Modchipped Xbox Original Video Tint

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by cpenny1, Jun 17, 2017.

1. cpenny1

cpenny1 Member

First of welcome back AssemblerGames, been missing lurking this website. Hey everyone, last month i picked up a xecuter 2.6 modded xbox for a cheap price. The last problem i have is i am getting a weird tint colour being displayed on the tv. The tint would be everywhere, in every game etc. I am using cheap component cables but they have been tested on my softmodded xbox and it displays fine. I found my normal composite av cable and connected it to my modchipped xbox and it displays fine. The tint has gone. Here is a link http://imgur.com/a/LZkfr There are pictures of my softmodded xbox with the hd cable and my modchipped one. I have read somewhere that it can be something to do with the bios. I also flashed my bios via the Slayers evox installer. Any help would be appreciated.

2. bcfosheezy

bcfosheezy OGXbox.com

You're probably going to disagree, and waste a lot of time troubleshooting everything else... but it's the cables. (I only say that because everyone else seems to. We DO NOT get to choose where the trouble is. We just have to find it and fix it. Keep that in mind.)
    We had a member over on ogxbox.com have the same issue. He tried everything and then got a legitimate set of component cables. The trouble went straight away.
    So why does it work on the softmodded console? It could be that the cables are moved in just the right way when connected to it. It could be that there is more or less interference with the cables in the different location. It could be a few different things acting on the cables, but the end result is the same. You need some quality cables.

3. cpenny1

cpenny1 Member

Ok then, but its just confusing on how the cable works for the softmodded xbox. Oh well, cheers for the help and clarification. What would be the recommended price for the xbox cable?

4. cpenny1

cpenny1 Member

Found out it could be a vga bios on my xbox

5. Rocky5

Rocky5 Site Supporter 2015

Just use Hexen 2017 and flash the M8Plus bios to your chip and be done with it.

6. cpenny1

cpenny1 Member

I used Slayers 2.7 installer and flashed the m8plus bios and it still didnt fix it. Earlier i just flashed the X2_5035_V16plus and it still didnt fix it. Just want to get this sorted out.

7. bcfosheezy

bcfosheezy OGXbox.com

I addressed that in my initial response to you. It's the cables.

8. Rocky5

Rocky5 Site Supporter 2015

Then it could be the port or the Xbox has been damaged. Try another video cable on it and see if the colours are washed out or not.

9. billcosbymon

billcosbymon Guru Meditation Error

AS bcfosheezy said, It's the cables. Buy some official cables before they get too expensive. They're already around 50 bucks now.

10. cpenny1

cpenny1 Member

I just dont have the money at the moment to spend on an official cable. What i dont understand is that my cheap component cables do work with my softmodded xbox (with like lines of white flashing, probably interference due to cheapo) but when i try it on this modded xbox its like a colour doesnt go through. When i tried the normal composite cable with my modded xbox, the colours are their, they are not washed out. I might just buy a new cheap cable and if that does not work, then i will just stop trying with this modded xbox and keep to my softmodded.

11. NeC5552

NeC5552 All your skullz are belong to us.

There's the alternative to DIY HD Xbox component cables.

I'd do it myself if I had an spare Composite cable and some 360 component cables.

12. bcfosheezy

bcfosheezy OGXbox.com

They can be had for cheap. You just need to watch ebay for an xbox that has them. The whole works will be 50.00. OR you can buy the cables themselves for 50.00. EVERYONE that buys these cheap cables experiences what you do. EVERYONE wants it to not be the cables... but it always is. I could go down the list of possibilities of why you get more or different interference with one xbox vs another... but it just doesn't matter. The cables are the problem.

13. KaosEngineer

KaosEngineer Robust Member

Try cleaning the contacts inside the A/V connector on the back of the Xecuter modded console with either electronic contact cleaner (e.g., Deoxit D5, D100, CRC QD contact cleaner) or 91% isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swap. The component cable may not be making a good connection on one Xbox's A/V connector compared to the other.

shows the differences between various contact cleaner products mentioned above