Life in Japan - Pictures galore !! Arcades, Temples, Rainy days, etc

Discussion in 'Japan Forum: Living there or planning a visit.' started by Yakumo, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

You mean to say you never saw the Retro Core feature in Volum e4 (I think) or saw the Sega World section on my site ? You must get yourself over to http://www.segagagadomain.com/ and check out the gaming in Japan section. It is a bit old now though.

Yakumo

2. CpSteve

CpSteve Guest

iwate pref it is another objective of my travel... all guilt is yours and of your fantastic web site that I know from various time... :p
    hey, maybe we can met for drink something...:smt1062 :drinkers:

3. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Guest

You bet :)
    I sold it later though.

4. Mr. Casual

Mr. Casual Champion of the Forum

Should be minimized into someones avatar! :smt042

5. Yakumo

While out today I met Godzilla's new rival :p
    [​IMG]
    BUGARUG !!!

Yakumo

6. SilverBolt

SilverBolt Insert relevant title here

Ewwwwwww bugs !!!!! i hate them a lot, luckily living on the 9th floor we rarely ever see any bugs in the house.

7. Yakumo

I was bored today so I took a few random pictures.

How would you like these two Dragon Quest blobs to protect your car?
    [​IMG]

Below you can see 7 Eleven. Not to be mistaken for the US chain eventhough it's the same name and logo it's actually owned by a japanese company. I guess they just bought the name. Anyway, 7 Eleven in japan is a very clean place with everything you could want from boxies to butties :p Then even have ATMs, Fax services, print service and post service. Very hand place indeed. Oh and it's 24 hours. they can be found EVERYWHERE !!!
    [​IMG]

These train signs maybe able to put some of you thinking of coming to Japan at ease. There are two main types of train signs at stations in Japan. THey all have English, Hiragana and of course the Kanji. So you'll never have to worry at getting off at the wrong station. Only the most remote places don't have English.
    This sign is taken in Nishi Kokura (a big city with many "gaijins")
    [​IMG]

This sign is taken at my train station in a small town in the country that has 3 "gaijins" including me :p
    [​IMG]

As you can see, both types of sign tell you where you are, the next station and the one you just came from all in English.

Coca Cola are giving away free Lupin III characters again with 500 ml bottles of Coke. Here's a few shots of the one I got today. I took these pictures in work today while sitting at my desk waiting for 5:15 to role by. As you can tell I was bored !!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yakumo

8. Roi

Roi Intrepid Member

:smt045 !

9. Yakumo

More pointless crap images from me today :p

Looks like Pepsi are getting desperate to win at least 1 fan in Japan. Now they have these very nice Episode III bottle cans. The drink still taste like piss though. By the way, many of you may not know this but Japanese coke and Pepsi taste different than the western versions. They seem to be less sweet. Today I drank a can of coke from Singapore which tasted really sweet. Nothing like the Japanese version which I like. Anyway, don't make this in to a "Hey Pepsi is miles better than coke" thread please.
    [​IMG]

I was also last out of the office today so I had to lock up. Pretty creepy walking around the building without a soul in it !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My company's office is just down this long corridor that you can see above. We are on the 8th floor which has two distinctively different views.

Over to the left we have a snooty Hotel and a few other office buildings.
    [​IMG]

And to the right we have the docks belonging to the Asian Pacific Import Mart.
    [​IMG]

Big news here in Japan is that Panasonic after feeling the bite of not having a console on the market have decided to join forces with Microsoft and integrate XBOXes with their own TVs :D :lol:
    [​IMG]

Yakumo

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  10. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

I thought the pictures of the office looked like a car park!

11. Yakumo

A car park ? :) Must be the cleanest one in the world.

Yakumo

12. zappenduster

zappenduster Familiar Face

these halls just scream for a soccer match after work =)

13. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

I just don't want to see the light bill....

14. the_steadster

the_steadster Site Soldier

Wheely Chair Race time!

15. Yakumo

How about this for a crazy drink, BLACK Lemon drink !!! I can't even begin to tell you what it tastes like. I don't even know if I like it or not :p
    [​IMG]

Yakumo

16. RyanGamerGoneGrazy

RyanGamerGoneGrazy Clubbies Are Minis Too!

Yakumo....and i know this question has been answered...but...if your from europe how did you end up in japan, could you live in japan reasonably well without speaking fluent japanese...?..is it hard to learn it?...

lol im desperate to go to japan....
    canada sucks for videogames and attractions

17. Yakumo

I ended up living in Japan by quitting my job in the UK then getting off my arse and came over. At first I took any job that would keep me here and yes, I knew almost no Japanese. I was a waiter in a stake house, part time English teacher, handed out those tissues (any who has been to Japan will now what I mean) and did a bit of proofreading. From there I sort of studied Japanese :p found a nice woman (on my birthday :D) from then on things were on the up until we split a year later. But I did finally get a full time job (teaching English) This was all 6 or 7 years ago now. I still remember it like it was yesterday. It's also one of the reasons why I don't like going back to Tokyo very often. Too many good and bad memories plus it makes me feel old :( I was 22 when I came to this country and now I'm 29 going on to 30 in November. Ahh,........... I wish I was 22 back in Tokyo living the wonderful free life of a young man.

Now you've made me all depressed :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 Ah, but wait ! I have some great friends now where I live so it's not that bad I guess :smt023

Yakumo

18. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

i'm coming to japan in august if you want to share :p

19. RyanGamerGoneGrazy

RyanGamerGoneGrazy Clubbies Are Minis Too!

sorry bout that.........

im thinkin i might try to learn some japanese this summer......maybe...if i get motivated that is....and cahnces are i wont...lol....

oh well someday i will get down to japan.....
    dont think my parents would be too supoortive of me moving to japan..

so instead ill paint a godzilla on my ceiling and eat sushi...lol..that was way to stereotypical

20. Yakumo

I found out today that I'll be working all summer :( No tokyo for me but at least I get money :)

Yakumo