Site Feedback Moderation application discussion

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by modrobert, Oct 20, 2017.

1. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

Same here, just don't make me apply/"beg" for it. As I mentioned before (I think), I don't see it as a privilege, rather something akin to, say, jury duty.

edit: Seeing how yet another mod just stepped down: The "alleviat(ing) the presure of work for other mods" bit, to me, is assuming at least one of the current mods is still around. So, Kev, if you manage to lose all of them (there's still a couple to go, we'll see), consider me out too.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Jord9622, Bad_Ad84 and retro like this.
  2. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Good analogy!

Jord9622, karsten and -=FamilyGuy=- like this.
  3. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

I also would like to still be considered. If I have to resubmit anything then please let me know. Thanks!

4. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

Retract mine from the pool of applications.
    I no longer have any desire to be a mod.

5. retro

Don't forget the thread for applying was over here. You need to post there to be considered!

I have updated the thread linked above to show retractions and those still interested.

@Bramsworth @port187 @GoodTofuFriday @-=FamilyGuy=- @skavenger216 - if you are still interested, please reply in this thread below. A moderator can then alter your post accordingly to show you are still interested. Thanks!

@CodeAsm @rso - take your time deciding, no rush. If you decide you'd like to be moderators, please post in the other thread, following the "rules" of the thread. Thanks!

Everyone else - please keep the other thread for applications only. If you want to comment on someone applying, do it in this thread. Feel free to like their application if you approve, though! Thanks.

6. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

For what it's worth, I'm still interested.

With how many people are leaving I'm assuming the requirements in the mod application OP are going to need to be extended to also include those with technical knowledge who can take care of issues that go beyond just moderating posts.

7. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Well we need normal mods, as well as admins.

8. Mystical

Mystical Resolute Member

I seriously doubt that will happen, if you read some of the other threads it appears Kev thinks that he is the only one with the know-how to update XenForo and install updates, as if its some kind of magic super power only certain people are capable of, plus he is hardly a guru himself based on the amount of help he has required over the years from people and how long it takes him to actually apply them.

He will most likely just want more normal moderators that can clean up all the crap on the site and do the minion work.
    Personally based on how he has treated the current mods (i.e. complete disrespect) I am amazed anyone is actually thinking of applying for these positions.

9. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

> I am amazed anyone is actually thinking of applying for these positions.
    Weeeell... It's worth a shot trying to salvage what's left, and if things do get too shitty, one can always just step back down. There's plenty of statements to that effect around to copy from...

FaZyCrUcK and Taijigamer2 like this.
  10. Taijigamer2

Taijigamer2 Gutsy Member

I'm amazed too. Having read all the previous threads and 'deleted' threads, I think this ship has sailed. Had admin rights been transferred to @retro in the first place, it would have never come to this. Sad :(

11. Mystical

Mystical Resolute Member

Thats a fair point but I would look at it like if you were waiting for a Job Interview and as your waiting to go in, you hear your potential new boss screaming and shouting as his secretary and other workers, calling them useless and saying nothing they do is ever right because its not done the way he wants it (even if he is wrong as doesnt understand it himself) - would you really want the job?

CodeAsm and Taijigamer2 like this.
  12. Droid III

Droid III Rising Member

lol, so true. There's enough talent in this community to write an entire new forum engine and set it up on a host that costs a fraction of what Kevin pays, let alone fix the emails which have been broken since forever.

Pinta77, Mystical and Taijigamer2 like this.
  13. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

Yup make sure to.copy those statements after 10+ years of service.

Sure I would not choose one saying that as a mod if it was up to myself.

CodeAsm likes this.
  14. port187

port187 Serial Chiller

Please regard my application retracted.

jakeeeenator and N!NJA like this.
  15. retro

Edited original post, and moved this here to keep the main thread "friendly" should anyone want to apply ;)

16. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

@retro Ill think bout it some more. The analogies some ppl made here are kinda or even spot on.

retro likes this.
  17. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone, applications are being considered. The site needs a break to let the drama settle and then we'll pick new mods.

james2452, CodeAsm and Blur2040 like this.
  18. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

I'm still interested, and my apologies for the late response... Been out of town for the past 2 weeks and didn't have internet access where I was.