la-li-lu-le-lo's Collection and Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by la-li-lu-le-lo, Feb 20, 2013.

1. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I've been meaning to take these pictures for a while, it's just been delayed for various stupid reasons.

Here's my Metal Gear collection:

[​IMG]

Here's my Shenmue collection:

[​IMG]

If you can't tell, the titles are What's Shenmue, Shenmue (NTSC-J), Shenmue (NTSC-U), Shenmue II (PAL, 2 copies which are exactly the same), and Shenmue II (Xbox, NTSC-U).

Here are all of my memory devices:

[​IMG]

The memory cards in this photo are: Saturn Backup cart, PS1 (blue, translucent) Memory Card, PS2 Memory Card, N64 Controller Pak, 2 x Gamecube Memory Card 59, Gamecube Memory Card 251, Xbox Memory Unit, and 3 VMUs.

I haven't forgotten about the light gun collection, but I've been debating whether I should post it or not. I also want to take a picture of all of my consoles together (there are like 23 of them, I think). I'll do that soon.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Shuji likes this.
  2. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I thought it was time to post some new pictures.

Here are some of my recent game purchases. Valkyrie no Densetsu (PC Engine), Sega Marine Fishing (DC), Soul Caliber II (Xbox), Monster Rancher (PS1), Driving Emotion Type S (PS2), THPS3 (Xbox). I already had the Gamecube versions of both THPS3 and Soul Caliber II, but I'd never played or owned the Xbox versions. The Xbox version of THPS3 is cool because it supports 480p (the GC has to force 480p, and it looks rather shit).

[​IMG]

Here's a Voodoo 3 card that I discovered inside an old computer of mine in my parents' attic. I was thinking about using this and some other parts to rebuild this old computer with upgraded parts.

[​IMG]

Xbox 360 box. I also found this in the attic. I was surprised that it was still there. I still have the console and the HDD, but the console has RROD'd itself into oblivion. The HDD (20GB) is still working, though. By the way, I got this 360 for my birthday in 2006.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  3. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

How is Driving Emotion Type S? I got curious when I saw the Squaresoft logo on the box.
    It reminded me that on the beginning of the PS2 life, Square made some different games, like The Bouncer and World Fantasista. I remember playing World Fantasista when I was younger and enjoying it. The intro was very cool for its time but I think the game hasn't aged very well. Maybe I should buy it to see how it holds up.

4. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I like it. The graphics aren't particularly impressive for a PS2 game (it looks more like a DC game apart from the blur effects), but I think it's pretty, and it isn't bad considering it was released early in the PS2's life. The controls are a little weird; it kind of reminds me of Buggy Heat. The game feels like a mixture of Gran Turismo and Battle Gear/Shutokou Battle type games. It even has the AE86. I got it mainly because it's made by Square, and because I remember hearing something about it that made me interested in it around the time I got a PS2. Also, it was pretty cheap.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  5. capsulej

capsulej Rising Member

Do you sit on the floor when you play? The screens seem kind of low to me.

6. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I made this "shelf" out of a table I got at a thrift store. It originally had a large piece of glass on the top, but when I tried to put the monitors on it, they cracked the glass. So I removed the glass and attached a wooden board to the top. It's not perfect and yeah, it is a little low, but it's easily viewable from a chair or a couch, and I'm usually pretty close to the monitors anyway. It was the best I could do at the time, and I haven't been able to find a better solution yet.

7. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

More recent additions.

[​IMG]

8. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I did a count of my console games. The total is 445 games. I got some cool games recently, like Chameleon Twist (which I've been looking for for a while) and Blasto.

9. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Here's a picture of my current gaming/AV setup. It has 3 displays (2 CRTs and one LCD), 12 consoles, a CD player, an amp, a Blu-ray player, a cable box, and speakers (which you can't see in this picture, and I want to mount these on the wall). I bought this shelf (which is adjustable) and assembled it. I adjusted the shelves to the height I needed them. My dad and I made some wooden panels and painted them black, then covered them in a clear coat. I put these on the shelves (which are actually metal frames). I had to cut the legs at the top to make room for the LCD. The G4 Power Mac isn't connected to anything; I'm just keeping it there temporarily.

