la-li-lu-le-lo's Collection and Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by la-li-lu-le-lo, Feb 20, 2013.

1. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I liked the idea of taking pictures of a selection of my games, so I took a picture of some of my favorite arcade ports.

[​IMG]

These games fall into the category of rare, obscure, and/or valuable.

[​IMG]

Woofmute and thedarkpersian like this.
  2. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Some recent additions. A lot of these are games I've wanted for a while. The MVS game is King of Fighters '98, if you can't tell. Apparently KOF '98 uses an Altera Max for copy protection. I noticed the music in the title screen sounds a lot like an Aerosmith song, weird. Kakuto Chojin was sealed, but I opened it so I could play it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Woofmute likes this.
  3. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Here's my PC Engine CD-ROM setup. There's the CoreGrafx (which has been RGB modded), the CD-ROM2 unit (which skyway fixed for me, and I replaced the middle gear), the IFU, and the Super CD-ROM card (3.0). Since I have the Super System Card, I can play everything except Arcade Card games. This is a pretty cool system; I'm enjoying it so far. I've had the CD-ROM unit since 2007 (I think), but only just got it working recently.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  4. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Here are some of the games I've gotten recently.

[​IMG]

Radiant Silvergun is one that I've wanted for a long time; I got it for Christmas. It's in virtually flawless condition. I've been playing it, and I really enjoy it. Treasure's work on the Saturn is pretty impressive. Spider-Man for Dreamcast is another game that I've wanted for a long time. A local game store happened to have a copy, but it lacked the manual. Fortunately, I was able to get the manual separately. The disc is in very good condition; it looks unused. I only just recently realized Sega Tetris had a DC version, and decided I needed a copy. I got the Jack and Daxter Collection sealed for less than $3 from a thrift store. I haven't opened it yet; I have a lot of games I need to play. :p

I also recently had someone try to repair my 360; he determined that there was nothing wrong with it, which I suspected might be the case. I thought the drive seemed a little loud, but based on what he told me and also things I've seen on the internet, it's normal for a Jasper system. At least I can install games to the HDD. Now my PS3/360/Wii generation of systems is complete, and all 3 systems are working perfectly.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Digmac and thedarkpersian like this.
  5. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I have several things I want to post, but I thought I would just post this to begin with. The Gamecube D-Terminal cable. This is something I've wanted for a while. I'm aware of gcvideo, however I wanted the cable so I wouldn't need to modify my system, and so I could use it with other systems in the future, like a Panasonic Q, for example. The D-Terminal cable, despite being pretty much identical (besides the connector), was significantly cheaper than any of the component cables I saw. I've been using it a lot, and really enjoying it. The quality is very good, though not as good as Dreamcast VGA quality.

I also got the SD Media Launcher so I could load Swiss. Previously, I was using an older version of Swiss on my Wii. The version of Swiss I'm using on my Gamecube now (it's a black system I got as a replacement in 2002) has some improvements over the older version, which was a nice surprise. Specifically, Swiss can now disable deflicker on virtually any game. The older version had this ability, but it only worked with certain games. The newer version now seems to work with almost all games; every one I've tried so far works. This is pretty awesome, because it means I can now enjoy much clearer graphics in some of my favorite GC games. The deflicker in some games bothered me so much that it made me less likely to want to play those games, so now I have no excuse not to play them.

Now that I have the D-Terminal cable, I have almost all of the official GC accessories, with a few exceptions. The cable was kind of expensive, but the GC is one of my favorite systems, and I have a pretty nice collection of games for it, so it seems like it was worth it to me.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

thedarkpersian likes this.
  6. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Here are a couple pictures of Super Mario Sunshine running with the D-Terminal cable on my LaCie (NEC/Mitsubishi) CRT computer monitor.

IMG_8523.JPG

IMG_8577.JPG

Woofmute and thedarkpersian like this.
  7. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Here are some of the games I've gotten recently. Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi is one that I had forgotten about. There are 3 that I haven't played yet.

