Learning to Dump Game.com

Discussion in 'Dumping and Backing Up Your Games and Prototypes' started by Kao, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

Hey, does anyone know how one would go about dumping Game.com carts?

As I understand it (and I could have this wrong), a group called "Game.commies" dumped most every Game.com title known so far some years ago. However, I may soon be in a position to handle some titles that didn't make it to retail, and I'd like to be prepared to dump them should the situation arise.

Thanks for any tips or contacts you can offer!

Edit: Through the magic of the internet archives, I was able to get a hold of one of the original Game.commies guys, and he dropped a ton of knowledge my way. Sounds like I have process outlined pretty well, although there's a fair amount of electrical and circuitry knowledge required which isn't my forte exactly. I'll give it a go, though.

If anyone else is interested in this stuff, I can see if he'd be cool with my copy/pasting his process here for increasing the knowledge pool.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    fate6 likes this.
  2. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Sounds interesting. Game.com was pretty cool!

Kao likes this.
  3. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

It wasn't a very good platform, but Tiger was great at securing licenses, so there's a ton of big-name unreleased games, which is kind of appealing to the researcher/archivist in me.

I'm actually working on the build for the Game.com ROM dumper now. I'll try to share my results here.

Conte Zero likes this.
  4. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Dauntless Member

As long as he is cool with it, it could be very handy for archival purposes if you posted the process online.