[MOD] Aladdin XBlast

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by bennydiamond, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Razor

Razor Active Member

hey guys i need some help, i have a Aladdin XT PLUS2 modchip and i have a brand new SST49LF080A flash chip and im even willing to buy a cheap lattice programmer from somewhere but if im reading this correct i also need a programmer for the SST49LF080A right?
    i have a G540 programmer and a plcc32 to dip32 adapter socket the only problem is the software for it only seems to go upto a SST49LF040A or SST49LF040B when i go down the list.
    i dont have much money right now since im not working so do you guys have any suggestions of what to do thanks.

ive included the G540 device list if that helps.

Attached Files:

2. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

I sell them preupgraded, probably cheaper than buying all the stuff.

I would offer to flash your chip, but by the time you pay 2x shipping - probably easier to just buy the chip instead (unless you live in the UK, in which case its probably economical)

3. Razor

Razor Active Member

i do live in the uk actually what sort of prices we talking?
    im not against buying another modchip thats ready to go with 1mb flash so i can use the lcd since i have multiple xboxs anyway.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  4. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

preflashed are £15 + shipping (£2 in the uk), so £17 total.

If you want to ship me your chip, I will flash it free as a one off. Just pay shipping both ways

5. Razor

Razor Active Member

ok i will take a preflashed modchip from you thats setup with the 1mb bios ready to use with an lcd this friday if thats alright, and i will get the details from you then.

6. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Xblast aladdins dont support lcds. Maybe you misread?

7. Razor

Razor Active Member

by xblast aladdins you mean the Aladdin XT PLUS2?

8. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Yes, once upgraded.

9. Razor

Razor Active Member

i have a Aladdin XT PLUS2 and if it doesnt support the lcd after upgrading to 1mb bios and reflashing it why does it still have the lcd pins and whats the point upgrading?
    im just curious since i was under the impression you upgraded it so it supported the lcd.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  10. bennydiamond

bennydiamond Gutsy Member

Those Aladdin XT PLUS2 are clones of real Aladdin XTs. My guess is the PCB was made to look like real Aladdin XTs but they aren't. If you look closely, you'll see most of the solder pads normally dedicated to the LCD connections are not even connected to any pins of the CPLD on those boards! If you want a modchip with LCD support, you should get a XBlast Lite or find any other modchips that support LCDs like Xecuter 3, SmartXX, Xenium and of course real Aladdin XT with a 4064 CPLD.

Those cheap aladdin XTs come with a 4032 CPLD which does not have enough macrocells to support driving a LCD while serving also as a modchip. Adding XBlast OS support was barely possible on those. This gives you a full embedded OS experience like higher end modchips such as SmartXX or again, XBlast Lite.

11. Razor

Razor Active Member

do you know anywhere that even sells any of those anymore?
    its a shame i have a xbox motherboard off years ago with a Xecuter 3 modchip on it but i think its broken or bricked because it doesnt seem to work anymore (the modchip that is) i wonder if theres a way to maybe reflash it and see if i can bring life back to it :D

12. KaosEngineer

KaosEngineer Robust Member

NO! All I've seen are the 4032 variety clones.

Depends what the X3's doing? Does it light up, etc. Is the bank switch panel connected, does the X3 logo turn red or blue?

13. KaosEngineer

Looks like it doesn't support the 1MB (8Mbit) flash from SST. You need the USB TL866CS universal programmer with PLCC32 adapter.

SST49LF008A @TSOP32 SST49LF080 @PLCC32
    SST49LF008A @TSOP40 SST49LF080 @TSOP32
    SST49LF008C @PLCC32 SST49LF080A @PLCC32
    SST49LF080A @TSOP32

14. bennydiamond

I sell XBlast Lite modchips. For any other types, you'll have to search around for anyone willing to sell you one.

I would be interested in a trade for your Xecuter 3 if you've got a complete kit(modchip, switch board, power/eject PCB and all the wire harnesses). I've been willing to find a broken one for some time now. I plan on trying to reverse this sucker to maybe someday be able to clone those Xecuter 3! I don't want to risk destroying a working one so a broken one would be ideal for me.

I suggest you try to resurrect the one you have before jumping on my offer though. A working Xecuter 3 is worth more than a XBlast Lite that's for sure. If it's indeed dead or you just don't want to mess with it, I'd be happy to arrange a trade.

Have you tried booting your X3 in recovery mode? From an OFF state, power ON your Xbox by pressing simultaneously power and eject button. The LED on the X3 switch board should turn pink/purple and you should boot into flashBIOS. Flash a X3 BIOS from there. Use Network flash and follow the instructions.

15. Nwillia9

Nwillia9 Newly Registered

How much for an xblast lite? My xbox had a failed hdd and it was never modded prior . I'm trying to resurrect it now. I have aladdin xt mod chip installed and working. I am trying to flash the tsop with a modchip installed. I don't want to use a mod chip as the Aladdin long term doesn't seem reliable enough I'm.

16. KaosEngineer

IIRC, they were $48.50 + S&H. Bitcoin payment. PM bennydiamond for current price, payment method(s) and availability.

17. modrobert

modrobert Rising Member

[​IMG]
    Photo of Aladdin XT 4064.

Aladdin XT 4064 (aka xenoFX) and XT 4032 were originally released by Xeno Team back in 2004. The board (PCB) used for both of these models were the same, which confuses people these days when only clones of AXT 4032 using the same board are available, LCD footprint is still there for POT and pinout, etc, but no functionality to support it.

The Lattice LC4064 CPLD code is indeed different for AXT 4064, compared to AXT 4032 which features a Lattice LC4032 CPLD.

I have this chart from launch day which explains it a bit better.

[​IMG]

For more info, check the release story here:
    http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=588

...and sample AXT 4064 install here:
    http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&topic=789&forum=73#2843

The original producer of Aladdin XT (aka xenoFX) is a friend of mine, if there is interest which could potentially generate sales of more than 500pcs I can ask him to produce AXT 4064 again, or maybe he can release the CPLD code for it open source.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    bennydiamond likes this.
  18. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

I could do a run of them, but I doubt you are going to get anywhere near 500 sales.

I dont think I have sold that many in all the years I have been selling here. There probably would be more interest in them with LCD support, but the xblast by benny supports LCDs too and I dont think hes anywhere near 500 sales either.

Open source would be good, if hes willing.

19. KaosEngineer

The Aladdin XT plus 2 clones available from AliExpress do not have the LCD pads connected to the CPLD chip they are just for show. Swapping out the LC4032 with a properly pre-programmed LC4064 isn't going to work on them. Would be interested in obtaining a xenoFX AXT4064 with LCD support but not 500 qty.

Softmod and TSOP are the way most people mod their original Xbox anymore. Cheap!

20. bennydiamond

Nowhere near that indeed. However, with a 500 units batch production, I suppose the price of the a 4064 unit would be significantly lower than a XBlast Lite. It could be more popular but maybe not enough to sell all 500 units.

Open sourcing would be great. It would give people who just want LCD support something to work with.