RULES MARKETPLACE RULES as of July 2016

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by ASSEMbler, May 2, 2005.

1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
    All posts, messages, text, files, images, video, or other media posted on or through assemblergames.com are the sole responsibility of the person from whom the content originated.

RISK to Party:
    There is a degree of risk to buying off the internet. Please use common sense:

• Verify the seller.
    • Use a secure payment method.
    • Avoid gift payments if they limit your right to a refund.
    • Have items sent tracked and insured for the correct value.
    ASSEMblergames.com is in no way responsible for any losses incurred. Use of the forum marketplace means you have accepted any and all risks as your own. Posting in the marketplace is an agreement to all terms set by ASSEMblergames.com
    Terms subject to change at any time.

Guidelines and rules for Marketplace as of 2 June 2016

ETIQUETTE FOR SALES, TRADES AND AUCTIONS

NO:
    • Flaming items, people are free to sell anything within the rules.
    • Flaming about prices, no matter how silly.
    • Thread hijacking, e.g. "I have that for $XXX".
    • "Interest check" posts.
    YES:
    • Price commenting in order to haggle."That's a bit much, take $500?"
    • Ask for better picture.
    • Ask for reference.
    • Ask shipping cost.
    NOTE:
    Any posts that bring a sales thread too far off topic will be moved, edited, merged or deleted without notice.

UNIVERSAL RULES
    This forum recognizes the difference between beta, unreleased and cancelled games versus bootlegs of commercially available software.

SALES:
    1. All items must have set prices. Trade items are exempt.
    2. Blind sales (grab bag) are not allowed.
    3. Keep all eBay and off site auction links to the eBay thread.
    4. All items sold must be accompanied by a picture with validation! Validation = your forum name, the site's name AND date visible in the picture. (on a piece of paper, index card, etc.). Validation must be clear and legible.
    5. All pictures must be yours and not off the internet.
    6. No third party sales. You must be the owner.
    7. Please use the region prefixes for your sales threads.
    8. Limit your sales threads to one active thread.
    9. Items that have been repaired or altered must state that fact. Non-original cases and shells (Swapped OEM shells), non-oem cases and shells (Aftermarket) must be stated as such.
    10. All sale posts must contain English. The English description should be first, followed by any other languages.
    11. Revenue generating links are forbidden.
    12. Revenue generating image hosting is forbidden.
    13. All images must be uploaded to the site itself, as third party sites allow altering of images after posting.
    To sell on this forum you must obey these rules and have two things:
    • 50 posts.
    • Three months' membership (If you joined in March, you cannot sell until June).
    There is no post requirement for buying.

Spam posting to reach the 50 post mark will be noticed and you will be banned.

It is suggested when you have sold an item you use the strike through option.
    Strike through is located in the options bar in the post editor, to the right of pictures
    and media; you may need to click on the "+" icon to see.

Please do not remove sold item pictures from your post, this creates empty posts.
    Simply note the item has sold.

AUCTIONS:
    1. NO SET PRICE.
    2. All auctions must have a set closing date.
    3. If a seller or buyer backs out of an auction after close, it is OK to point this out to the community and give negative rep.
    4. Bidders can ask for references.

GREY AREA - IS IT ILLEGAL?
    If in doubt PM an Administrator or a Moderator and ask!

Mod chips and soft mods (firmware modding)

Xbox One - All modifications allowed except those that singularly allow copied games.

PS4 - All modifications allowed except those that singularly allow copied games.

Xbox 360 - All modifications allowed. Cannot have any games on the hard drive unless they are no longer offered on Xbox Live for sale, are hacks, or are betas.

PS3 - Any firmware is allowed. Cannot have retail games on the hard drive unless they are no longer offered on PSN for sale, are hacks, or are betas.

Wii U - All modifications allowed (if they ever exist) except those that singularly allow copied games. Cannot have games on the hard drive unless they are no longer offered for sale.

Wii - No restrictions.

Vita - No restrictions.

3DS and all other handhelds - Flashcards are allowed. Cannot be bundled with any commercial ROMs.

CLONE SYSTEMS:
    Completely fine.

BACKUP MEDIA:
    Must meet one of these criteria:
    • Game is a beta copy. It must be the original beta. Cannot be a copy of a copy.
    • Game is unreleased and not available on the Internet.
    • Game is a pressed silver.
    • Game is a reviewer's CD-R copy.
    • Game is a white label.
    • Game is on GD-R.

PROTOTYPE / REVIEW / PREVIEW Discs:

Prototype - Must be different from final retail version.
    Review / Preview - Possibly different , possibly the same as retail. Buyer's risk.

EPROM OR bootleg carts:
    No restriction.

