List of unreleased games for the Sega Dreamcast console...

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Mark30001, Oct 31, 2005.

1. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Some kind of slide? Thats the graphic used for every full paged ad that summer. ODCM had a few along with EGM.

2. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

There was a series of auctions on ebay a bit back where I bought some of the remaining inventory from Bleem. I bought some prototype controller adapters they planned to market and I think these papers and that slide came from the same place.

3. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

I was wondering who finally got ahold of all the good stuff, I was going to bid on the adapters but my power died the day the auction ended.

4. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirl™

WipEout had long since become a Sony exclusive when the Dreamcast launched, so I think we can safely cross that one from the list. I don't remember Time Crisis 2 being linked to the Dreamcast before now, although it's quite a possibility - maybe Namco could even have given the conversion a major graphical overhaul, as it did with such great effect previously on Soul Calibur? As for NAOMI2 ports, was Super Monkey Ball ever officially announced? I've already discussed the non-existence of a third Daytona USA (this probably stems from confusion with the 2001 update) and Virtua Fighter 4, plus a theory linking the "Sonic & Knuckles RPG" concept to what later became Sonic Heroes following Sega's move into multiplatform development as a third party company, but how come nobody has mentioned Shenmue III yet?

5. exsegadev

exsegadev Member

Time Crisis II was announced late 1998 before the launch of the console, at the same time as Splatterhouse 4-ever. Only announced in Japan and nothing was ever seen of either of these two Dreamcast games.

6. Omar

Omar Robust Member

I once played a futuristic racer made by Cryo, was some early prototype. Can't remember of the name, but it wasn't Megarace.

7. slayer2k7

slayer2k7 Site Supporter 2015

there's quite a few pics of time crisis out there they look alot better than the playststation version

8. Kami68k

Kami68k Robust Member

Just wondering, is there a beta/alpha/whatever of Colin McRae Rally 2.0 around?
    I just know that there is a copy in the hands of sega.

9. Anthaemia.

Colin McRae Rally 2.0 probably isn't directly in the hands of Sega, as it was being developed by Codemasters - presumably they have the only copies now, if such prototypes still exist. Also, were images from Time Crisis 2 on the Dreamcast really available to the public? I'd only heard briefly about this one, never mind actually getting to see it, though it does seem a little odd that I guessed Namco would go for an all-out visual upgrade as opposed to a straight port. Then again, that was also what they did with Soul Calibur (which appears to have been in development around the same time frame), so maybe I did read about this way back and have just forgotten it since?

10. exsegadev

exsegadev Member

Yes, Colin McRae 2.0 exists in the hands of some collectors. It's locked with a VMU dongle so it wont play as and ISO.

11. Anthaemia.

I'm pleased to hear another Dreamcast prototype exists, even if it is kind of restricted by the required VMU - does anybody know if this method was used for any other games? To be fair, it wasn't too much of a surprise to hear that Colin McRae Rally 2.0 is out there in the hands of collectors as it featured at E3 one year. Hopefully over time more cancelled games that were shown in a similar way might leak or at least come onto the market as well...

12. slayer2k7

slayer2k7 Site Supporter 2015

time crisis

Time crisis seems to have been uppgraded there was another namco game aswell quite a few screens
    I'll try to find them over the weekend

13. Twimfy

Twimfy Site Supporter 2015

People keep saying this but WipEout and 2097 both featured on the saturn.

At what stage did the franchise become exclusive to sony?

14. hxc

hxc Guest

Became part of Sony in about 93' I think...

Sony exclusivity started as soon as the studio was rebranded, which I think, was 2001.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  15. Anthaemia.

The exact point WipEout became a Sony exclusive is probably more likely around the time the third game in this series was being created, and definitely much earlier than its fourth installment.

16. hxc

hxc Guest

Would make sense, which would make it 99', as WipEout64 came out in 98', Wip3out was released in 99', on PS1 only.

17. ServiceGames

ServiceGames Heretic Extraordinaire

I never knew there was a Wipeout for the N64.

18. Lyris

Lyris Active Member

Pod? If so, it was released. I believe the name in Europe was "Pod Multiplayer Online" and the US was something like "Pod Speedzone".

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  19. Segafreak_NL

Segafreak_NL v2.0 New and improved. Site supporter 2012-15

Pod2 was by Ubisoft, so that might have been it.

20. diddydonn

diddydonn Familiar Face

in the uk pod 1 was single player, pod2 was online multiplayer