[​IMG]

BLUamnEsiac and thedarkpersian like this.
  10. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I thought I would share some pictures of my recent game purchases. I got a New 3DS. It's the Animal Crossing bundle which is kind of cutesy, but this is the only way to get this version of the system (smaller New 3DS) in the US. It comes with some cover plates, but I'm using the black and grey Zelda cover plates. I also got Majora's Mask for N64. This game has been on my list of N64 games I've wanted to buy for a long time. Now that I own this game, there are only a few N64 games left that I would like to own. The main one is Sin and Punishment. You can see other games, as well as a case for the 3DS, which was $5.

[​IMG]

I'm really enjoying the 3DS. I used to own an original 3DS. The New 3DS improves on the original in a lot of ways. I just really enjoy this system in general. I had a minor issue with the screen hinge: it seemed to become kind of loose compared to the way it was when I first got it. I sent it to Nintendo to get it repaired, and they sent it back, but they didn't do anything to it. The issue is exactly the same. I don't know why; I guess either they didn't realize the issue, or they just thought it wasn't a significant issue. It isn't really a big deal, but I was disappointed that they did nothing at all. I still love the system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please leave comments. I have no way of knowing if anyone appreciates this stuff if no one comments on it.

thedarkpersian likes this.
  11. TheGameTagerZ

TheGameTagerZ Spirited Member

That's how I feel when I post stuff I hope people comment but I usually just get people looking at stuff. I appreciate you posting your findings don't stop even if you see no comments!

12. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Thanks. I can understand how people might enjoy looking at the pictures but don't have anything to say. I still appreciate comments.

13. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

I'm getting in a brand new Japanese New 3DS unit soon. I'll let you know how it feels compared to the 3DS and 3DS XL I've got here already. Hope it can help some la li.

14. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

When I first got it, I was impressed by how it would lock very firmly in place when you open it. Now it wobbles a little. Why Nintendo didn't see this as an issue, I have no idea.

15. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

Could be the hinge just broken in a little bit. I know the thing wobbles around a stupid amount on my 3DS XL. It's really annoying honestly, it's that bad. I sure hope for an improvement with this New 3DS.

Keep up the good posts.

16. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

I know how this feels. I post on my collection thread at least once every month but it's hard to get comments.
    If something is really different, like when I posted my new game room, then some people will comment but if it is just some retail games people will hardly say anything.

As for your pick ups @la-li-lu-le-lo, I really liked the faceplate and the MSR game.
    I read somewhere that MSR was created by the same guys who did the PGR series on Xbox.
    I should play it someday.

I have some 3DSs and every one of them have this problem.
    I think even the New 3DS XL has it.
    It's a bit dissapointing but after awhile I forget about it.
    But I think they improved it on the New XL compared to the regular XL.

17. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Yeah, Bizarre Creations. They made MSR, PGR, Geometry Wars, and some other games. Apparently the studio closed in 2011. MSR is similar to PGR in some ways; it has a lot of the same features (Kudos, radio stations, "Real Time Clock", etc.), though the graphics are pretty different.

18. Domspun

Domspun Spirited Member

I always like to look at others setups for inspiration. The "industrial" shelves are a great idea.

19. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Thanks. It's still a work in progress. I want to add some aluminum panels or something to the edges of the shelf (which will cover the holes) to make it look less "industrial" like you said, and more stylish. I also need to make another black panel for the top shelf (the one the LCD is sitting on). I've already mounted the speakers on the wall.

EDIT: I called Nintendo a few minutes ago about the New 3DS screen hinge issue. They basically said the amount the screen seemed to be loose is within normal specs for the system. I guess if Nintendo themselves say there's nothing wrong with it, I can't really argue with that.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  20. Domspun

Domspun Spirited Member

Yeah, game rooms are always work in progress! This is why it's cool to share our setups. I have some big changes soon, so I'll start my own thread in the near future.