Massive Sega Mega CD Devkit lot, VERY pic heavy.

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by Dano2k0, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Dano2k0

Dano2k0 Mad on XBOX

Hi all,

Well its been a while since I posted anything for sale in this section. ;-)

Firstly, as always with me, the boring stuff first... Firstly let me just say, I am a very genuine seller, a good ammount of you here already know me and know i'm trustworthy. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask around, or check the feedback section as a few have left feedback there for me.

I am based in the UK, any UK member is welcomed to come and collect with cash, I am happy however to ship pretty much anywhere in the world, I do this on a regular basis so its not a problem. My packing is next to none and will be packaged to a high standard.

Payment wise, I will continue to offer the weekly / monthly payments, if you can't afford any item right now, discuss with me a plan for payments. I have done this for several members and it has worked quite well.

Payment is either cash on collection, bank transfer (personal cheque from UK members, ,must clear first) or PayPal preferably as a 'gift'

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here is one of the best lots I have ever had to sell, a very rare and special opportunity for someone. :thumbsup:

This is a fantastic Sega Mega CD development kit, I have never seen such a complete unit for sale before, let me just say, the Mega CD kit does work just fine, the CD drive also works perfect.

Going by the age of these kits, its hard to get the correct interface cards and cables, you may on a rare occassion see a bare unit for sale, except for this one!

This does have a few scuffs / scratches, hopefully the photos will show these, but they are purely cosmetic and should be expected with this type of kit at this age, other than this it is perfect.

Included is everything you see bundled together in the pictures, I have taken ALOT of them, just to try and give people an idea of what they would actually be buying.

There is a SNASM 1 interface card, a CD Emulation card with the specific link cable (not seen one of these around for sale before) and a SNASM 2 interface card, I believe the SNASM 2 can be used for a variety of things, this one is complete with the original boxed manual, and both floppy disks containing the software. I also have the 32x software to work with this card, they can be supplied on CD-R if required. I don't know if you'd need anything else software wise, but I presume at the least you can opperate the SNASM 2 with the kit just fine.

There is a huge ammount of paperwork with this unit, there are the original paperwork for the Mega CD kit, then a folder packed with a crazy ammount of information. I have taken a few selected photos, but I think there is pretty much everything you would need to get going. I have stood the floppy next to the folder to show how thick this actually is. Alot of the pages do have a watermark on them, with the name of the company to which they once belonged, I expect Sega did this to stop them being copied and distributed, for the most part, its all 'sega confidential'

Oh and there is a strange type of controller terminator? not exactlly sure what that is and there is a 6 button pad included. I am not including any type of AV cable or power connector, but these can be picked up off the internet for cheap enough.

A very rare opportunity for someone, I will let the pictures do most of the talking.

Heres the huge ammount of pics, if nothing else, enjoy. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note in the above pics, you also get the original price lists and note the prices!!! SNASM 2 Mega CD kit alone, 7,500 GBP!

Price wise, I have found it VERY difficult to put a price on this, I will ask 1,250 GBP + shipping. Or best offer. DEPOSIT TAKEN

Thanks for looking. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. k1379

k1379 Member

WOW! i wish i had 1,200 gbp atm, and too bad i dont live in the uk, this kit would not be functionable in the us, or am i mistaken?

3. Teancum

Teancum Intrepid Member

Wow this lot looks amazing. PM Sent.

4. Dano2k0

Dano2k0 Mad on XBOX

Hi mate,

Yep your mistaken, it would function just fine in the US. ;-)

Replied mate. :thumbsup:

5. H360

H360 Familiar Face

That is so freekin' awesome!

Is that an Xilinx chip on the PCI card I see?

6. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

Big Card seems to be an Address Checker or some debugging handler card from SEGA itself.

Medium card is SNASM hardware...

Small card is an Zilog Z053801 based SCSI card.

All ISA. The stuff you would use on an 1992 PC... :lol:

The BEST stuff on the package isn't really the hardware.

The complete documentation in it is what make this kit worth your while (and your penny). :nod:

7. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Amazing! Looks really complicated. Wish I had the money too, good luck to the lucky buyer :)

8. Xeauron

Xeauron Intrepid Member

Since it has SEGA OF AMERICA written on it, I think you'd be fine. :)

9. k1379

k1379 Member

ahh, ok, sorry about that :p in that case you wouldnt want to trade for a few nice swiss made watches haha, caues thats all ive got atm :p

10. am2

am2 Rapidly Rising Member

Can you confirm this is complete and working? Judging from the description i get the impression you never used it and/or dont know how to use it.

11. Dano2k0

Dano2k0 Mad on XBOX

No need to be sorry mate, it was a good question. ;-) Unfortunately I wouldn't want to trade for watches lol. :thumbsup:

Hello,

I can confirm I believe the hardware to be complete.

I have tested the Mega CD devkit as far as I can, it loads perfect, will load a cartridge, will load a dev CD no problem at all.

The rest of the hardware has been stored properly and as with pretty much all my hardware, has come directly from a developer. Everything worked perfect when last used and has been stored well since. I can also confirm the floppy disks work fine, as this was a worry for another member.

I think most peoples worry would be the Mega CD kit not working, which I can assure everyone its fine, it corresponds to all the dip switches too according to the manual.

Hope thats enough verification for you. :thumbsup:

12. Dano2k0

Dano2k0 Mad on XBOX

Item on hold, awaiting deposit :thumbsup:

13. TmEE

TmEE Peppy Member

I'd love to see scans of all the docs...

14. Dano2k0

Dano2k0 Mad on XBOX

I'm sorry to say I certinately wouldn't be the one to scan so many docs, plus these are now sold so I couldn't do that anyway.

-------------------------------------------

Deposit received, thanks all. :thumbsup:

15. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

Excellent lot. All those docs!

16. Eke

Eke Spirited Member

I second that, especially sega cd hardware programmer and user manuals :nod:
    Although a list or summary of what is available would be interesting too.
    I wonder what the doc with waveforms is about ?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  17. swcdx

swcdx Spirited Member

That's some nice anti-static packaging you keep them in.

:banghead:

18. Dano2k0

Dano2k0 Mad on XBOX

Oh I am sorry, I forgot you know how they are stored better than I do.

I'm not really keen on putting boards on top of anti-static bags and then I sometimes find it can flash back and be a pain in the back side when photographing.

19. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Better off sticking them on top of a sheet of paper as it shouldnt flashback and is antistatic anyway :p

Very nice item though (shame the sega of america branding looks like shit) and shame I msised it - I wanted one of these ever since I saw it on the old ASSEMble home page in 2003 but with EU or JP Megadrive branding... also a shame I'm skint :p

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  20. Dano2k0

Dano2k0 Mad on XBOX

Hello mate,

I'll bare that one in mind. ;)

The bedding it was on is pretty safe anyway, ive never experienced any static build. The reason I wouldn't put it on top of the static bag is because static is supposed to go round the outside of the bag, sitting it on top of anything where static could be gained is asking for trouble in my opinion. The paper option you suggested probably isn't such a bad idea.

Anyway, its all another story.. probably swcdx might know best ;)

They are excellent units, pretty damn rare to come accross, finding one with all these bits and pieces is pretty much well.. impossible, this is the only one ive ever seen so complete.