Launch Core XBOX 360 (2005)

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by Doc_gc, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Doc_gc

Doc_gc 1888 kernel

Hi,
    i have a launch core X360 (dec. 2005) that gives me 0022 error with rrod. Nothing strange at all for this unreliable consoles.
    Tried to heat the GPU 2-3 times with the qtip method, locking the fans, but is the same.
    Tried to heat the chips with my hot air station, just to check if it boots up. Same as before.

The problem is that it gives me red light after 30 seconds, and someone on the net told that if you have a rrod with this timing the problem is dead CPU. Ok, so i checked the caps on the right of the cpu and the readings are 0.3-0.4 ohms, so the cpu should be good. When i turn on the console the CPU heats up, the GPU is not hot at all.

So my question is, someone had the same problem and solved?

In my case i think is dead GPU but i'm not really sure about it

2. bart_simpson

bart_simpson Dauntless Member

Sounds like a dead gpu probs best to replace or reball to try

Doc_gc likes this.
  3. Doc_gc

Doc_gc 1888 kernel

Thanks, is there a test i can do to check if it's a dead chip?

4. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

Not really - the problem is that 0022 is a rather vague error code. It indicates that the CPU didn't initialize correctly, but no more specific failure could be detected, so it can be caused by a wide range of things - I've seen it caused by a blown FET in the CPU power supply, for example - but I've also seen it caused by cracked solder joints on the RAM chips.