[MOD] Aladdin XBlast

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by bennydiamond, Dec 29, 2014.

1. keropi

keropi Familiar Face

I want to try that on some alladinxt's I have , where do you download ISPVM from? is it part of a bigger package?

2. KaosEngineer

KaosEngineer Robust Member

It's part of ispLEVER which requires creating an account at latticesemi to download or try

hxxp://files.latticesemi.com/ispVM/ispVMSystemV18.1.1.zip (edit uri protocol - hxxp to h??p)
    (31.5MB - MD5: 5EB9BEFB00F0BD802F08AE21C81A4375).

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    keropi likes this.
  3. keropi

keropi Familiar Face

thanks KaosEngineer it worked for me

KaosEngineer likes this.
  4. Leang

Leang king solomon's Angkor Temple

we can not download these.

5. KaosEngineer

You have to follow the instructions 4 it to work - edit uri protocol - change hxxp to h??p.

6. Leang

Leang king solomon's Angkor Temple

hxxp://files.latticesemi.com/ispvm/18.1/ispVMSystem18.1.exe (edit uri protocol)
    (32.1MB - MD5: 9AC0F79EC6F04D9C849BF11A2428F45B)

I can not download this one because I change the uri to http. please check this picture?
    I can download the other link.

Attached Files:

7. KaosEngineer

Yes, looks like Lattice removed the older 18.1 version but left the newer 18.1.1 release. It seems to be the entire package not just an update to the previous version.

8. Marmotta

Marmotta Dauntless Member

I've been trying all afternoon to program my Aladdin with this very setup. As you said, on Windows it stops at 49%, but when I tried in Ubuntu I get a Segmentation fault at the same stage (cable and detect commands work fine). I also can't for the life of me get libftdi drivers working in Windows or libftd2xxx working in Linux to try them out.

I've ordered an all-singing-all-dancing programmer which should work with both chips, but I was hoping to get my Xbox sorted over the weekend (got a messed-up TSOP I wanted to chip with a 512k bios). Any pointers on maybe getting it working in Ubuntu?

9. Difio

Difio Member

If I remember right, the way I've got it working under ubuntu was to compile myself urJTAG from source (and maybe also libftdi) and then install. I remember that in this way I found something that were missing and caused all the issues. Let me now if you manage to solve your problem.

10. Marmotta

I'll make a clean install of Ubuntu and try doing that, as I was just using apt-get install for everything.

11. Marmotta

Success! A few hiccups compiling the urjtag source, but got there in the end. The libftdi source didn't have a configure file, so I just installed it with apt-get. That's easily the most work I've done in Linux and as much as I think I'd ever be inclined to do. Now onto programming the 49FL080A, which should be a lot easier given I have a dedicated programmer which should handle it.

[​IMG]

bennydiamond likes this.
  12. Marmotta

Balls, my console is still FRAGing even though the programming of the two chips seemed to go smoothly. I've connected the D0 point on the underside of the motherboard to that on the Aladdin and placed the XBlast files on my C:\ partition. Is the code on the Aladdin looking to boot Xblast OS.xbe from a certain location on the hard drive?

I've checked a stock Aladdin on the console and it boots fine, so it's not an issue with the pin header or anything like that.

13. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

How did you program the new 49FL080A? The xblast OS needs to be programmed offset (it's not in the start of the chip)

14. Marmotta

This is how I set it on my programmer (SmartPRO 5000U+) after reading the first post

[​IMG]

15. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Your start address should be the one you put in the end address. What you have setup is still writing from the start of the chip.

Try this, no need to offset as it's the full chip

Attached Files:

16. Marmotta

Thanks, that was a silly mistake on my part; I just copied the image from the first post, assuming the MiniPro and SmartPro would have the same information fields. Everything appears to be working fine now - have successfully flashed and booted a 512k X2 bios.

Only thing I'm having a slight issue with still is that although the 512k bank is flashed and it's set to boot from a power button press in the XBlast OS menu, the console will still boot to XBlast OS regardless. I know I can ground HD on the Aladdin to force it to boot the 512k bank, but I'd rather still have the option of booting to XBlast OS with the eject button.

17. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

If you used my full chip bin, try updating xblast. I think that dump is a few versions behind

18. Marmotta

Got it working fine now, not sure what the issue was before. Great mod overall for the £1.90 a 49LF080 costs.

19. mmz16x

mmz16x Spirited Member

Hello where do I order the XBlast from?

20. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

I sell upgraded aladdins