King Of Fighters 94 Rebout For Xbox Unreleased

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by xcalibur, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Works just fine on my softmodded Xbox. I'll play with it when I have more time later. Thanks for the upload!

2. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Thanks for the share!

3. xcalibur

xcalibur Active Member

fantastic release,than you for the upload.

4. Kid Fenris

Kid Fenris Rising Member

Good to see everyone's enjoying it! I'll probably pick up a modded Xbox so I can try out the disc and some other review burns I have (the rest are all released stuff, though). Any hard-modded or soft-modded Xbox can run this, right?

5. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Most prototypes, especially review ones, will run on softmodded boxes.

6. billcosbymon

billcosbymon Guru Meditation Error

YES! Thank you for the upload Kid Fenris! Uploading it to my xbox right now :D.

7. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

I downloaded the ISO, burned it to a disc via ImgBurn, and put it my (softmodded) Xbox and started to play. It's that simple. :)

8. RichardX

RichardX Peppy Member

Thank you!

9. MDashK0

MDashK0 Member

Oh yeah! Totally forgot!
    This is a great release to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of KOF! =P

KOF 94 Rebout Xbox "released" to celebrate KOF 20th Anniversary!

Not bad, I think. XD
    I've been waiting for the '98 Final Edition on Steam all this month, and nothing yet.... :\

10. Esppiral

Esppiral Enthusiastic Member

Amazing stuff, sadly my xbox died some weeks ago T_T

11. Banjo

Banjo <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Downloading now. Many thanks for the upload Kid Fenris!

You're not in the UK by any chance are you?

12. TripleDaGod

TripleDaGod Member

In this case I'll gladly be your source to cite because I was there. We even knew about the review copies out in the wild but nobody could get a hold to one. Until now anyway. The one inquiry I can speak on is that the reason '94 Re-Bout didn't come out was because there was a huge shakeup at SNKPUSA and the release of this game got caught in the midst of it and got canned in process of things. At least that's what we were told by the dude who answered our insider questions.

After taking a good look at what's here is that if this was the version that was going on store shelves then the PS2 version is the better version. The game's half censored which in this case means that Mai gets her bounce but nobody bleeds. Because this is the case and Re-Bout is just 94 with a new coat of paint is that this odd change affects both Re-Bout & NeoGeo mode. What's weird is that SNKPUSA stopped the censorship stuff way before this game was to released so maybe it isn't a final product?

I also wonder if they were going to add subtitles to the History of Orochi/Nests movies since they aren't done such a service with what we have in front of us. It would seem that this game and NeoWave were the only games that suffered port differences between the PS2 & XBOX versions. All XBOX versions of NeoWave are missing Angel & May Lee Jinju for whatever reason.

Thanks a bunch to Kid Fenris for sharing this awesome gem! Never thought I'd see the day but here we are!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  13. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

If this was sent to a paper press place, you could be looking at a copy that was a few months from being finished, but close enough to where they were comfortable having it reviewed. Just lead times and all that.

14. MDashK0

MDashK0 Member

I believe I have the answer for this.
    These two characters coypright belongs to Eolith, hence probably why they aren't in the game, since SNK Playmore do not have the rights to them...

15. TripleDaGod

TripleDaGod Member

Makes sense enough to me. If that's the case I'd love to see the finished version if it exists as well.

I know but that's so old news and matters not anymore since a bit after Neowave dropped on XBOX SNKP bought all those rights back so they'd no longer have to license the use of them which is why they're in the PS2 versions and K9999 who has since been replaced by Nameless so they wouldn't get sued for the Akira references.

I say this so dismissively because I found out sometime after that the PS2 versions were getting those characters and I wasn't too happy that I had to import a copy to get what I wanted.

16. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Have you tried the game in Japanese? Re-Bout mode has some blood. Seems pretty rare, but I don't know what triggers it (never played the PS2 version).

17. TripleDaGod

TripleDaGod Member

This discovery forced me to pull it out for some compare and contrast and I found out a whole bunch of information because of it.

The most important thing I ended up learning was Re-Bout uses the AES version as a backdrop for everything that it does.

AES versions of original '94 depending on the country in question had an additional code to activate the blood effect & Mai's bounce. The Japanese version never needed an activation code where the USA & European versions did.

So the PS2 version of course uses the Japanese AES version which doesn't need an activation for "blood & boobies!" which is why its always on no matter what. The XBOX version uses the USA AES version with the trigger for both effects already activated but for whatever reason SNKPUSA edited the blood out which again given the time frame is a bit strange but the conclusion I've still come to is this isn't a final product so who knows if they would've put it back in or took it out because of ESRB concerns even though I see the game was already rated T anyhow.

18. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Not quite what I meant. Start up your Xbox without the game, then enable Japanese in the system settings.

This leaked copy of the game includes Japanese language support. I've verified blood appears then.

19. TripleDaGod

TripleDaGod Member

I can doubly confirm. Kind of kicking myself for not even considering that possibility at all. I'm glad somebody found it though.

I can also confirm it does take the European AES versions into consideration but the same censorship applies.

20. Wesker

Wesker Spirited Member

Spanish language support is also included, with pretty much the same butchered translation from the Neo Geo MVS/AES version.

Really? I noticed Mai's boobs bouncing as if it wasn't censored.