Site Feedback Moderation application discussion

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by modrobert, Oct 20, 2017.

1. modrobert

modrobert Rising Member

I'm voting for rso as a moderator, perfect for the job based on tagline alone.

2. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

[Edited by XS]

Removed for sanity’s sake. The site is dead.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  3. Gamer Alex (AlexKVideos1)

Gamer Alex (AlexKVideos1) Active Member

How not to be taken seriously, Step 1.

4. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

Zero fucks given noob

Jei, AUSTIN PEYTON, DeChief and 6 others like this.
  5. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I was going to apply but I already see a few people who posted that would make great mods.

skyway1985 likes this.
  6. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

Somehow I don't see many of regulars... then think about this isn't for just anyone since a lot of dedication is expected and required.

Good luck to you all

7. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

And there goes the "levedheadedness"..

8. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

As well as the "tolerant of new users" requirement. Wasn't he being considered for XBOX subforum mod at some point? Guess there's (one of) the reason(s) why he isn't.

this, and I'm not sure how I feel about the position being advertised as more of a privilege than a duty either. (or maybe I'm just getting the wrong vibe?)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Half Mile Ride likes this.
  9. gaming247

gaming247 Site Supporter 2015

I got that impression too. It's a lot of work for zero pay, you've got to love the site and the scene. It shouldn't be treated as a reward under constant threat of being lost.

This free service provided by what I would hope are long standing and respected members of the community, should be supported and thanked. A good admin/management team can "de-mod" people as needed at any time regardless of an arbitrary "probation period". However, the new admin/ management should also show appreciation for the work done by the existing and oncoming staff.

Perhaps this is the cost of using a third party admin rather than someone familiar with our hobby.

10. ASSEMblergames_Admin

ASSEMblergames_Admin Administrator

A warning has been issued for violation of Rule #1.

1. Respect others or be quarantined. Warnings are followed by restriction.

_XBOX_, Rocky and XboxSurgeon like this.
  11. Gamer Alex (AlexKVideos1)

When a joke becomes real.

AUSTIN PEYTON and XboxSurgeon like this.
  12. AtomizerZero

AtomizerZero Intrepid Member

So, exerting your power as Admin and publicly announcing a warning given to a member of the forum all in one post. :rolleyes: Great way to gain respect, especially considering you're just an enigma at this point. It's no wonder hardly anyone has signed up for Mod status.

13. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

Punish one to teach 1000s :D

MBMM and americandad like this.
  14. americandad

Are you kidding? He was out of line and got what he deserved. Nothing personal, XboxSurgeon. And, the publicity has a very good, immediate, effect on others. Like karsten said:

15. GoodTofuFriday

GoodTofuFriday Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

I hole heartedly disagree. AG is not the public stocks of the middle ages for throwing tomatoes it. Nor are (most of us) children here who need to be publicly reprimanded.
    Warning should be conducted in private.

If anything then, this gameralex should also recieve a warning for an incitful comment that provokes and adds nothing to the discussion of this thread.

16. Gamer Alex (AlexKVideos1)

I agree that my comments on here are off topic, but I had said that because being an admin on other community, you can't always joke around, especially since he wants to be a moderator. This wasn't the thread for him to insert jokes into a serious application. Of course I called him out on it, and he returned again with a another joke. I wasn't offended by it, I found it a funny response, but again this isn't the place to joke around like that. Admin takes things very seriously, and XboxSurgeon is pushing his luck.

17. americandad

Back on topic: I think bramwsworth is the more balanced individual. bad ad is certainly very knowledgeable but, like he said, "opinionated". I'd say that he's stubborn and, on occasion, hotheaded. No offence intended.

18. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

I wouldn't say hot headed. I don't think anyone has ever bothered me enough to even give it a second thought once I wasn't posting. I've never been made angry by a post on a website by people I've never even met. I genuinely don't care that much, if it comes across different - its being interpreted wrong.

All I care about that technical information is accurate. Ideally this should be put online by people who understand what they are saying. But if not, then people who will accept being corrected. The issue comes up when people post about things they have no clue about and defend to the death with no technical backing.

If you knew me in real life, you certainly wouldn't think I'm hot headed. I don't think I've ever been described that way lol. It's usually that I'm too laid back and don't care about anything.

Jei, Jord9622, CodeAsm and 4 others like this.
  19. americandad

I'm stubborn too, nothing wrong with that, but I'm not applying for mod.
    I seem to remember you calling me stupid and dumb repeatedly for not agreeing with you.
    Maybe I was stupid or dumb, but it's inappropriate to say these things.
    Especially in public and even more so if you're planning on being a mod.

20. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Am I supposed to behave in a certain way for a position that doesn't exist at all times, for years, that may or may not happen?

Or say that if I were accepted for this position, I'm aware my posting may need more of a "friendliness filter" in future?

Maybe some of my previous posts arent suitable from a moderator. But I wasn't a moderator. This was acknowledged in my post though.

But even if I'm deemed unacceptable, it's not a big deal. It's a thankless task and I'm only offering to help do my part this place sticks around. I like it here and the people, even if I do have disagreements at times. I still do business with plenty of people I've had disagreements with. I have disagreements with my missus, but we don't hate each other over it. I don't hate anyone here either in much the same way.

Edit:
    Also, I don't think I would have called you dumb or stupid. I could have said you don't know what you are talking about, but that's not really the same thing as it's highly dependent on the topic being discussed. But see above about the "moderator friendliness filter"

Oh and I wouldn't worry, it's highly unlikely I would be accepted. Consider it more showing that I care enough about this place to want to do it.

Jord9622 and rso like this.