo_dvi/README-Wii.md
Got a 3D printer:
Made a tiny arcade machine for raspberry pi (21cm height, 5" inches HDMI screen, full a/v output, internal mono sound with jack sense, etc.). Still waiting for the lasercut parts to dress and finish this puppy
Also, trying to make the dual crystal mod for the Genesis whitout success. Have a lot of issue on svideo/composite output. Still didn't have time to debug it.
Installed a NESRGB into a famicom.
Installed mod chips in a ps1 and psone.
Diy cables for famicom and mega drive.
Modded my Saturn cable to output C-sync.
Softmodded and flashed an xbox. Waiting for the S-ata adapter to upgrade the HDD
Also RGB modded two JVC pro monitors.
Finally did put in Ferroelectric ram in my Saturn so it keeps it saves without batteries.
Also Gdemu and Phoebe.
Separate names with a comma.