Megaman Legends 3

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by shenmue19, Jul 18, 2011.

1. shenmue19

shenmue19 Member

You can officially add this game to the long list of canceled games that we won't see for a while. As of today, Capcom officially announced that the game has been axed. I hope someone eventually does get a hold of this title as it looked promising. Hopefully it will pop up within 5-10 years from now.

Is it too early to be searching for the beta to this?? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  3. Keiji Dragon

Keiji Dragon Enthusiastic Member

And I thought Sonic The Hedgehog was someone who needed his parents (Yuji Naka, Hirokazu Yasuhara, Naoto Oshima).

Rockman's the one who needs his papa, Inafking, the most.

=(

4. Teancum

Teancum Intrepid Member

I have to say that this announcement made me very angry. Capcom is on my shit list now.

5. Bluedevil70

Bluedevil70 Member

What a shame, I was looking forward to this, especially since Mega Man Legends and Mega Man Legends 2 were great games in my opinion.

Hopefully MegaMan Legends 3: Prototype Version will at least surface in some way, as it was supposed to be on the Nintendo eShop I believe. You have to imagine it was pretty far into development as it was supposed to come out this year.

6. Cedge

Cedge Member

Nope, that's axed, as well (from their announcement: "it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game").

They seem to pretty much be demanding that fans forget that it ever existed, immediately, or else face their wrath. There are reports that Capcom was kicking out and banning Mega Man cosplayers from their booth at ComicCon this past weekend, as well as people who asked about the game during panels, and I've also heard claims that discussion about the game on Capcom's community forums is being strictly moderated.

So, we've had two Mega Man games cancelled in the past 4 months, no other known Mega Man games in production, and the character isn't even in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. If Capcom isn't all but officially killing this character, then they sure aren't doing much to make me believe otherwise.

7. Bluedevil70

Bluedevil70 Member

Yeah I know that Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version is cancelled as well. What I meant was that hopefully it will surface in some unofficial form in the coming years.

I really don't know much about Capcom and Mega Man in general, but it seems the way they handled the whole situation could have been much better. I saw some statement they made where they essentially blamed fans for lack of interest. They eventually apologized and said they worded it incorrectly, but stuff like that is not good for their reputation I have to believe.

It's a shame, cause I always felt like Mega Man could do well with more 3D adventure games, and you can't deny he's a classic character who at least deserves a little respect.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  8. Rundevil

Rundevil Spirited Member

9. browzers

browzers Spirited Member

Ha ha, that's about right.