MIL-CD (Legitimate Music) Exploration and Research. Need your help!

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by Mrneo240, May 9, 2018.

1. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

For me is one way to understand this piece of software that brought so much trouble to Sega :) I was always really curious about it.

Anthony817 likes this.
  2. LuizNai

LuizNai Robust Member

I think its nice to see something that was official and obscure being explored more!

Anthony817 and darcagn like this.
  3. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Um, yeah not in 1998 when the system came out in Japan lol...

I for one am interested because I am a tinkerer, and like to mess with stuff just becasue I can. Sure, I can do all sorts of stuff BETTER on my modded OG Xbox, Jailbroke PS3, or my custom gaming PC, but to see the stuff running on the DC like this is fucking amazing. I think I speak for many of us here, that the Dreamcast is almost religious for all of us here. Fuck, I mean I am 35, still playing something that I had as a teen when I had my first job and bought my first(self-bought) console with my own money. For me, it is great to see stuff like this running with the official player, becasue this is about as official as it gets running a DVD-esque video experience on the system.

Sure we might not have DVD quality, but we can fit up to 4gb videos(fat32 file limit) on them on our ODE solutions that are free from the 700mb CD limitation, so in that way you are damn straight we could get a DVD like experience with larger videos on them.

darcagn, iiAlexLiveii and fafadou like this.
  4. Mrneo240

Mrneo240 Gutsy Member

ok final info, then a full write up from someone who can help format my notes and translate to simple english.

Heres a decently funny image, showing lba 11702 which leaves tons of room for video using just the menu.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/icqcq3qvihduig5/SONIC_ADV2.7z/file

image contains that video

i think tools were uploaded here, if not ill post again with the writeup and an explanation of what to do to create a bootable image.

5. Mrneo240

Mrneo240 Gutsy Member

6. TerdFerguson

TerdFerguson ls ~/

>sonic_adventure3-alpha_leak2002.cdi
    oh god what have you done lol

7. Mrneo240

Mrneo240 Gutsy Member

Giving the kiddos what they deserve ;)

LuizNai and TerdFerguson like this.
  8. Mrneo240

Mrneo240 Gutsy Member

Ok I'm happy to announce here's the first version of a complete write-up on how to make these yourself.

There's more to write and corrections and clarifications I'm sure, but we can start here and move towards them.

https://gitlab.com/HaydenKow/mil-cd-info/

Conte Zero, MastaG, LuizNai and 7 others like this.