Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes (Gamecube) Debug build Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by mathieulh, May 11, 2014.

1. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right forums section to write about this:

As stated here http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?42489-Gamecube-NR-Disc-Metal-Gear-Solid-Beta quite a long time ago, I have in my possession a debug build of Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes with full debug menus enabled/unlocked which I dumped from NR discs purchased on this very forum (at the price of 350USD from what I can recall)

The debug build plays wonderfully either on Dolphin or on a real Gamecube/Wii (a second pad is required to enable the debug features on real hardware)

As I have said in the thread, I do not mind sharing the dump so long as I get what I paid the disks for (basiclly 350 USD, no more, no less), there hasn't been much interest so far and I myself have been busy, but someone in the thread suggested that I started a fundraiser.

Sadly, I don't have the slightest idea of how these are handled on Assemblergames, does any mod/admin wants to guide me into the proper steps ? (if that action can be undertaken).

2. Hekel

Hekel Rapidly Rising Member

Well as the game is Floating around in some collectors Hands i think its not the best idea to make a fundraiser.. More of Fairness to release it for free... I dont know if you already sold a Dump of it but its definitly around as i have it myself.

Regard.

3. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

I only gave my dump to Crediar. Perhaps the previous owner dumped it already.
    What's the hash for your images ? If the build you have is identical to mine I'll just share the dumps for free on the forums.

4. Hekel

Could be possible that the previous owner dumped it i dont know.. Its not uploaded to public yet.. thats for sure. Well there 2 Iso files in .gcm Format. Disc 1&2.

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes Prototype 4-17-2003 [Disc 1] 1.35 GB, Checksum-32 - 098F88E6
    Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes Prototype 4-17-2003 [Disc 2] 1.35 GB, Checksum-32 - 3D6867D8

If you like i can post some Hex Pictures aswell.

5. tehgazza

tehgazza Rising Member

Can you run these on a retail system? (so long as you use modchip/softmod+neogamma style loader)

6. kuze

kuze Peppy Member

He said in the original thread that you can

7. Hekel

Yes you can but on gc you get less debug feat. As on wii or dolphin.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  8. tehgazza

tehgazza Rising Member

I have a hardmodded Wii, so if this ever comes out I'll give it a go! Would be a shame if its missing features due to running on a Retail Wii.

9. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

I just looked at my dump, the build date is indeed the same 2003/04/17 but the CRC32 for both discs are different, so either this isn't the same build (doubtful) either you did not dump it properly (did you actually use a NR/RVT-R drive) ?

My hashes are the following:

Disc 1: D1B33770
    Disc 2: 85409E81

If the dump comes from the same discs, I'd have to assume the previous owner (Dot50Cal) dumped the discs and shared the dump to others then sold those to me without informing me of the fact (which, if that's the truth, I don't find really fair, especially considering the price I paid the discs for and the fact that I was mostly interested in dumping those myself to run on Dolphin and my retail system.)

Since there seem to be no interest in the fundraising I'll just share the dump I made.

https://mega.co.nz/#!w0wUDCRJ!qQcM_KMnEJ3mTNcSAXnqFFD50NjI78kGL1VB8x4QQsk

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  10. Chewieshmoo

Chewieshmoo Spirited Member

Very nice of you thank you.

11. sa1

sa1 Rising Member

I am not a fan of the series, but thank you very much for sharing it so freely mathieulh!

12. Qrissi

Qrissi Rising Member

Really shame if the previous owner dumped the discs and shared them and afterwards still sold them to you. :/ But thank you a lot for sharing these! Im happy, so im gonna donate to support this site ^^

13. tehgazza

tehgazza Rising Member

Many thanks, I was interested before but did not have the funds. :(

14. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Thanks for the share, much appreciated.

...just need to dig out my Cube which is lying around here somewhere!

15. saibot_20194

saibot_20194 Spirited Member

I'm a huge fan of metal gear series and I was waiting for this release and really really thank you for this soo muchh appreciated release mathieulh

16. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

Hopefully someone can find something of interest in the dump; it looks close to the final build but some things are changed, for instance the savedata handler is written slightly differently (no visual changes though)
    For now I haven't seen much I can't do by using Action Replay codes (other than displaying the debug options and skipping to scenes)

17. saibot_20194

but mathieulh were 50dotcal got those debug builds??? did he was a konami employee at the time?? I am very curious about it XD

18. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

No idea, since those are NTSC US Builds, I'd be more inclined to believe that they leaked from Silicon Knights rather than from Konami.
    What's odd is that those builds were burned to NR Discs rather than to NPDP cartridges which might indicate this was sent to a 3rd party or used at an event (E3 ?).

19. saibot_20194

yes mathieulh i'm pretty sure that those discs were used at the E3-2003 at the time or maybe from a preview magazine from 2003-2004???.
    Well in other words yesterday I played that mgs twins snakes proto in my wii and it seems that have less debug features than the dolphin emu but I found this: AK-74U, MGL-36 , and the shaver that its kinda odd but interesting XD regards bro :)

20. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

You guys are jumping to conclusions. The game is nearly complete, no? In all likelihood, the build is from a gaming press company, just like the large majority of games out there to the public. The fact that it isn't a total mess of a build lends itself to that as well, as it is less common for the gaming press to get truly early builds, not that it didn't happen.