Mega EverdDrive

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by KRIKzz, Nov 8, 2011.

1. B45man

B45man Active Member

As I understand it, the main differences between the Mega ED and the ED MD are:

- quick save/load feature simular to what an emulator does (Mega ED)
    - games are loaded into RAM (Mega ED) instead of a flash chip (ED MD)

Couple of questions:

- what is the lifespan of the ED MD flash chip?
    - Does the ED MD support battery saves (so I don't have to play Phantasy Star 4 in one sitting)?

2. Benz

Benz Member

Wow Nice! ;)

3. B45man

B45man Active Member

Okay, so I bought an ED MD. I'm very pleased with it. The drawback of waiting for a game to write to the flash is not very irritating. I like my EDMD V3!

4. vexatious

vexatious Rising Member

@KRIKzz:

Can you tell me how "Mega Everdrive" X5 & X7 can function like a real RAM expansion cartridge with 8 megabytes or more for Mars CD 32X? Looking for a solution to Sega's IC 315-5755 mapper with at least 70 nanoseconds 8 megabytes RAM for uncut content development targeting 32-bit CD Mars 32X.

Tried asking this question previously but Moderator moved thread. Since then I've been trying to source broken "Super Street Fighter 2" Megadrive carts to convert them into useable RAM expansion for content development since such a ram cart was never marketed and obviously Sega Saturn RAM cartridges are incompatible (would need at least 8 megabytes too).

Would like to know more how the "Mega Everdrive" X5 & X7 Sega CD RAM function works. There a physical switch that shutsdown O.S. to function like a RAM cart in the same expected memory space as a real 315-5755 Sega mapped RAM cartridge?

If you can help me in my thread that would be great too! https://assemblergames.com/threads/chance-of-a-ram-cart-for-homebrew.54468/

Please let me know! Thank you!