REPRODUCTIONS:
    Permitted. Anything cartridge-based must not have a label identical to retail (counterfeit). It must not be confused with the real item.

DEVELOPMENT HARDWARE:

PS4 and Vita - All hardware sold must tell the buyer that the kits can and will expire.

ANY FUTURE HARDWARE THAT HAS EXPIRING CERTIFICATES MUST BE STATED
    AS SUCH AND SOLD WITH NO PROMISE OR EXPECTATION OF EVERY BEING
    ACTIVATED.

Other items -
    No restrictions, sale implies legal ownership of the item.

UNRELEASED CURRENT GENERATION TITLES (PS4 and XBOX ONE) :
    Games that are still in progress or slated for delivery cannot be offered or sold.
    Sale of unreleased material from upcoming games will be treated harshly as piracy and harmful to the industry.

BETA KEYS:
    Cannot be sold. May be traded.

SOFTWARE AND STEAM KEYS:
    Can be sold.
    • For physical paper vouchers, verification and the paper with the key covered must be shown.
    • For steam items, a picture of your inventory with verification. Obscuring (blurring) all the other items in your inventory is recommended.
    ONLINE ACCOUNTS:
    Blizzard accounts, EA accounts, etc. may be sold, but all risks are understood and accepted by the buyer. The email account associated with the account should probably be transferred to the new owner.

MARKETPLACE VIOLATIONS

Users who repeatedly break the rules will find their Marketplace privileges revoked. This means that they will be unable to use the Marketplace, WTB forum, Price Check forum, Online Deals or the User Feedback forum.

Our policy is as follows:
    • 1st Violation - 14 day suspension
    • 2nd Violation - 30 day suspension
    • 3rd Violation - permanent revocation

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2016
  2. EvilWays

EvilWays Gutsy Member

In light of a certain 'hot topic' in another section of the forums, it may be a good idea to update this section of the rules to close any loopholes that could lead to another situation such as the 'hot topic'. Just my .02 on this.

graphique likes this.
  3. alphagamer

alphagamer What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch!

Could we establish a new rule that the price is to be left and not edited out after a successful sale, so it is easier to research item values?

4. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

That is for all intents and purposes the unwritten rule anyway, but unless someone reports a gutted thread it may be overlooked.

5. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

We can actually see thread edits in a thread history so we can look up an item if your desperate.

Syclopse likes this.
  6. Denryu

Denryu マスコット

Where did the eBay links thread go? I can no longer find it.

Edit: Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  7. ASSEMbler

Rules updated

8. pato

pato Resolute Member

Is allowed a question thread in WTB? Such as, i live in brazil and i wanna know if there is someone who lives there and have beta games to sell.

9. sleepinglion

sleepinglion Rising Member

I like the new rules. A user was selling an item last night that I was very interested in, but he'd only started 3 topics and had no picture to go along with the item. The new rules will help protect a lot of us. Thank you!

10. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

Hrm... Just a friendly question, but could the prohibition on DSi/3DS flash cards be clarified a bit? Does that also extend to DS cards, or DSi compatible cards that simply allow older cards to run on a DSi system (I'm not talking about running DSi Software, just running in DS mode on a DSi)? The reason I'm curious is because as far as I know, that's the only way to get home-brew (such as Linux) to run on them. For example, a while back I was batting around ideas for obtaining large amounts of flash cards for the purpose of release homebrew software (I dunno if any manufacture produces write-once cards).

I totally understand if the ban is for practical reasons (Ie. Companies sue first, ask if it's legit later) rather than principle ones, but I just wanted to hear the reason on it. :)

11. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Gutsy Member

EDIT: Wrong thread

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  12. darkado

darkado Rapidly Rising Member

just to be sure, i have some carts that i would love to sell cause i really don't need them, so the rules are 50 posts and 3 months or just 50 posts or 3 months membership?

13. itchy

itchy Guest

50 posts and 3 months

14. darkado

darkado Rapidly Rising Member

thanks, i guess i'll need to wait a little bit longer :)

15. Shane McRetro

Shane McRetro Blast Processed Since 199X

Hahaha, you'll get there! Just be strong! :smile-new:

16. ASSEMbler

Please note rules have changed

17. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

Might be a good idea to update this to include no games since there are some idiots who will take this to mean ripped games can be included in sales of units with some kind of mass storage like Wii Key Fusion or WODE.

18. ASSEMbler

Noted and changed

19. megatron187

megatron187 Spirited Member

I have a question. Can we post about bad sellers and that should be reported on here not to deal with?? Please let me know if we cant Ill understand:)

20. Teancum

Teancum Intrepid Member

Typically if you have an interaction with a bad seller you would post it in the User Feedback area.