NOTICE Moderator applications now open

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, Oct 19, 2017.

1. ASSEMblergames_Admin

ASSEMblergames_Admin Administrator

New moderator positions are available:

Qualifications:

Must be willing and able to check the site for violations.
    Capable of remaining impartial and enforcing the site rules regardless of the poster.
    Must be of even temperament, tolerant of new users, and be willing to answer questions.

How to apply:

Forum Name.
    Reason for wanting to become a moderator in no less than 50 words.
    Any references or endorsements

You will be placed on a 30/90/180 day trial basis with growing powers of moderation,
    and will be considered for full permanent position after a year.

Applications only, please. Discussion of process is here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
  2. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Alright.

Forum name: Bramsworth
    Reason for applying: To put it simply, I've been here for over 10 years and would love to be a part of its future growth. This has always been the first place that comes to mind when I have something to contribute and is deeply rooted in my whole interest in the obscure. I visit this site every day as well, so I'm prepared to make it a more full-time commitment.
    Refs/Endorsements: I'm not sure how to go about getting people's references, but I've made numerous prototype contributions to the general community throughout the years (Aladdin CES proto for Genesis was one of the more recent ones).

I don't know what further to give for references, but I hope that provides enough to give me a chance. Thanks.

f2bnp, ma777, -=FamilyGuy=- and 13 others like this.
  3. port187

port187 Serial Chiller

Forum name: Port187
    Reason for applying: I would like to see this community flourish and grow, basically contributing my time and knowledge to maintain growth of our community. I have made my hobby's my work all my life, so this would fit in the same way.
    Refs/Endorsements: I have been a member for over 10 years, i am online everyday, I stay away from and can't stand drama's or unfair situations while trying staying neutral as much as possible when I do get caught up. I am known to be very patience, I ran a forum privately for many years, so I know the pain that comes with it. I only try to post to contribute.

[MOD NOTE: retracted]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    spongeonfire, uyjulian, JB94 and 9 others like this.
  4. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Forum name: Bad_Ad84
    Reason for applying: I think I would make a positive addition to the team, I am around pretty much everyday - look at the post count. While I can be opinionated - you already have staff that fit this too. But anyone who has done business with me knows I am fair and trustworthy. Business/work/moderation is different from talking on a forum and I am well aware to act accordingly.
    Refs/Endorsements: I was an admin of SBhacker, I was a mod of wiihacks, I helped build hacksden for a group of staff that split from wiihacks. I would think my word around here is also pretty good by now too.

5. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Forum name: MBMM
    Reason for applying: I've been pretty active on the site since I joined 4 years ago. I have rapport with the community, I'm very familiar with the rules and I know how to enforce them. I'm impartial, logical, helpful and supportive. People on here recognize me just by my posts, I refrain from using profanity and I enjoy the site quite a bit. I'm a quick learner as well in case anything new comes to light. What better way to help a community you enjoy.
    Refs/Endorsements: @HEX1GON can vouch for me. I've also been cordial with multiple other moderators. Most users and mods recognize me.
    [MOD NOTE: still interested March 2018]

6. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

Forum name: takeshi385
    Reason for applying: I have been around for for a few years. I’ve seen many of the well known dramas(raylid, gmanwillis, etc)that have happened in the community, and with each instance I have grown as a user. For some time now I have begun to stay out of it and watch each incident from the bleachers. I have spent most of my time here in the modding sub forum learning and better my skills. I have certainly tried to give to the pool of information we have built on repairing and modding. When the occasion arised I would do my best to help other users with their issues. In all my time here I have never taken a hiatus. Furthermore even if I don’t post as much as I used to, I am still here.
    Refs/endorsements: Many of the people I would use for reference are currently trying to become moderators themselves.

Taijigamer2, notataco64 and port187 like this.
  7. modrobert

modrobert Rising Member

Forum name: modrobert
    Reason for applying: With me as a moderator no action will be taken, totally forgiving, will clean up spam if found.
    Refs/endorements: None.

[MOD NOTE: does not qualify - reason not long enough]

8. GoodTofuFriday

GoodTofuFriday Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

Forum name: GoodTofuFriday

Reason for applying: I enjoyed AG the way it was prior to 2017 and would like to see it return to that state. There are many periods of down time at my job so being present even during the day (USA) is possible for me. This site is a treasure trove of information and I want to see it continue on that way. I also believe I'm well qualified for mod position for reasons stated below.

