LittleBigPlanet 2 Debug Build (br2_54356 - November 2010)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by AntDRAG, Dec 2, 2017.

1. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

This is a debug build of LittleBigPlanet 2, dated November 2010. It contains a full debug menu, and is slightly older than the final game internally. However, there are only a few minor differences.

You must be on DEX or on a dev/tool kit to run this build (CFW CEX2DEX convert with Rebug is fine). This will not work on CFW while on CEX.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Enjoy.

Here are the Debug build's farc, map, sdat and eboot files by themselves (Swap the files on your backup of LBP2 with these ones and you will boot up the debug build, this should minimize crashes):
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/5c1dsg23u4m2qbv/LBP2 Debug Build.zip

You can also use this eboot by PixelButts to boot the build up without DEX. http://puu.sh/yxJfD/3712f5088b.rar

DO NOT UPDATE THE GAME WHEN THE PS3 ASKS YOU IF YOU WANT TO. YOU WILL NO LONGER BOOT THE DEBUG BUILD AND INSTEAD BOOT THE RETAIL GAME. You will have to delete the game data installed from Game Data Utility and reinstall game data.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Floyd, Chagosan, SILENT_Pavel and 5 others like this.
  2. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Hey that's pretty neat.
    Is this from a disc or is it a pkg? Does it have the DLCs as well or are they all 0'd out
    You're funny. In a while I'll share a CFW converted PKG

3. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

It's from a disc. It has all the DLCs of LBP1 and some of the first DLCs of LBP2 (R&C, Jak and Daxter, etc) up to the LBP2 launch shirt. There are functionalities that allow you to fill the popit with DLC and debug own all of it. This build doesn't include any of the newer DLC released after LBP2 came out.

4. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Neat. Well while we wait, do you have any screenshots of it running by chance
    Would be nice to have those on hand.

Does this by chance come with a .gp3 file?

5. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

This is a PS3_GAME backup, so no.

I do have screenshots. Here's one I took in-game. By some PARAM.SFO trickery (which is actually that of the retail game, the .farc [contents of the game], .map [directory of the game's contents], sdat and eboot are from the debug build, so it will boot as such), you can go online on the retail servers. I have more screenshots but I need to look through my pictures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  6. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

Here's a couple of better pictures, this time showing the menu and the list of settings it has.

I can take some others tomorrow.

Attached Files:

jakeeeenator likes this.
  7. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Well here's a CFW Signed eboot if you want it for CFW (which means rebug on CEX machines without CEX2DEX will be able to use it).
    http://puu.sh/yxJfD/3712f5088b.rar

The .gp3 is related to disc mastering and someone I was speaking to was hoping it *wasnt* in there

begallegal1, AntDRAG and Bazatree like this.
  8. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

Here's another photo I took of the debug build using the in-game Take a Photo tool. It captures the work in progress watermark and other information that you normally see on the screen as well.

Also, I am receiving reports that the build is crashing.
    What I'm doing to minimize such problems is this:
    I have uploaded the debug build's farc, map, sdat and eboot to Mediafire.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/5c1dsg23u4m2qbv/LBP2 Debug Build.zip

The farc, sdat and EBOOT are placed in the USRDIR folder and the map goes into the "output" folder within USRDIR folder. Swap the files on your backup of LBP2 (the disc copy with its minimum version of 1.00 is recommended) with these ones and you'll boot up the debug build. You can also use PixelButts' eboot to boot the game while on CEX CFW.

Enjoy! :)

Attached Files:

9. Pesky Memer 420

Pesky Memer 420 Member

do i have to do the updates to access the online because i installed the debug and it says the latest update data was found can i update and still have the debug build?

10. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

No, you don't. Just edit the PARAM.SFO to change the game version to 1.33.

11. Pesky Memer 420

Pesky Memer 420 Member

ok cool if i update (download the updates not edit param.sfo) will i lose the debug build

12. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

Yes

13. Pesky Memer 420

Pesky Memer 420 Member

ok in param.sfo do i modify TITLE_ID VERSION 01 00

14. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

I don't remember which one you need to modify, but I believe you can modify both TITLE_ID and APP version to be 1.33.

15. Pesky Memer 420

Pesky Memer 420 Member

Ok thanks

16. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Just so everyone knows, hook up a keyboard.
    F8 opens one menu, Sound debugging menus open with some other keys (i dont remember what I pressed)
    game Screenshot 2017-12-03 19-26-19.png

SILENT_Pavel and AntDRAG like this.
  17. Placeholder

Placeholder Placeholder Title

Great find, though I was hoping that "some things weren't working" didn't include a good majority of the game due to the level select seeming to hardlock my devkit.
    There's still quite a few oddities in there about "New" variants of things in a few of the menus, though, and a few that I didn't quite notice the difference to. I'd have to dig deeper and try to figure out the settings themselves, while having more of the game open to play around with aside from the tutorial and pod to figure out what does what. It seems universally much easier to just use the F8 method to open the Debug Menu, rather than use the pause menu version due to the fact that the later also hardlocks when accessed. Hopefully we'll be able to find more in the future, as LBP was a fun series for me.

AntDRAG likes this.
  18. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

@AntDRAG Are you sure you made a 1:1 backup of that disc? If possible, please make a backup with ImgBurn and upload that ISO (you lost metadata sharing the data this way)
    The ISO you make will be encrypted and thats okay because we have tools to decrypt it but ad rather have this dump preserved properly.

19. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

Unfortunately I no longer have access to the original disc. I only backed up the farc, map, sdat and eboot.

20. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

That's a real shame and wish you did. It would have been very important due to potentially missing assets.

onza120 likes this.