MD Everdrive - Official "game doesn't work" Thread

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by Bboydocument, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel Newly Registered

Nevermind. I popped in the real cart and got the same behaviour. I'm playing on a model 1 with 32x and SegaCd attached. I'm wondering if the 32X is causing the oddity.

2. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K Rising Member

1 way to find out...

3. Gabriel

Gabriel Newly Registered

I intend to. It's just that for right now I'm kinda sick of playing the game over and over to level 4. :p

4. WaverBoy

WaverBoy Active Member

Just a quick note that Frogger doesn't work with OS 29. I updated it to OS 36 and it works perfectly. Yeah, I know, probably not a lot of help to those of you who keep up with updates, but obviously I didn't. I have now mended my erring ways. :)

5. Kefka77

Kefka77 Member

Both the original AND the 1.1 versions of Starflight from No-Intro save just fine on both my v2 and my Mega ED. You can remove this game from the list. It's just bad dumps from the Good set causing problems (as usual). For the love of science, people, stop using Good as your main set. It hasn't been updated in years. I only keep the Good sets around as a crack resource. I would recommend that everyone else do the same.

6. Bboydocument

Bboydocument Spirited Member

Thanks for checking that out. I'll update the list

7. haynor666

haynor666 Spirited Member

Any updates for everdrive version 3 ?

8. Prock78

Prock78 Newly Registered

Hello all!
    I found a way to make "36 great Holes" 32X game work correctly. It is exactly the same trick as to enable saving in "Knuckles' Chaotix": open rom with hex editor and change the line 'SEGA 32X' into 'SEGA GENESIS' (or 'SEGA MEGADRIVE' for the PAL version - I haven't tried though, I only tried the NTSC version).

9. Prock78

Prock78 Newly Registered

Excuse me for the double post, but for the ones who would be interested in playing NFL Quaterback Club 32X on their Everdrive, I managed to make it work, this is how:
    Open the rom with a hex editor, find the string 60 00 FF FE at line 5AF00 and replace that string by 00 00 00 00
    I tested and it works well on real hardware. The only bug that I got is that I get a red screen if I reset the console.

10. GerjurdKing

GerjurdKing Member

Thank you for the tip! I'm going to give it a try. 36 Great Holes Golf is actually an excellent game.

11. GerjurdKing

GerjurdKing Member

Thank you for posting! I'm going to give it a try. 36 Great Holes is actually a terrific golf game, even if you're not the biggest fan of the sport.

12. fil

fil Newly Registered

hello to all,
    i wonder does anyone know if it's possible to get James Pond Underwater agent (UE) working on a japanese mega drive on the everdrive MD, as i am getting just a black screen - and there is only 1 rom available for it, no hacks or fixes. I've tried the game on fusion emulator setting it to Japanese +NTSC and the game works fine, so isnt a region problem, and the header is verified as OK

edit: ok, i got it working now by turning region free to off, and leaving all other settings on

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  13. fil

fil Newly Registered

I can't get Sensible Soccer - International Edition (E) (M4) [!].bin working on my japanese megadrive, i have patched the rom using GGGuy using the codes from http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/916377-genesis/faqs/60595

Sensible Soccer - International Edition
    (USA code) (Japan NTSC code) (Japan PAL code)
    CA5A-AR3J CWFT-CR30 CA5A-AR3J
    CWFT-CR30 6LFT-CN4Y 6LFT-CN4Y

I've tried both Japan NTSC codes and Japan PAL codes, also ive tried the code from codehut
    Sensible Soccer - International Edition (E)...

CWGT-CA70

and still the blue message comes up saying this cartridge is made only for European Megadrives.

also i tried turing region free to 'off' which is a trick to get James Pond underwater agent working

does anyone know how to get this game running? thank you