Lets Talk Neo Geo Prototypes.

Discussion in 'Neo Geo Discussion' started by TonK, Jun 1, 2009.

1. TonK

TonK Guest

Any buzz over here?

Does anyone know of any owners?

Any other information you can provide?

What game interests you the most?

2. Blur2040

Blur2040 Game Genie

Last Odyssey. Not another game like it out there on the Neo. The fact that someone has it though...that's what gets me the most. Though the owner is entitled to do with it whatever they want...I'll admit Neo Geo protos are the ones most likely to make me say "Gimme." It just seems very unlikely that other copies will be found.

Buzz? Not a bit.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  3. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

Can only respond to q4 sadly.

Bang Bang Busters for me. Would love to get to try this one day.

Edit..How could I forget Karate Ninja Sho! Love scrolling fighters (even Sengoku 3!) even more.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  4. wheelaa

Was anything legit and fully working ever unearthed relating to Brikin'ger MVS? I know some people who have been looking for years but only ever located (or heard of) non-working carts and shabby looking homemade / boot carts. Not that it really matters given the cd version is quite easy to find.

5. Baseley09

Baseley09 Resolute Member

Iron Clad is quite the snooze fest, some pretty graphics tho yo!

I think Last Odessey i'd like to play most as there are no other pinball neo geo titles........or maybe the music game ADK were bringing out, wouldve been cool if it had featured a few classic neo geo theme tunes.

6. TonK

TonK Guest

I'd like to see these "boot carts" of Iron Clad you speak of, because, none exist to my knowledge.

Zintrick was assembled and released on AES/MVS and the ROM was released.

Final Romance 2 was assembled and released on AES/MVS and the ROM was released (yuck!)

I had screenshots of Iron Clad and Crossed Swords 2 in setup mode on the soft dip settings.

Also, Iron Clad MVS was seen in person way back in 1996.

7. Xian Xi

Xian Xi Rising Member

I'm still hoping for a MOTW2 game, "supposedly" 75% was complete.

8. wheelaa

I'll see if I was sent any piccies. Bear in mind I was recalling years old emails with a non-native English speaker. I think he most probably meant that they didn't look official and gave him bad vibes. I spoke with FTL about this too a while back and he offered me a similar story of scabby looking carts (innards obviously), no sound etc.

Edit..quick look and found some meh hearsay (although I trust the source explicitly)
    I was in contact with those 2 japanese big collectors to try to find ironclad on MVS cart,legit SNK release.I gave up on it thought as the few pieces I found were already almost not-working or with flas boards on them(very risky parts I was told.They know a lot about rare hardwares and consoles and said the navi complete set ranks as high as one of the rarest machine to see complete.

Not sure what he means by flas board, can't seem to figure out the typo! False or flash maybe?

I'll try and dig out info from my JP contacts though. It's scary how much some of them know (or just make up) about JP gaming that collectors outside of Japan aren't even remotely aware of. (Legit jpmd warlock for example)

Re Zintrick..I've seen MVS and Homecarts of this. All without sound etc. Are those the ones you mean when you say 'assembled'? Or has a legit MVS proto now been found, dumped etc.

Re FR2 - same questions lol!

Re setup screenshots..very interesting indeed. I've seen some IC ones here
    http://www.neogeoprotos.com/games/ironclad.htm
    but none for CS2. If you still had them and were able to share them, I'd love to see them, as would others I imagine.

IC MVS..I'm told a Scottish big timer has one of these. Never really spoken with him myself, except for some Marty talk way back before I heard he had a copy. Typical!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  9. TonK

TonK Guest

I might have the screens for these games.

i'm gonna dig out my old PC and see if I saved them.

EDIT: Nowhere to be found.

I'll look somewhere else - I still may be able to grab them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  10. REXMONDAY

REXMONDAY Rising Member

how much would an average AES prototype go for?

11. Blur2040

Blur2040 Game Genie

http://digitalbullet.weebly.com/razoola-interview.html

No wonder you're so antsy for protos, Tonk, Razoola is teasing you. He can actually get Xacrow to talk to him...

...it would probably be damn near impossible to get a (any) proto off of Xacrow...part of the whole high level Japanese collecting scene that we can't penetrate at all. Well...at least we have...uh...a monopoly on Atari prototypes. :110:

Everyone has their price though. Problem is though, you know the guy is probably ridiculously rich...which means he won't be tempted even by prices that some of us would consider ludicrious. Top that off with a certain japanese tendency to keep things inside the country...Still, everyone has their price. Theres a point somewhere were it becomes absolutely moronic not to sell.

Theres always the idea of a swap too...but if you're a collector who has unreleased neo geo games...there isn't much that you can really offer.

Sigh.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  12. REXMONDAY

REXMONDAY Rising Member

Thanks for the link, good article, might check out some of your other links to get my AES modded even further :dance:

13. Adol

Adol Resolute Member

Same here.
    I remember seeing Iron Clad in an arcade show back at the time,so definately it was in mvs form,but maybe as a unfinished game.
    The best option to get it was probably to steal it at that show back at the time :)

14. rod_wod

rod_wod Fiery Member

I would love to see the video of bang bang busters i read on a site that someone had one and said it was goning to be on the site but never was.also iron clad would be nice to have bootleg wise.

15. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Spirited Member

People are interested in these things? ;-)
    [​IMG]

16. DiamondDave

MAK! Japan had an Iron clad for sale a few years back, I believe.

Mak is an awesome place. It may be way smaller than G-Front, but the guys are always very nice and honest. G-front has a larger selection, but MAK definitely gets in the more rare unique items more often.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  17. DiamondDave

ooh, have a new "special" cart on the way. 7/29/2009 :thumbsup:

18. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Stop being a cocktease and just tell us. This isn't the neo geo forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
  19. DiamondDave

The cart pictured above is a prototype of a released game. The cart that's on the way is a reviewer's sample of another released game, I can't wait to crack it open and check out the boards. It's always fun playing the games as well, and checking out the differences (if any) from the released versions.

20. NTM

NTM Rapidly Rising Member

Hahaha. I was going to write the exact same thing.

For whatever reason, the Neo "community" is full of elitist attitudes. Not saying you are Dave, but if you're going to show a snip of something and not give details, don't show it at all.