Let’s discuss Final Fight Guy Black Box Version.

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by Retrogamer, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Retrogamer

Retrogamer Active Member

Everyone knows the story of the US Blockbuster Exclusive Final Fight Guy, it’s unique orange box and 1-2 units per store making it incredibly hard to find. But even more infamous is the Black box (standard) version that is incredibly hard to find and is shrouded in mystery.

Our friend Adol has expressed that the few owners that he knew personally to own it lived in Canada leading some to believe that it was a Canada exclusive, while others believe it’s a unreleased item. That after being canceled was gutted and repackaged for Blockbuster.

I’m calling on anyone who might own or have owned this in the past who can shed a little light on its release or lack there of. I’m also calling on Canadians who might remember if they actually saw this available retail.

I’m also curious if Canadian Blockbuster locations had the Orange box Final Fight Guy as this would answer some questions about exclusivity, as part of the theory of it being a Canadian release would be that the ‘Blockbuster exclusive’ term would be concerned with USA only.

Thanks in advance
    George

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    AUSTIN PEYTON and Arcadia like this.
  2. Tyree_Cooper

Tyree_Cooper Robust Member

3. awbacon

awbacon Spirited Member

hahaha