Mega Everdrive won't load ROMS

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by sonicsean89, Nov 25, 2016.

1. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

So I just bought a Mega Everdrive today, and loaded it up with some ROMs I'd played in Gens before, so I know they work well enough. The menu loads up, but after I select a game and play it, I just get a blank screen. I tried both my Genesis 2 and 3, which both played other games fine, and as I'd said, the files work.

Also, this is apparently the official support forum for the Everdrive.

2. AtomizerZero

AtomizerZero Intrepid Member

Sounds like you have a clone of the everdrive. Also, the official forum for the everdrive is http://krikzz.com/forum/
    If you bought that everdrive from ebay, then it's most likely a clone. Still, it *should* work anyway.. Maybe try another rom?

3. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

I got it at Stone Age Gamer's store, and I haven't heard anything about them selling clones. Are there any specific file types to use?

4. stevo9389

stevo9389 Plays It Loud

That only happened to me when loading some 32x games (32x+GEN2+SCDv2). Apparently it did not like regions no matter what the settings were. Did you happen to update the OS prior to loading any roms?

5. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

I had just downloaded the most recent version on the website (since I didn't get the memory card included). I don't exactly know which OS version that is.

6. Conker2012

Conker2012 Intrepid Member

You should post your problem on the official forum (as linked to in AtomizerZero's post) as not only are there many experienced users on there, but Krikzz (who designs and builds the Everdrives) visits there two and often answers posts directly.

I hope you get it sorted out, as Everdrives are fantastic.

7. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Moved to the Mega EverDrive forum. Please note that this hasn't been the official support forum for some time, though... and Krikzz hasn't bothered logging on in years. You should post in his forum, as everyone has said, if you want official support. Or ask SAG.

8. nyder

nyder Rising Member

Thought I would add this, even though the thread is sort of old. My everdrive didn't work on one of my genesis because the power adapter for it wasn't providing enough power.

9. kapa

kapa Active Member

What version of everdrive did you boght? And your genesis have region and or 60/50hz mod? the roms that you are using are from what region? You have to be more clear to get help...