US Looking to buy a DECR-1000

Discussion in 'Want to Buy Requests (WTB)' started by vjxtron, May 21, 2019.

1. vjxtron

vjxtron Member

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a PS3 DECR-1000. If you have one and are looking to sell, let me know. You name a price.

2. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Hi vjxtron,

I thought I would give you some guidance with finding a DECR1000A PlayStation 3. Unfortunately, this site has become quite dead (in terms of the Marketplace; no ones fault in this case) in recent history. The only guy that comes to mind that was on here is @spongeonfire, unfortunately they've gone quiet (I'm not sure if they quit the site entirely). If you would like, you can check eBay (change the address prefix from ".com" to ".co.uk") and either search for it using the term DECR1000A or PlayStation 3 Reference Tool. Another source that can be handy is, Yahoo Auctions/Buyee. Despite the "Auction" name, you can sometimes find these types of things through their Shopping option (easy to determine which one is Auction and which one is Shopping by the icons above them on their homepage), Buyee on the other hand translates these things for you so you don't need to do any unnecessary running around. In Yahoo Auctions use terms like "プロトタイプ" (prototype) or "開発" (development) after putting down PS3 or "プレイステーション 3" (PlayStation 3). Only downside is that Yahoo Auctions doesn't allow addresses beyond Japan so you may have no choice but to go to Buyee (be careful of how much they charge you! I found out the hard way when I purchased my SCPH-10000 PlayStation 2. And please, don't hold back asking questions like "is it confirmed working?" and "can you show me more pictures to prove the condition?" and sometimes you can ask the question "what would be the lowest price you would accept?"). Good luck with the search and tell us how you go!

EDIT: I nearly forgot with so much writing (I never type this much on here. Hahaha), if there's one thing you want to look out for on a DECR1000A for condition, make sure it still retains the CF card slot eject button. If it's snapped off, there may be some trouble there. Make sure the console does everything properly. I have heard of some doing random things. And make sure for the sake of it, if it's dust free. There's nothing worse than excessive dust exposure. This is what can damage things, badly. As for maintenance (I don't own a DECR1000A, but I do own a DECHA00A. Great machine that is!), make sure it's all the preventative stuff like, dusting, keeping it covered when not in use, making sure none of the exposed metal corrodes (e.g. USB ports, et cetera) and open it every year or so for a service (thermal paste replacement, proper clean out of dust).
    Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    vjxtron likes this.
  3. vjxtron

vjxtron Member

Thanks for the tips. I know there was one up on eBay a few days ago but I unfortunately missed it. Thought I might as well hit up Assembler and see, but I'll look elsewhere. I'll definitely give Yahoo Auctions a try. Really appreciate the info.

4. FromAllAspects

Honestly, it's no problem. Anything to help out. You had the same idea as I did with ebay. Hahaha. Another tip for you, there was one I found on Yahoo Auctions some time ago (I would say about a week ago; not sure if you would be looking for ones with the designation DECR1000J. It's the essentially same, just with a J and not an A), but the owner seemed to lack some knowledge on them and placed it under the category, junk (Japanese term for technically not working; this one was stuck on Development mode). I would say this as a piece of advice. Choose wisely, take your time on finding the right one and make sure the seller you're dealing is reputable (if one comes up on ebay, I play by a certain rule. If their postive feedback is at 98%, very seldom 97%, to 100%, deal with them. If it's below those values, tread with caution! Another thing to be aware of, whilst some sellers claim they're from say for example, the United States, click on their profile if it matches, good. If not, steer clear of immediately). I may know someone who could have one, but it depends (I don't think he deals with DECR's), he resides in California, his ebay name is mefenn. Take care and please, if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask us. We're here to help.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

5. Logi26

Logi26 Site Supporter 2014

Have you felt the weight of these systems?
    I would not recommend having one shipped from Japan to the US, these are not exactly rare these days.

I had one shipped from the US to the UK a long time ago when PS3 was still current gen and these where hard to find. I believe the shipping alone cost around $200 - $300.

Personally I would try to find one as local as possible.

vjxtron likes this.
  6. FromAllAspects

That was one detail I forgot to include. I remember spongeonfire sent me a picture of one with the box (I believe it was optioned with all the available accessories) which said some crazy weight like 23 kg? They're an absolute ton on their own. Its a real shame I missed my chance as I've always wanted to test one of these systems out. Just to clarify since you may know more about them than me (since you owned one), did I forget any details or were some pieces of information incorrect?

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

7. Logi26

Logi26 Site Supporter 2014

Yes, 23kg sounds about right.
    Even shipping these things locally can be expensive.

I cannot think of any details to add, I think your advice was fairly comprehensive :).

8. bowser22

bowser22 .

They’re nearly exactly 40lbs. 39.8 if I recall in the manual under dimensions.

9. vjxtron

vjxtron Member

I was aware of the weight, that was a concern of mine no doubt. If one pops up near me again for a decent price, I'll try that. I really appreciate all the info guys.

10. dickibow

dickibow Intrepid Member

Does it have to be a DECR-1000A? I have a DECR-1400A and it's brilliant! A lot more convenient in terms of physical size (much smaller), shipment also and usage. Just a thought.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  11. vjxtron

vjxtron Member

I would like to own both at some point, I want a DECR-1000A, for the reasons you see it as a negative. I think the sheer size of it is really interesting. I know functionally the 1000 and the 1400 are the same, but I just think the 1000 is cooler.

12. dickibow

dickibow Intrepid Member

In that case, you definitely need to get the PS2 Tool (DTL-T10000, DTL-T10000H or DTL-T15000) - As they are the best looking development kits in the world. Ever! :)
    But you might want some ear plugs as they're also the loudest!! :-D

13. jollyroger

jollyroger Gutsy Member

I couldn't agree more :)
    I am lucky enough to have both a DECR-1000A and a DTL-T15000 (and other machines), and while I have a soft spot for the DECR, as I worked on the Cell processor system software (and it's a rack-based tank of a machine), my preference goes definitely to the DTL for the "cool" factor!

14. tichua

tichua Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

It's also a pain to pack and carry to the post office as well

Logi26 likes this.
  15. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Intrepid Member

expensive shipping cost , but it still pain by bocken / dead gpu by shipping
    buy from local is better
    if you local from Hong Kong, i still have few for sell :)

16. teckman02

teckman02 Spirited Member

the DECR 1000 is a beast I've just moved to flint Mi. and I'm having a hard time deciding where I am going to set it up the one that I have has its shipping box from sony