Megadrive SVP games

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by StarWolf, Dec 3, 2005.

1. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

Those claiming that Sega's plan to port popular franchises to the PS2 were mere rumors or fantasies of Euro mags are quite misinformed. Sega of America announced the idea shortly after the Dreamcast was tanked.

-hl718

2. Shadowlayer

Shadowlayer KEEPIN' I.T. REAL!!

We're talking about the saturn, pal. At that time we all know SEGA would keep releasing consoles.

The DC that's a completely different issue, since SEGA did announce they were going from hardware to software bussines.

3. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

And Sega did announce plans to port specific Saturn franchises (including Panzer Dragoon) to Sony's platform. This wasn't hidden at all. ;)

-hl718

4. Shadowlayer

K, if you can scan that magazine (or even better, get a very reliable source on that) then no prob.

5. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

I don't have a magazine, but I don't suppose you'd accept that I heard it directly from Charles Bellfield's lips as a primary source? If that's not good enough for you I don't know what is. :)

-hl718

6. Shadowlayer

And whos that?

7. ICEknight

ICEknight Guest

I sorta remember that... At least I remember reading similar news and fantasizing about Sonic R and NiGHTS being ported to the PSX.

8. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

You have much to learn about Sega, Grasshopper. ;)

-hl718

9. Shadowlayer

Lets me guess, the president of SEGA europe? or england?

10. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

11. Sally

Sally Guest

kids these days... :lol:

12. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

I was referring to a much earlier plan to create Saturn and MegaDrive ports for the original PlayStation, though I've long since forgotten where I first read about this. However, titles being considered included VF2, Panzer Dragoon and a 3D remake of the first Sonic game. The possibility of this happening was going around long before anything was seen of NiGHTS (and possibly even before the Saturn's release in the UK, as I read quite a few magazines during this period), so it definitely wasn't just Sega jumping on the PS bandwagon. Can anybody help me with some actual sources, plus information relating to the later PS2 efforts? Of course, I presume that has since evolved into the AGES 2500 range...

13. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Anthemia, I read those articles as well. They were printed way before any mention of the PS2 or Dreamcast ! They were probably Sony hype to lour more people away from the Saturn.

Yakumo

14. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if those rumours were started by Sony, as I definitely recall an interview with Travellers Tales in the UK official Sega Saturn Magazine where it was claimed that a game such as Sonic R would be near-impossible to reproduce on the PlayStation with a decent enough frame rate to make it playable. Considering this very title was one of the highlights of the recent Gems Collection, I doubt this comment was a specific attack on the PS2's capabilities. Also, it's very ironic that Sonic The Fighters (another title long connected with the Saturn) ultimately ended up on the PS2 - and GameCube - in the very same package! How times have changed for Sega...

15. Shadowlayer

Well I'm kinda outdated about whos in charge at SEGA, since they arent the company I use to trust, not anymore...

I second:dance: