Looking for PS3 modding info

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by kreg, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Fiery Member

Just so you know... maybe you already know this:

Things have changed since this thread originally opened. You can now mod fat systems and some Slims with 4.82 OFW without the need for a flasher... just a USB drive. 4.83 is the latest now and fixed the exploit.

2. kreg

kreg Spirited Member

Yup, good to know. Thank you!

The idea is that I want to use the slim consoles online with OFW for now. So I'll have to go past 4.82. But it would be nice to know if my hardware flashers can take them back someday in the future, when I'm done using them online.

But... if it's risky running the check, then I don't want to risk it, since I will be using my primary account on them for now. I just want the confirmation that I can downgrade them someday, making it worth holding onto them. Which means I'll have to run version check.

I'm mostly picturing a BIOS log, and envisioning that giving me away. A log that says an update ended in error, titled something like "minverchk by ifcora". It's just me trying to be careful.