Refs/Endorsements: I've been a member for 4 years, but a lurker for years prior. I am an IT Admin for a large company and I manage large groups of people with budding heads daily, sometimes entire smaller companies. Being able to display temperament and being non-partial is a part of the job. I also worked with children for a time, so I'd be able to deal with the much younger members here in an understanding capacity. I additionally Negotiate contracts and run a small ebay page, so the market place is another area I can handle. I run my companies website, so I may be able to help with site features here as well. I'm not a famous member, but I do know a small niche of people well, especially ones the frequented the former shoutbox.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
  9. theps1master

theps1master Robust Member

theps1master
    why? i may not have been here longer than any of the other candidates but go on this site regularly and am open to helping others and new members as others helped me when i initially joined
    references erm 1 if you count myself:p

[MOD NOTE: does not qualify - reason not long enough]

10. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Forum name: -=FamilyGuy=-

Reason for applying: I really like this place. I've been a member for over 10 years, back when I was still a teenager, and it has played a big part in fueling my will to learn and tinker with everything. I can honestly say I wouldn't have half of my programming, computer, and soldering skills without AG. I also basically learned English here. I think I can now give back to this wonderful forum and help alleviate the work of the admin team by being part of the staff. I can't promise to log in everyday, because of real life, but certainly multiple times per week. If moderating a subforum is a possibility, I'd feel at home in the Dreamcast one!

Refs/Endorsements: I think a review of my posting here will show that I'm a friendly, helpful and polite member. As for recommendations from members, I've done business with @Bad_Ad84 and @Helder and had good experiences, I think they would concur. I also worked on projects with a bunch of users who can also vouch for my honesty and trustfulness, namely @drx , @wombat, @Woofmute, @AtomizerZero, @Laurent, @SiZiOUS, @ZakhooiTM, @LeGIt, @Dot50Cal, and the man himself, @ASSEMbler_archived.

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  11. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

Forum name: Skavenger216

Reason for applying: I have been a member here for almost 10 years, and truly love this forum. Even when im not actively posting, im still browsing and reading up on stuff quite regularly. This forum has given me tons of info and entertainment over the past 10 years, and I would like to try to contribute back to it in some way other than donating towards operation costs (which I have also done in the past!)

Refs/Endorsements: Any members here that have interacted with me hopefully will have nothing but positive things to say, and glancing at my post history shows im nothing but a supportive, trustworthy and helpful member. I have a pretty solid knowledge of most video games from all eras, and am also a pretty decent speedrunner (I currently have, and have held, multiple speedrun World Records, including some games such as Blaster Master, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, and some others, and I have also done runs for the Games Done Quick charity marathons.)

12. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

Forum Name: Pinta77

Reason for wanting to become a moderator:
    This site is cool. I just recently signed up because I kept finding the site when I search for stuff I’m interested in. I just like obscure game stuff and that’s really my reason.

I do have a very even temperament I believe, I’m patient with people, and know how to get a point across respectfully.

If I were a moderator on this forum, I would want to be one that not only goes about moderator duties, but participates with the community, which is something I believe is often lacking.

No drama, no trouble.

Any references: no, sorry

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  13. FaZyCrUcK

FaZyCrUcK Spirited Member

Forum name: fazycruck

Reason I want to become a moderator:

I've been a member for 13 years, probably one of the longest. Never caused any trouble, and have seen the site change over this time in so many ways, and always hugely appreciated everything it has offered.
    I don't post much, but that's more due to me not being as technically skilled as many on the site. I'm very much about neatness, and I'd prefer to see the place filled with useful informative posts as opposed to short meaningless messages that only serve as filler posts.

References:
    Nothing here for a very long time.. However, I'm in charge of over 5000 people in a massive production plant. Rules and discipline is something I am not shy towards - and I strive for perfection.

I'm able to put time in most evenings in order to help keep the site going, and hopefully get it back to a trustworthy and happy atmosphere again.
    I'd also love to see some form of museum reopen, and that's something I'd be happy to contribute a lot towards.

Thanks for considering.

14. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Retracted

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Taijigamer2 likes this.