MGS 4 Different story?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by JamesMichael, Jul 20, 2007.

1. JamesMichael

JamesMichael Light Hearted Drunk

This just hit me. I was searching through some old files today when I discovered my old MGS 4 game folder which contained some pictures from 2005 that I'm going to share now. I think I've discovered that the story was once different from the one we know today.

[​IMG]

The first picture shows Vamp, Meryl and Raiden. Vamp looks nearly un changed in this picture with only a few differences from the E3 trailer. Meryl and Raiden are a different story. For one they look younger and there appearance is different. Meryl looks more like her old appearance in MGS1 than what she does now and also Raiden does not look anything like the Ninja in the E3 trailer?! And whats with the baby?

[​IMG]

Ocelot looks more like his MGS2 form and looks more younger again. Which could mean that liquid hadn't taken over him fully at the time. The most biggest change is snake himself. As you can see he looks a lot younger and more like his MGS2 appearance but with a bread. Also the sneaking suit is completely different it reminds me more of big boss.

[​IMG]

Otacon looks again younger but still reminds me of what he looks like now in MGS4. Big Boss has yet to be seen in 4 but in this art work we all know its him. Not much to report on Naomi apart from she doesn't look as run down as she does in 4.

All this has lead me to think that MGS4 was at the time meant to be set only a few years after MGS2 and wouldn't be anything like it is now. I can't jump to conclusions yet since we have only seen a small portion of the game but I don't think will see anything like this since snake looks old in 4 now while in this art he looks like he does in 2.

2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Its hard to say, others would just view it and say concept art to get the ball rolling, and that it never was meant to be a true representation of the game.

3. JamesMichael

Yeah I know thats what most people would think but I've just looked some through old mags about the first MGS 4 trailer from 2006 and theres an interview with Kojima himself. One of the questions was "where did you get the idea of an older snake?" His reply was "At the time of coming up to E3 we were testing other story's and different events to take place in 4. We had a lot of discussion about what to pick but we finally came to a decision"

This makes me think that he was having thoughts on what the public would think to old snake at the time and didn't want another raiden kind of problem

4. The-Silmarillion

The-Silmarillion Spirited Member

I thought old Snake was just a disguise going by what was shown the TGS trailer (I think?) from last year.....?

I would assume the baby that Raiden has in that picture is either meant to be Olga Gurlukovich's child or his own, after all Rose was pregnant at the close of Sons of Liberty.

5. Jasonkhowell

Jasonkhowell Well Known Member

I remember Kojima saying it wasn''t his choice for those character designs. Sort of a concept of what could be in the game (So far, all but Big Boss are confirmed). Personally, I think Kojima has wanted to turn Snake old for a long time now (Forshadowed it quite a bit in MGS and MGS2), so he could wrap up the entire thing.

As for Raiden, people who analyzed the 2007 E3 trailer think that the masked foxhound member with Sunglasses is Raiden before he turns into a Cyborg (It would make sense, he was supposed to be in FOXHOUND in MGS2 and showing him as a normal human before being turn into a Ninja would explain a few things).

6. JamesMichael

This would make the most sense of it just been concept art and wasn't a real drawing but if like you said Kojima has been wanted to turn Snake old and wrap things up why didn't he make the artiest just make him look older?

About the man been Raiden I really can't see it since the voice sounds nothing like him but I think he will turn out to be a main ish character.

7. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Ever see Amano's art for Final Fantasy games? It doesnt always represent a final depiction of the character. And Hideo is quite efficient at throwing around things that are meant to distract and hide ;)

8. JamesMichael

No sorry I have not seen Amano's art for FF games. I guess I got carried away hoping there was another story plot that was scraped for the one we have now but after doing more research in to this I found out the David Hayter who does Snakes voice has said in an interview "Its always interesting to see what Kojima will throw at us yet since we are doing the script as it comes" so it must be not finished yet.