Megakey function

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by ashramkun, Dec 18, 2016.

1. ashramkun

ashramkun Rising Member

Hello.
    I just received my Mega Everdrive X5 and it is amazing. But I have a question about the MegaKey function.

I tried to load Golden Axe 3, and it didn´t work, once its a japanese game. The same occurred with some 32x games, like Daxide (european one). And yes, I changed the Megakey region.

We always have the option to patch the headers region, but with megakey activated, it should work without any modification, right? I read something that the megakey feature dont´t work if you have the 32X, but I don´t if this is true.

Anyway, should I patch the headers or I am missing something?

2. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Everdrive's Megakey function has problems if a 32x is attached. For most games try cheat codes, or region patched roms.

To my knowledge you can't technically change the internal region settings of a Genesis/Megadrive from the cart slot.
    (such as 50hz/60hz video output, or NTSC/PAL color encoding. though 32X overrides the latter, because its AV input uses RGB)

3. ashramkun

ashramkun Rising Member

Alright! Thanks!

4. kapa

kapa Active Member

The 32x put some limitation on everdrive, so the better is using the everdrive with x32 only when playing 32x games