M8plus with eject fix ?

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by fanhais, Mar 10, 2018.

?

M8plus with eject fix ?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. not

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. is possible change the m8 plus bios for eject fix

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. fanhais

fanhais Member

hello to everyone i want to make a question if exist an bios of EVOX M8 Plus for Tsop with eject Fix

2. KaosEngineer

KaosEngineer Robust Member

As I found an m8plus bios that has eject fix but... there's always a but ... it's not for v1.0-1.5 but v1.6 consoles flashed to a modchip. Not sure why it was never made to have EF on the earlier releases. I voted can be changed as Glecas did so for the v1.6 but not v1.0-1.5. I'm not sure why they did not create a v1.0-1.5 m8plus with EF patch. Maybe they will read this post and assist in making one. But in the meantime...

By using Phoenix BIOS Loader (PBL), you can load the BFM version of the M8plus v1.6 EF BIOS - really multi-version as the setup, 2BL portion I think, doesn't run on BFM. There is no 2BL in a BFM BIOS maybe the 1BL too only the kernel loaded to RAM. Thus, boot the non-EF Evox M8+ BIOS and have PBL load the EF patched version into memory replacing the non-EF version that booted from the TSOP.

The attached file supports soft mod and hard mod: modchip (should work with TSOP too) booting any compatible modified BIOS - not the BFM BIOS in the zip though don't even think about flashing it to the modchip or TSOP which will then be replaced in memory by the M8plus EF BFM BIOS. Glecas M8plus v1.6 EF patched BIOS converted to BFM and setup packaged by Rocky5.

NOTE: DO NOT FLASH THE BFM BIOS TO THE TSOP! BRICK YOUR BLACK BOX YOU WILL! :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Rocky5 likes this.
  3. fanhais

fanhais Member

Thanks for the help and knowledge i will try the files and and don't try flash lol because once a time i flashed the ind bios 5004 06 and bricked my XBOX 1.0 and i made it to recover using the TSOP M7 BIOS and aladin XT chip :) so i'm aware of the danger of try something not recommendable with the bios, would be nice if some genius add Eject Fix on M8 plus ;) who knows someday

4. Rocky5

Rocky5 Site Supporter 2015

Just a heads up, the above zip allows XISO playback from the HDD. That’s what the patcher.xbe does, softmods the hacked kernel lul.

Also you should be able to extract the kernel and import it into another M8Plus bios for flashing, but I would stick with just using the BFM setup as you won’t notice any difference in boot times or functioning of the Xbox.

5. KaosEngineer

I'd found links to M8plus_EF.rar and M8plus_16_EF.rar but they are old from 2004-2006 and no longer online. Seems web content from membres.lycos.fr was not archived by the Wayback Machine from all attempts I've tried thus far.

The gueux-forum.net posting my tomdom where they wrote:
    If anyone has a copy of one or both of these files, please let me know.

Update: Went back to the Wayback Machine (archive.org) and low and behold it found the web page. It was captured 5 times. But, why only one of the two files with links on the page was archived, I haven't a clue. M8plus_16_EF.rar was saved but M8plus_EF.rar was not :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  6. fanhais

fanhais Member

nice you have achieved the M8_16_EF would be nice if we can get the M8plus EF for the 1.0 to 1.5 lets hope that =D

KaosEngineer likes this.
  7. KaosEngineer

Yeah, I sure could not get the Wayback machine to reveal it earlier in the day. Can't change settings in it with EVTool v1.0.9. :(

Not sure why some content on web pages gets captured multiple times, 5 for the v1.6 version, and other files/graphics are always not archived or updated captures saved at a time after the site no longer exists, M8plus_EF.rar 1 capture in 2014 7 years too late.

8. fanhais

fanhais Member

i have one EVTOOL which can do that try this if you can e get the on Saturday but i don't remember where found

Attached Files:

KaosEngineer likes this.