low price ps classic

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by gamecast, May 2, 2019.

1. gamecast

gamecast Spirited Member

I've been watching the prices, how low do you think they will go

-currently-
    frys 60-might be refurbs
    bestbuy 40
    gamestop 40 35 used.
    40 target, 35 with cartwheel
    Microcenter 60

2. BetaGuy64

BetaGuy64 A convincing argument away from buying EB64

Who knows? The whole "mini" trend seems to be dying down, so I'm guessing it's pretty much just gonna be a game of limbo that eventually reaches the bargain bin.

3. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Here in Australia, they're usually about AU$89, but it does vary from store to store (EB Games, The Gamesmen, etc). It's been that way for months. I believe originally they were $140. In general as BetaGuy64 said, it's a dying trend and these mini/classic consoles are in limbo.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

4. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

They were on for $20 CDN here a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

5. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I was going to pick one up until I found out how half assed they made it. Plus I have a good selection of the original games in various forms either on my PS3 or physical. Plus I might have a bleem prototype disc somewhere (Einhander on Dreamcast is sex...when it runs)

6. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

I can agree on this. I played only a few games on the system and it is definitely an aweful experience. One of which I played was Rayman and that had be the worst of them all. Most of the controls didn't work!! To me, the PlayStation Classic was more or less a cash grab for Sony. Little care and wanting to increase their profits. If only they gave it more thought... I regretted purchasing one when they came out at launch for the whopping price of AU$140. I really should've gotten one when they reduced to their current price.
    The PlayStation 3 has heaps of great games to choose from, especially most of the HD Collection. (Except for Zone of the Enders, I think) I've heard of bleem discs. What are they exactly? Do you need to modify your Dreamcast system?

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

7. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Bleem is just an emulator for Dreamcast/PC. Works kinda like a boot disc on Dreamcast. The Dreamcast release was only for a couple games though, the version to support multiple games never got released.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleem!

At their current prices I'd buy one just to put on a shelf. As like, just a miniature PS1. I don't have any interest of playing inferior versions of games I can play elsewhere.

8. smf

smf mamedev

Yeah, I returned mine unopened to amazon just after christmas and then bought one at nearly half the price. It's getting near to a third of the price for a new one and I still haven't opened it...

9. Atombomb66

Atombomb66 Member

I just got one last week at walmart. In store they are $59.99 but on the website it was $39.99 so they price matched it. Not a bad deal at that price but not worth the $99.99 that they were priced at upon release. IMO anyway.