Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes (Gamecube) Debug build Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by mathieulh, May 11, 2014.

1. Max765

Max765 Active Member

does anyone know if this is the pal or ntsc version ?

2. saibot_20194

saibot_20194 Spirited Member

ntsc version ;)

3. doulomb

doulomb Robust Member

SwedishSonna likes this.
  4. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Hey, someone alerted me to this post. I don't appreciate you implying that I would dump and sell copies of a prototype and then sell the original with notifying the buyer.

That is not something I would ever do. If I sell something I have dumped, I give full disclosure of that along with if I shared it with anyone. I've never shared this Twin Snakes dump with anyone and all copies I have made of discs that I sold were destroyed when I sold them. As my signature says, I no longer collect prototypes and such.

You may not realize this, but mistrust around prototype origins (this dumping and re-selling business that began cropping up many years ago) is what drove me out of collecting them for the most part. After getting burned on a prototype trade, and then seeing others modifying prior dumped prototypes and modifying them slightly, then re-selling them on newly burned discs, it was a red flag to me that the trust was lost.

If you're still around, I'd appreciate if you would retract that and offer an apology.

5. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

Hi Dot50Cal, you will notice that I spoke in the conditional tense (and used "if" a couple of times) and did not accuse you of anything to begin with.
    I do not know whether or not you did share a dump of this game to anyone, I can and will only take your word for it.
    I don't intent on creating a pointless feud upon what is essentially resurecting a (literally) 3 years old thread either.

6. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

I do not intend to start any feud, however you are out of line with the statement, regardless of your if qualifier. Its frankly ridiculous that you'd jump immediately to me being an unscrupulous seller when I have no history at all of doing that in my 20+ years of buying/selling online.

This is especially egregious when you said it yourself, a hash comparison between the build I sold you and this other one are different. Not that the hashes being the same would mean anything because these prototypes don't exist in a vacuum...

There have been multiple times when I've met collectors who have the same build of a game as I do. This literally just happened in a thread I made in the marketplace (https://assemblergames.com/threads/...ead-rising-pn03-freeloader.70620/#post-985449), it is not as uncommon as you might think to have multiple copies of preview and review copies floating around since there are many publications who have these. Ask any magazine editor and they will tell you the same. Additionally, I was not the original owner of the disc. I had no industry connections, I was simply a collector who bought prototypes for game series I had a high interest in.

Regardless of your "if" qualifier, there were multiple people who took your accusation and ran with it, stating my name and acting like it was fact. This thread has tarnished my credibility as this claim went un-refuted for so long. I was only alerted to it by someone here when I began selling things again the other day and they questioned me about it.

I'm just setting the record straight here and its disappointing that you can't see my side of things.