Site Feedback Moderation application discussion

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by modrobert, Oct 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka Staff Member

Really?

Honestly I do not think we mods are being oppressive, and honestly I think it was weeks since last public work of admin.

Aren't you exaggerating?

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  2. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

I mean, I haven't really seen oppression. I think I'm going about this whole change thing differently though. I kinda figured the day would come. I've always had a lot of respect for the mods here and I still do.

3. retro

retro Moderator Staff Member

Admin is an administrator, not a moderator.

So much for being "very sorry" about the things you said, eh? Now you have your account back, you seem to be slipping back towards insulting staff.

4. mairsil

mairsil Officer at Arms

Could we not keep doing this? It's clear that some of the staff (Karsten, I'm definitely looking at you) don't see a problem. Others do. Obviously, nothing is changing, but "admin" has abandoned the place/toned it down lately, so everyone needs to move on.

MBMM likes this.
  5. GoodTofuFriday

GoodTofuFriday Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

During the few days that Admin was doing his/her thing I would have agree with the word "oppressive". Strict adherence to next day changes are usually labeled as such in the Political world scope.

But with the mia/background stance the account has taken, things at least seem to be calmer. That or everyone is afraid to banned from a slip-up that used to be accepted.

AUSTIN PEYTON, rso and DeChief like this.
  6. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

For the record...

None of the staff have an issue, what the staff have an issue with is receiving most of the BS from everyone else. We don't control the forum, or have a say in which direction it goes. We're simply trying our best to answer questions and enforce the new rules or whatever we're instructed to do.

All this doesn't mean we agree with what it is, just doing our 'job'.

7. MoonTar

MoonTar Site Supporter 2014

Pretty much. The mods for the most part I have no problem with at all. You guys are just doing your best in the situation. It is just the new mysterious Admin and the background team that most people have the problem with.

I don't think the whole way the forum team is split now is even fair. There is the mystery Admin team and then the mod team BUT the Admin team said itself "The moderators will be running the site." So the ones actually running the site and taking all of the crap from everyone is not getting paid but the Admin team in the background doing maintenance is getting paid. I know some might say "well you can't pay every mod there are too many" but we don't know how many are on the Admin team either, could be the same amount of people. Maybe I am the only one bothered by this and none of the mods care. Could definitely be the case.

Also, what is even the name of this "management company"? I can't even find a single business/company online that even offers forum maintenance as a service. Obviously I have no clue who Assembler handed the keys to but if there is no evidence of a "team" in the background it could mean a single person is lying and getting paid posing as a "team" of people while the mods "running the site" get nothing. I know that is a big accusation but it could be cleared up and proven wrong easily if AT LEAST the company is named.

8. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Life is way too short.

MBMM and -=FamilyGuy=- like this.
  9. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka Staff Member

As others said, we Mods too are on the edge. We know some, not all.
    We can do some other and have no clue about other things.

We're keeping things rolling the best as possible.

Oh and i honestly do see the problem. I'm patiently waiting for some things that are hanging to unravel; like the other mods here. We DID had some "contrasting" directions/orders/future views given to us so we basically tied up together and made the decision to keep things rolling as best as possible with the current informations we have.

Yes there was tension and disappointements. We are holding on and waiting. With faith and hope. I do not think all the older users and mods panicking or dropping out would make a good and reassuring show, right?

Johnny likes this.
  10. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

If that's true, then this can't be true: "The moderators will be running the site." That's what the Admin said in this thread: https://assemblergames.com/threads/who-will-be-running-the-site-question.67162/

Those statements are saying completely opposite things, aren't they?

The secrecy of the Admin so far is confusing. People want to know what the future of the forum is and what direction it's heading in, and the official answer is: "Blah." Nothing. How can this be seen as a good thing? When people are already concerned, refusal to answer simple questions like that isn't reassuring.

That last paragraph is not addressed to anyone in particular. Just a general observation.

rso and Bad_Ad84 like this.
  11. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

Running and controlling (making decisions) are different.

rso and GoodTofuFriday like this.
  12. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Robust Member

I can't think of a reason why someone would get *permanently* banned for saying "k kev"
    It seems so pointless. I just don't know anymore.

rso and GoodTofuFriday like this.