King Of Fighters 94 Rebout For Xbox Unreleased

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by xcalibur, Nov 5, 2014.

1. TripleDaGod

TripleDaGod Member

Blood and Boobs in the AES version are activated on the same trigger so if 1 works then so should the other. Whomever worked on the emulation had to forcibly go in and hack that trigger so it would work different in this game. This same odd censorship was present in their versions of 2000 & 2001 where they edited some stuff and not quite others for some weird mismash of censorship.

2. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

wait, so are you saying that this port is just an emulator running a rom? can it be hacked to play other roms? :D

3. TripleDaGod

TripleDaGod Member

Yes and no.

Yes as in this game is for better or worse the AES version KoF '94 in its original form so you could in theory replace the KoF '94 rom with something else if you wanted to.

No as in if you could you'd break the game seeing as the Re-Bout stuff needs to emulate KoF '94 to even function.

Seeing as we're talking about the OG XBOX is that emulation is done way better in apps like CoinOPS & Final Burn Legends anyhow.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  4. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

That's an informative answer, thanks. I forgot the Xbox has pretty much everything emulation wise.

5. stranno

stranno Enthusiastic Member

Played it a bit and it looks pretty much the Playstation 2 version. Similar framerate, similar framebuffer size, similar scenarios, effects, etc.

I only found a few differences in missing elements on XBOX version, like little waterfalls in Brazil, but i'm not sure coz there is some randomness every time you start a battle in the same scenario, like the camera position. Color seems to be a bit watered-down over the Playstation 2 version also.

And, well, the Playstation 2 version is NTSC-J with english and the XBOX is NTSC-U (i belive) with Multi-5, an incredible stupid spanish translation xD

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  6. Wesker

Wesker Spirited Member

As I said, it's the same dodgy translation from the Neo Geo MVS/AES version.

Dunno if this is really Multi-5. Neo Geo MVS/AES games usually were some kind of weird Multi-4 with Japanese, English, Spanish and Portuguese and dismissing the usual European languages like German, French and Italian so it's probably the same with this one (setting the console bios in those languages and booting the game would be enough to check it out, is there Portuguese language in the bios btw?), seeing that this is pretty much getting the same script from the Neo Geo MVS/AES version without substantial changes.

7. stranno

stranno Enthusiastic Member

Wops, yes, i think its Multi-4.

8. Vosse

Vosse Well Known Member

Unless you want true 240p output on a CRT. You are stuck with linedoubled 480p if you are fortunate enough to have a CRT that supports 480p. (Rare) otherwise you are stuck with 480i.

9. Emperor Bohe

Emperor Bohe Member

For some reason I'm getting a black screen when I try to launch the ISO in XBMC from my HDD. Perhaps I downloaded from a bad link, or does the game need to be run from disc?

10. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Dont run an ISO. Extract the files.

11. Emperor Bohe

Emperor Bohe Member

Sorry, should have clarified that I extracted the ISO with qwix. My bad. But yeah I'm still getting a black screen, I'll probably try another download tonight as my other games are fine

12. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Turn off QWIX's patching stuff or try a different utility. Some of the XISO programs do all sorts of patches that aren't necessary and have done that to me before.

13. Emperor Bohe

Emperor Bohe Member

re-downloaded the ISO using the link in this thread... now I seem to be stuck at the "loading..." screen at boot

damn. i'm sleepy now but i'll try again tomorrow.

edit: got it to work by just burning the ISO to a dvd and then ripping the ISO to my HDD using dvd2xbox. dunno what the windows programs were doing, this is the 1st time I had a problem with them but it's all good lol.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  14. Azathoth

Azathoth Spirited Member

Apologies for the bump.

Regarding the regional censorship, does anyone know if there is a way to rename some of the files to get that to work with the console region set to US/English?

I ask because when Samurai Shodown V came out in the US it was kinda the same deal. It had a new shitty English announcer, but if you set the console to JP you'd have the original announcer and Japanese text. By renaming 2 files in a folder you could have it use the original Japanese announcer, Japanese text for the rounds/victory display announcement, but still have English text for the cinemas and everything else. I haven't downloaded Rebout yet so I didn't know how the file structure was.