Latest feature packed bios for TSOP flash

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by Flaya, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Flaya

Flaya Active Member

Anyone knows what the most current bios, that has lots of goodies baked into it is, and here to find it?

2. bennydiamond

bennydiamond Gutsy Member

X2 5035 are great but will only fit on 1.0 and 1.1 TSOPs.
    The only downside is the BIOS will take extra time to boot as it will read a config file from the HDD before launching. The great thing is that once it's flashed onto it, you'll never need to flash your TSOP again to change a setting in your BIOS; just edit the config file in E:\.

Feature-wise, it's as good as IND-BIOS.

IND-BIOS is quite similar as X2 but it does have the ability to inject the config file into the BIOS to speed up loading time. Of course, doing so, you essentially lock in the settings until you reflash your TSOP with a freshly injected BIOS. It's a 256KB BIOS so it fits on all TSOPs. Config file resides in C:\.

The major downside and you should do your research before attempting anything, there are stability issues on different combination of IND-BIOS versions and Xbox motherboard revisions.
    To my knowledge, you should only try to flash the ".67" variant on TSOPs and you shouldn't try to flash an injected BIOS on 1.0/1.1 Xbox. Don't quote me on that, ask around.

Version 5003 as a bug with IGR that could cause you issues with CoinOps, the Feb_05 beta, dubbed Beta 5004 has this fixed. If you use CoinOps, you should go with 5004 but only after solid confirmation it will work fine on your Xbox TSOP.

Finally there is M8+. It's great and get the job's done. You need to modify its configuration using the EvTool PC software and reflash it everytime you want to make a change. Contrary to X2 5035 and IND-BIOS, it does not support 128MB RAM Xbox and it does not show the flubber animation in 480p. It's a 256KB BIOS so again, it fits on any TSOP. Flubber animation and X Logo screen customization is also more limted than the 2 other ones.

3. Flaya

Flaya Active Member

Great info! :) Thank you.

Sorry if this is not the place to ask, but do you know where to find these?

4. Forlorn Penguin

Forlorn Penguin Active Member

The BIOSes themselves, or their config tools? All of the BIOSes can be found in HeXEn 2017. The config files are below.

iND-BiOS: IND-Bios Config App v4.30
    EvoX M8+: EVTool 1.0.9
    X2 5035: x2 Config Maker v5035-0.3 (1.0 and 1.1 Xboxes only!!!)

As for compatibility, I can't speak for the others, but I use iND-BiOS 5004.67 on all of my 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4 Xboxes without any issues at all.
    I've actually never heard of that. How do you do that?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Flaya likes this.
  5. Forlorn Penguin

EDIT: Didn't mean to post this, but I can't delete it for some reason.

6. Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo Newly Registered

You can use a 512k version of X2_5035 on all xbox's if you have a chip with at least a 512k bank on it. There is a 1.0-1.5 and 1.6 version of the bios.

I would stick to X5035, M8 or iND-BiOS but X2_5035 is my favorite since you can edit the bios options on the fly with a handy program called X2Config Maker, it even has a built in FTP that will send the edited config file to the xbox for you.

Attached Files:

Flaya likes this.
  7. KaosEngineer

KaosEngineer Robust Member

I thought X2 5035's BIOS had no FTP server it'd been removed.

--edit--
    I see it's the X2 Config Maker that has an FTP client to upload or download the x2config.ini file to/from the Xbox via the replacement dashboard's FTP server.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Nextelhalo likes this.
  8. bennydiamond

bennydiamond Gutsy Member

In the config app you linked. There's an entry in the file menu I think to inject a CFG into a BIOS bin file.

Forlorn Penguin likes this.
  9. Forlorn Penguin

Oh, neat. I somehow never even noticed that before.

10. karcsi89

karcsi89 Rising Member

im stuck between ind bios and m8 bios. Im not too worried about 128mb support i can always change that. My issue is the editing you guys speak of. the two tools i know of can only edit so much. on top of that creating a .x file the tutorial i found is lacking images, and risky for tsops. the m8 bios looks stock and doesnt say "loading ind bios at the very begining" even though u can change the splash with bmp and .x files the loading ind bios will always remain. now with the m8 tool you can still remove dvd checking, add your own dds or remove it so it looks stock. perfect. then change your dash to xbmc and create custom splash for xbmc that way when booting. i like to disable animation flubber even though its same amount of boot time. also in white =p end rant...ive been debating on this all night and figured out what i liked most. nobody wants to see ind bios logos 3 times before you get to a frikken menu.

11. karcsi89

karcsi89 Rising Member

can you change the positioning of the evox logo though? that i didnt look into, maybe its in the cfg?

12. KaosEngineer

KaosEngineer Robust Member

I don't think so, There's no setting in EVTool to change the position. However, you can change the logo displayed with a properly sized and formatted dds file. EVTool comes with several sample dds files.
    halle.jpg m8.jpg peng.jpg xfiles.jpg x-s_man.jpg

I thought most people that tried to inject a CFG into the bios bricked their consoles after flashing the BIOS's dot bin file to the TSOP.

I'd always heard, "Do NOT inject a config (cfg) file into the iND-BiOS when TSOP modding your Xbox."

Although I don't know if the bricking occurred because of an incorrect setting in the cfg file that would lock up the console even if loaded from the HDD or just because a working cfg was injected into the BIOS.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  13. Forlorn Penguin

I can confirm that injecting the .cfg into the iND-BiOS .bin file will brick it. I learned that first hand, thankfully with an Aladdin modchip and not an actual TSOP.

I have no idea why the iND-BiOS team included a feature that, not only doesn't work, but will brick the device. They had to know about the issue too, since it obviously had to have bricked whatever they tested it on.

14. Rocky5

Rocky5 Site Supporter 2015

Bricked two of mine, as I thought I arsed it first time but nup lol so I never inject the config.