Life in Japan - Pictures galore !! Arcades, Temples, Rainy days, etc

Discussion in 'Japan Forum: Living there or planning a visit.' started by Yakumo, Apr 23, 2005.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Yeah, it was legal then to. If they put cocaine in their soft drinks these days it woudl only incline me to purchase more (and buy a shitload of their stock!)

2. The VGM

The VGM Guest

Maybe over there.....

There are sodas that no longer sell well here but still do well enough to be made in the midwest, like Pepsi Blue and Mr. Pibb.

3. Zilog Jones

Zilog Jones Familiar Face

Anyone remember Tab Clear? God I used to buy that all the time. It was like Coke, but *COOL*!

4. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P<BR><B>Site Supporter

I remember Tab clear, but it seemed to get phased out pretty quickly -_-

5. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Guest

From what I've heard, taking cocaine orally is not a good idea, a friend of mine passed out at a party, they couldn't wake him up for several hours and his muscles were all tense, the doctor suspected that some dud put cocaine in his drink... and I've heard of woman having heart attacks during intercourse because men put cocaine on their dick... why anybody would do that is beyond me, but it certainly sounds nasty...

6. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Come on guys, this is my Japan thread, not the coke on your dick thread :p

Yakumo

7. The VGM

The VGM Guest

LOL. I have a sudden urge to sig that. ;-)

8. Pek0

Pek0 Guest

Just the last off-topic

MMmmm doctor pepper... I would like it to be sold in spain instead of the 20+ clones of Red Bull that you could find here. (Though some of them tastes great, coffee is a cheaper and more efficient source of caffeine)

Btw nice photos.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2005
  9. SilverBolt

SilverBolt Insert relevant title here

nice pics yakumo keep it up

10. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

Keep the pics coming Yakumo.
    Oh, and how is the fell of being wake by a earthquake?

11. Yakumo

Do you mean "how did it feel?" Hmm, nothing special really :smt045 I just lay there in the bed. I basically thought that if the house is going to fall down then I'm just as safe staying in bed where I was nice and warm that what I would be running around the house ina panic :smt043

Yakumo

12. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Well stand on a doorway its less likely to kill you..!

13. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

LOL, you're right :p I never thought about this...

14. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

I thought people got taught these things in japan...

15. Yakumo

They do but if your house is going to fall down your going to get killed no matter where you stand. Personally I'd go under the kitchen table.

Yakumo

16. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

hmmm well i wake up every morning at 6:30 by workers who will put new balconys in our flats (we have two balconys)

and the lift/elevator is so shaky and noisy i can feel it in my bed and my hearts pounds fucking fast when they arrive every morning so i think an earthquake right now would freak the shit out of me
    (luckily we are on a big and stable tectonic plate )

and the workers will work untill the whole building has new balconys
    (they will begin in my flat the 23. of may the day after my sisters Birthday.)

and they have worked for over half a year (in my "side" of the building)

so i don´t think i could take an earthquake right now.

the freakyiest thing is that the lift is right in front of one my balconys.

and back to you Yakumo-san :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  17. Yakumo

Few new picture for you today that I took on the way home from work.

First up are these strange carp (Fish) flags that you can see normally hung over rivers during Golden Week here in Japan (Golden week is the 1st week of May). I'm not really one to care much for the reason behind these which is why I forget even though somebody feels the need to tell me every year. As far as I remember it's something to do with Boys day which falls on a day (maybe the 5th) inside Golden Week. These people that have them out side their house must have a son or just want to be noticed :ayashi
    [​IMG]

Next up is a typical site of just how much money the Japanese waste every year. Now from the image you probably think "So, it's road works" What you don't know however is that the reddish looking bricks that they are laying down are identical to the ones that were there before. In fact they are the same bloody bricks !! Yes, that's right, in Japan they seem to find it necessary to dig up the road then fix it again. You won't notice it if you're on holiday but after living here for years you will notice it. The reason behind it is that the city must use so much money to get the next years budget. So basically they just waste it by digging up roads then fill them back in.
    [​IMG]

Now may of you may go to Japan and be faced with the horror pictured below.
    [​IMG]

Yep, it's a train sign saying that the next train is for Shin Yamaguchi (my train) which will arrive at platform 2 and has 4 cars. The problem is that it's all in Japanese. Don't worry though because if you wait for about 30 seconds it will change to English , TADAAA!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Here's a site you probably won't see up in Tokyo :-D The time this picture was taken was 5:40pm yesterday which was Thursday at Nishi Kokura Station in Kita Kyushu. Maybe not the biggest station in Kokura but still it has 5 platforms. Not a soul in sight. If you look carefully you'll notice an elevated train track to the left of the picture. This is for the Shinkansen trains.
    [​IMG]

more pictures coming soon.

Yakumo

18. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Nice pics!

19. Fonzie

Fonzie Peppy Member

20. Yakumo

I was at that train station again today after spening the night at a friends place. Wasn't that empty today though. I should have taken another picture to compare them.

Yakumo