Metropolis Street Racer Alpha (04.11.99) Release Topic

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by thedoctor45x, Jun 7, 2019.

1. thedoctor45x

thedoctor45x Member

Hey there, I've never really contributed anything to this forum before, but I recently managed to get my hands on the rare MSR Alpha Preview GD-R for the SEGA Dreamcast that was also demoed in an article on the Dreamcast Junkyard blog back in 2015 and decided to do the community a favor and share it here for everyone to enjoy.

After some fiddling, I've managed to successfully rip the disc without bad sector errors using DreamShell and uploaded a GDI, CDI & an emulated Mac version here:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/q4dws7an6d2b6/MSR_Proto

Unfortunately DreamShell itself doesn't seem to be able to handle the game - but afaik MSR is known not to be compatible yet so that's not really a surprise.

Anyway I hope you find this upload useful.

take care
    doc

Esppiral, verne94, MetalliC and 11 others like this.
  2. Mrneo240

Mrneo240 Gutsy Member

quality share. thank you.

also people are going to be screaming about using dreamshell, just be warned.

3. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

Really cool thank you!

4. wombat

wombat SEGA!

WOW this is quite the surprise and an amazing parting gift. Thanks for your generosity @thedoctor45x!

5. thedoctor45x

thedoctor45x Member

Added an NRG image to the archive that can be burned onto a CD-R using Alcohol or Nero.

Esppiral likes this.