IMG_8631.jpg

This copy of Gex: Enter the Gecko apparently came with a Quantum3D card, but it works with my Voodoo 3. The game ran too fast on my P4 system, so I used a program to slow the system down, and I was able to get it running perfectly. The US version seems to be kind of hard to find, and isn't available anywhere on the internet.

IMG_8655.jpg

I got this Hori New 3DS case a while ago. It's for the standard (non-XL) New 3DS. It was Japan exclusive, I think.

IMG_8719.jpg

The case has space to fit 3 games, which is nice.

IMG_8687.jpg

8. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Some of my recent game purchases. I got Sonic 2 at Gamestop of all places.

games.jpg

I also recently got Strider for PC; digital only, of course. Some time in the next week or so I'm going to post a picture of all of my Treasure developed games.

Digmac and GameScanner like this.
  9. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Here's a picture of all of my Treasure games. Sin and Punishment and Radiant Silvergun are Japanese versions, the rest are US versions. A lot of these I've had for a long time. I got Bangai-O from EB Games years ago. The other day I was trying to think of what was the first Treasure game I ever played, and I can't remember. However, I think it was probably either Radiant Silvergun or Ikaruga.

P8226089.jpg

Edit: I updated it because I forgot one game (Light Crusader). The image quality is also better.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  10. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I don't know if anyone appreciates these selections of games I post, but I'm doing it anyway. Here's a picture of all of my Zelda games.

zelda games.jpg

The picture quality isn't that great, I'm not sure why. Wind Waker is a Not for Resale version. It was originally included in a bundle with a GC system.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Shuji and thedarkpersian like this.
  11. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Some games I've gotten recently.

IMG_2527.jpg

I got a good deal on the US PS1 games from a thrift store, along with some other pretty cool PS1 games. I may post some of those in the marketplace later. I also got New Super Mario Bros. Wii from the same store. Destiny 2, disappointingly, doesn't contain a disc. It just has a code inside. However, I wanted to own this game for PC, and my options were either this, or just download it. I thought, at least this way I get a box. It was on sale too, whereas the download version wasn't - which is kind of weird. I'm enjoying it so far.

I didn't realize how late in the PS1's life Final Fantasy Chronicles was released; it was in 2001. There's an ad on the back of the manual for Final Fantasy X.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  12. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Here are some of my recent game purchases.

IMG_2844.jpg

I've wanted a Dreamcast light gun for quite a while. My original plan was to get the gun and the game separately, and then I found out about this set, and I really liked the box, so I decided to get it. This one is in pretty good condition. I've been playing the game; playing it with the gun on a CRT computer monitor is just like playing it in the arcade.

I really enjoy collecting Japanese games. It helps me deal with the fact that I'm not in Japan currently.

Now that I have the DC gun, I want to get Confidential Mission and Virtua Cop 2 as well.

Since I just got Soulcalibur III, I want to take a picture of all of my Soul Blade/Soulcalibur games. I'll post it in a few days or so.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  13. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

As promised, but much later, here's a picture of all of my Soul Blade/Soulcalibur games.

IMG_2943.jpg

thedarkpersian and Yakumo like this.
  14. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Here are some of my recent game purchases. It's been a long time, hasn't it? I have games for a lot of different systems this time, and also a new PS4.

PS4-1 2.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

The Last Guardian is new. Uncharted 4 says "Not for Resale" on the back - it seems likely it was part of a bundle. Import Tuner Challenge is one I had never heard of until just recently; it's the US version of Shutokou Battle X. I got it from Gamestop; the guy there had to call a bunch of different stores until he found one that had it and then had it shipped to the store near me.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  15. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

You may (or may not) have noticed that I haven’t been posting much lately. I think the last time I posted something was a little over 6 weeks ago. Well, I have my reasons for that. However, I thought I would just post this one thing, because I thought someone here might enjoy it. This will probably be one of the last things I post here for a while. If anyone has any comments or questions, I’ll probably respond to that, and that’s about it. There’s always a chance I might come back eventually, but it seems rather unlikely. I hope you enjoy the video.

Syclopse likes this.